PDA

View Full Version : TacTV update

Larry Vickers
07-01-11, 18:42
Guys many of you have already heard that my new show is airing on Sportsman Channel called TacTV. It airs at 8pm on Monday nights- feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

What you may not know is there is now a TacTV forum here on M4C in the manufacturers section - this is for discussing the show and providing feedback.

But here is the best part- if you don't get the Sportsman Channel ( like me) then you can watch special extended web only episodes on the show website ( www.tac-tv.com) - the website is not live as this is written but will be soon- the subscription is only $10 a month or $100 for the year. It will feature not only the extended episodes but training and gear tips that can only be found on the website

The reason we did this is twofold -1) Many people either don't get the show or don't want to pay the up charge on their cable or satellite bill just to get my show and 2) we ( myself and the TacTV crew) feel the Internet is the future of TV - it gives you maximum viewing freedom on your terms; watch when you want not when the channel decides and it makes the DVR obsolete

Now here is the kicker - when the website goes live ( very soon ) if you are a member of my website newsletter you will get a 10% discount code ( sign up at www.vickerstactical.com) and I have talked
It over with my crew and we have decided to sweeten the deal;

The 100th subscriber gets a free slot in one of my 2 day classes

The 500th subscriber gets a NIB Glock 17

The 1000th subscriber gets a Daniel Defense M4 with the TacTV logo
laser etched on the lower receiver

We are doing this to jump start the website and get the ball rolling quickly - this is all groundbreaking stuff and we want you to be part of it

Thanx to everyone for your support and I hope you enjoy the show

I will post back on M4C to let you know when the website goes live - as well as send out a email newsletter and post on my Vickers Tactical Facebook page- spread the word and get ready to pull the trigger when the time is right!

Be safe

Larry Vickers

Singlestack Wonder
07-01-11, 21:28
Thanks Larry! Looking forward to it as our local cable provider does offer the Sportsman Channel.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-01-11, 21:33
Thanks Larry I dont have cable or dish so this is super news for me as I never got to see any of your past shows just clips on youtube

jdavis6576
07-01-11, 21:44
Sweet! I've been waiting for this to go live online as I don't have cable. I'm already registered on your site, can't wait!

ryr8828
07-01-11, 22:13
I get the sportsman's channel but I may register anyway.

I have to say though that I'm sad to see the Tactical Arms show with you, Kyle, and Jason go away. Great show and great interaction between the 3 of you.

acaixguard
07-01-11, 22:15
This is awesome. I too am one of those that relies more on the internet for my entertainment and info. Can't wait to start using the site!

tgace
07-01-11, 22:48
DVR is set.

It says the first episode is titled "M4".

Packman73
07-01-11, 23:28
Damn, I missed the first episode! Looking for a rerun...

txf15crewchief
07-02-11, 00:24
Excellent first episode, can't wait for more!

UDT
07-02-11, 09:55
I get the sportsman's channel and IMO the first show was very good.

Frailer
07-02-11, 13:28
DVR is set...

Same here; looking forward to it.

Thanks, Larry, for the heads-up.

VLODPG
07-02-11, 19:45
I don't own a TV but I do have broadband internet & a PC

I'll be waiting for the notice!

sgtjosh
07-02-11, 23:20
I just saw part 1 on the DDM4 torture test. I was impressed. My DVR is set.

Jellybean
07-05-11, 16:00
Is there any way to get an estimate of when the TacTV site will be up?

Also, I would like to receive a notification when you are at 99 subscribers....:lol:

Larry Vickers
07-05-11, 20:51
My director is going the extra mile to make sure everything is good to go on the website before it goes live- another thing I failed to mention is it will have a 'youtube' like section that will allow users to post video clips of their own- making it a complete tactical video site

My estimate would be the site will be live within 2 weeks

Of course when it is you guys will find out asap

Thanx

LAV

Watrdawg
07-06-11, 07:14
I don't have The Sportsman Channel so when the website comes up that's where I'll be coming too.

Larry Vickers
07-06-11, 10:57
Guys just realized I made a mistake - the free 2 day class, Glock 17 and DDM4 are for yearly subscribers - many of you probably figured that out but I wanted to be clear

Be safe

LAV

84B20
07-15-11, 20:46
Larry, I've been following you on a number of shows you've been part of on the Outdoor channel and I'm happy you now have your own show. I especially liked the one where you did the mods on the M4 and I even installed several of the "kit" items you suggested.

