PDA

View Full Version : My new noveske afghan

slim310
06-30-11, 15:14
This is a great site. Been lurking here for a time now learning stuff from what I read as some very knowledgable fellas.
I do and have owned a couple of bushy'sand a stagg model2. GREAT guns. All in all I never had more than operator induced error. Very satisfied with both mid shelf brands. They have both behaved like top shelf brands IMHO.
2weeks ago the good people at Noveske helped me confirm my order and the eagle has landed. My complete afghan is not a vis. I chose the noveske 11" handgaurd. I switched out the vortex flash suppressor for the slightly more expensive acc 5i T- blackout. Amazing is an understatement. Can't wait to heat er up. I had the SS 14" bbl painted and baked to stay all black and went as far as treating myself to a new black magpul AFG instead of moving the one I have on my bushy patrolman. I think
this rifle deserves a new forward hand support device at the very least. Fit & finish are superb as most
know how John's product leaves his line.

Yes I know , pics coming. Soon as the weekend gets here my buddy calls himself a photographer and so
we'll see.

I just keep dreaming of inch and a quarter groups at 4and 500 yds.
Again , we"ll see just how much more accurate this bbl is than I am. Judging by my latest outings it should be way more on than me. Never used 75 grain black hills ammo. I have 400 rds ready to go in 5 pmags. Not sure a greenhorn like myself deserves this caliber craftsmanship but I can't think of anyone that would have been able to stop me from ordering it. Including my lovely wife. Again, Nice being here ,learning from you people.
Btw , I think I am in a position to comment on the private LEO club here...c'mon , really now. Are there really that many things to say to each other that civilians can't read in on. Even our dedicated police
forums are open.. Look , just sharing a thought. not trying to put a fire under anyone's butt. Not a
bad thing obviously , just a bit interesting. I will deliberately not click that thread. Lol.:smile:

Thank you for taking my money Mr. Noveske. I came close to giving it to lwrc for a dea but went DI instead of sspd. This time. Still want one though.

NEVER FORGET 9*11*01. I sures hell won't

d90king
06-30-11, 15:39
I just keep dreaming of inch and a quarter groups at 4and 500 yds.

Congrats on your new Noveske!

On the other hand... Put the pipe down! Have reasonable expectations or you will be dissapointed.

If you are 3-4" at 400 you should be thrilled...

steven37
06-30-11, 17:36
Nice purchase! I'm sure you'll love it.

ucrt
06-30-11, 17:59

Nice rifle.

You gun should easily be able to get 3/4" groups at that range if you use the Cajun South Louisiana technique.
The CSL technique requires you to shoot 30-rounds and then pick the closest three shots and claim that for your "group"...;) I have actually seen guys bragging on a small group on a target that looked like it got shot with #4 buckshot at 40-yards.

I agree with D90King, 4" would be superb but 6" is probably more realistic. Just don't brag about a 3-shot group...10-shot groups or keep practicing. :)

Iraqgunz
06-30-11, 18:38
Once again for the masses. This isn't Facebook or Twitter.