PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon TR24 - interesting observation

lifebreath
07-01-11, 15:26
I have a TR24 Accupoint and I love it, especially on low power for bright image, fast acquisition, forgiving eye-relief and big exit pupil. However, I have noticed that the diopter adjustment goes out of whack sometimes. I saw a post in another thread where this was happening, apparently due to recoil. However, I don't think that's the case with mine. I think it hits the bill of my hat as I'm shooting and gradually moves counter-clockwise. The problem is exacerbated when shooting prone, as the hat is more likely to make contact.

Has anyone else encountered this with scopes that have a non-locking focus ring at the rear of the eyepiece? I'd like to lock it down somehow.

lifebreath
07-03-11, 11:13
I went shooting yesterday with the TR24. I put a few hundred rounds downrange doing various drills and noticed about halfway through that the diopter adjustment ring had moved significantly counterclockwise. I'm quite sure I was not hitting the scope with my hat or anything else. I'd like to see a more positive means of securing the focus ring. I'm going to contact Trijicon CS and see if it's a known issue and if there's a way to tighten it up. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your solution? I love this optic otherwise and find it extremely fast and easy to shoot with the green triangle reticle.