PDA

View Full Version : 16 year old girl and her glock 22

johniac7078
07-01-11, 18:35
Teach your kids to shoot!!! Safety first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1V_NPiG9s

Magic_Salad0892
07-01-11, 19:11
She controls the .40 pretty well for her age/experience.

How long has she been shooting?

Did she get to shoot the full auto gun in the background?

GermanSynergy
07-01-11, 19:17
Outstanding!

These kids are the future of the 2nd Amendment, kudos to you for training her.

Dienekes
07-01-11, 20:14
My daughter got her Glock 19 when she was 13. At about age 19 I shipped her down to Gunsite for a 250 class. She had a blast, and did well. She was ahead of the curve in various ways, and the instructors asked her who taught her to shoot. I was pretty proud of her when she said "Dad did".

She now has her OWN gun safe and knows how to use the guns in it.

The 14 year old neighbor boy that helped me put a new barrel on my AR wants to get his own 1911 one of these days.

Kids like that will carry on the traditions when we are gone. Nice feeling.

tgace
07-01-11, 23:50
Reminds me that I have to get my 17 yo out there again. She always seems to have something else in the social calendar.

jenrick
07-08-11, 02:25
The shooter in the video was doing a better job then about a 1/3rd of the people I went to the police academy with. Good job to her.

-Jenrick

johniac7078
07-08-11, 06:12
The shooter in the video was doing a better job then about a 1/3rd of the people I went to the police academy with. Good job to her.

-Jenrick

thank you! She is a great kind kid. In only a week or so, she is showing real improvement. So much fun.

kest_01
07-08-11, 06:51
That is awesome, I've been taking my 9 yo son out to the range with me for the last few months and this weekend I'm picking up his first .22, now my 6 yo can't wait till he's old enough to come with us. Really gratifying to see something that you love being picked up by your kids, and they are the future of the sport.

johniac7078
07-08-11, 07:30
That is awesome, I've been taking my 9 yo son out to the range with me for the last few months and this weekend I'm picking up his first .22, now my 6 yo can't wait till he's old enough to come with us. Really gratifying to see something that you love being picked up by your kids, and they are the future of the sport.

Nice! I could not agree more!! It is funny now that both my parents are gone, it is the little things I remember most. Enjoy your kids, they grow up way too fast!!!

goodoleboy
07-08-11, 07:32
I think that teaching somebody how to shoot is the greatest insurance that they will never vote for those who would strip us of our 2nd amendment rights. When they see how fun it is for law-abiding citizens, it can't help but have a positive impact.

ReaperAZ
07-08-11, 08:38
Hope to some day have kids and do the same thing. I remember when my father taught me to shoot and how much fun I had. Years later he told me how much he enjoyed doing it. So I bet you guys have a great time out there.

Pistol Shooter
07-08-11, 12:39
Good job by the young lady. :smile: