PDA

View Full Version : Mossie Tactics 2-Day Low Light Pistol Class - SoCal‎ - Sept 17th & 18th, 2011

Buck
06-30-11, 19:09
Mossie Tactics 2-Day Low Light Pistol Class - SoCal‎ - Sept 17th & 18th, 2011

Mossie Tactics LLC www.MossieTactics.com

http://mossietactics.com/image/PicDD65.png

Buck Mossie is a former United States Marine Corps Infantryman who deployed to both Southeast and Southwest Asia with the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Special Operations Capable. He currently is a member of a large Metropolitan Law Enforcement Agency in Southern California, where in addition to having worked a variety of field assignments, he has also served as a California Peace Officers Standards and Training (CA P.O.S.T.) Certified Master Firearms Instructor for over a decade.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff400/mossietactics/logo3948322_md.jpg

Mossie Tactics 2-Day Level 2 Low Light Pistol Class - SoCal‎ - Sept 17th & 18th, 2011

Pistol 2 ~ Review of topics in Pistol 1 with more advanced shooting on the move, skill drills, and night fire. Courses of fire to be used are based on the skill level and evaluation of the shooters. The shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp on strengths and weaknesses and drills to help themselves improve. You will need a hand held flashlight or weapon light and spare batteries for night fire.

- Primary Instructor: Buck Mossie

- Class dates: Sept 17th & 18th, 2011

- Cost: $375

- Class size: Maximum ten students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 800 rounds of ammunition
- Weaponlight
- Six snap caps
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please sign up on the Mossie Tactics schedule page located HERE (http://mossietactics.com/services.html).

If you have any questions about this or any Mossie Tactics classes, please contact me directly at buck.mossie@gmail.com.

S/F

Buck Mossie

katgirl
07-01-11, 18:12
Honestly, these are Wonderful courses and a great value!!!

Buck
08-02-11, 14:36
To answer a few questions that I received about this class:

I really recommend a pistol with an attached weapon light and a holster that will retain the pistol both with and without the light attached.

Of all the lights out there, I believe the Surefire X300 is by far the best; however, the Streamlight TLR 1 is also a quality piece of kit.

If your pistol does not have an attached light, yes you can use a hand held light in this class. You will learn the correct pistol manipulations for conducting both reloads and malfunction clearances, with a hand held light.

If you think you may ever deploy / fire your weapon during the hours of darkness, this really is going to be a class not to miss... And as always, I offer my unconditional 100% money back guarantee, if you take any of my classes and do not feel it was worth your time and effort, I will refund your full tuition, no questions asked.

S/F

B

Buck
08-11-11, 18:41
There still some room in this class and also in the follow up Low Light Carbine 2 course scheduled for November...

I just spoke with the range staff and arranged for dinner to be available for the class in the Oak Tree Club House on both days... This is promising to be a great class and one not to miss...

As a thank you to all of you who have taken classes with me in the past and to welcome some new students, I have decided to offer a 20% discount If you sign up for both the Low Light pistol and Low light Carbine class at the same time. That's $150 in savings. If you have already signed up for both classes, shoot me an email and I will apply your discount...

S/F

Buck Mossie

katgirl
08-11-11, 18:52
Generous offer! Thank you Buck! (and I mean that whether or not I did)

Buck
08-12-11, 11:35
Generous offer! Thank you Buck! (and I mean that whether or not I did)

Kat,

Your all signed up and good to go...

S/F

B

katgirl
08-16-11, 11:54
Thank you Buck! I am really excited about both classes. The little training I've done, between movement, flash technique and then sidearm, carbine marksmanship it's like rubbing your stomach, while patting your head and juggling all at once! I can't wait to learn how to get it right! :)

Many, many thanks Buck for the coaching and skillset upgrades!!!
click (http://twolftfeet.com/close_drill_desert.html)

katgirl
08-20-11, 01:11
p.s. I'm toying with the idea of getting a silk screening kit to make t-shirts with Buck's logo - let me know if there's any interest in this. Would essentially do it at cost of materiel.

Onikudaki
08-20-11, 18:12
Just got confirmation from Buck that I am registered and good to go for the low light pistol class, really looking forward to it!

Buck
08-30-11, 18:32
We are 2 weeks out and there are still a few spots left...

S/F

B

Plato
08-30-11, 18:43
Signed up! Can't wait to run a 1911 this time around!

-otto