Gary1911A1
10-07-11, 14:36
Enjoyed your show Monday with the interview of Rob Leathem. Glad to hear you teach his draw in your class as I'm taking your and Ken Hackathorn 1911 Class later this month.

DemonRat
10-07-11, 14:53
I just found a reason to get TV again. Been without cable and satellite TV for over 10 yrs now. But this gives me reason to get it again. Wife wont like it as our late night talks will be interrupted now lol. :D

Rambo226
10-09-11, 22:00
LAV any update on when the TacTV website may go live?

84B20
10-09-11, 22:09
I just found a reason to get TV again. Been without cable and satellite TV for over 10 yrs now. But this gives me reason to get it again. Wife wont like it as our late night talks will be interrupted now lol. :D

You don't know what you've been missing! There a number of good firearms shows on the Outdoor channel.

Hdog83
10-09-11, 23:04
...can't get Outdoor Channel here...eagerly awaiting the web version as well....

84B20
10-09-11, 23:08
...can't get Outdoor Channel here...eagerly awaiting the web version as well....

You can if you just shell out for a DirecTV system.

Hdog83
10-10-11, 18:47
...not if you live in an apartment building...in an apartment that you rent...in a big city with limited sky views....

(I know, move...I'm working on it)

one
10-12-11, 01:13
What's up with Sportsman's channel showing the same episodes two weeks in a row? They did it with the 1911 ep and the AK ep each. It's not all bad, gave me a chance to watch the 1911 show a couple of times.

Kafir
11-03-11, 11:07
Really enjoy the show. Nice topics, and great to see yourself and Hackathorn having fun and sharing knowledge.

Had a question on the Competitive Shooting episode and the couple malfunctions your Glock had...can you share the details of what you think caused these? You commented during the episode that aired you felt the first one shown was ammo related...not sure what the second one that made the show was, but looked to be the same to the guy sitting on his couch watching. :D

Thanks.

Mac11
11-29-11, 06:22
The latest "GLOCK" and "HK21" shows were both home-runs. I didn't even know there was a "G18" with FA ability.

acaixguard
11-29-11, 11:03
Any updates to the development of the tac-tv.com site?

Trajan
11-29-11, 15:21
Will the show be made available on DVD?

TacticalIntervention
12-01-11, 12:18
Larry, really like your TV show. My wife says its one of the few she does not hear me say BS to. LOL

Ken and you tell truths and that is the best

Mike Miller

decodeddiesel
12-04-11, 23:55
I just watched the HK21 episode. Well done! I really enjoyed the final scene as it is something not many shooters have the chance to do on their own. It was eye opening for sure, and seeing that HK21 open up on the car was just EPIC!

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-18-11, 19:09
I just watched the HK21 episode. Well done! I really enjoyed the final scene as it is something not many shooters have the chance to do on their own. It was eye opening for sure, and seeing that HK21 open up on the car was just EPIC!

Dude, DUDE, Duuude, dude, Dudeeee. Larry rocked about every way you can say the word "Dude" in that shoot, I thought I was watching the Big Lebowski.

TacticalIntervention
12-19-11, 11:38
Dude, DUDE, Duuude, dude, Dudeeee. Larry rocked about every way you can say the word "Dude" in that shoot, I thought I was watching the Big Lebowski.

Not a fan of "Dude" myself but still best gun show on TV. Larrys is good guy and knowledge on the show is far btter than all the other shows combined.

streck
01-05-12, 14:06
Any updates on the website going live?

Going to www.Tac-Tv.com shows "Coming Soon".

I missed the episodes but will look for them as repeats.

rushca01
04-03-12, 08:13
Caught the HK416 episode last night. I assume this was the season 2 opener? Great episode and I look forward to more.

Lox
04-03-12, 21:09
Can you provide some info on the how the cameras mount to the quad rail? I have been looking online for stuff for a while and haven't been able to find anything..

Mongo
08-20-12, 23:48
Watched your episode on the operator pistols tonight.

A bit of info you might not know about the TiRant suppressor you used in the show. You can adjust the point of impact with the can to some extent. The baffle porting is asymmetrical and the booster assembly has different indexing positions thus allowing you to adjust how the porting will effect point of impact. You can not always get it to match the unsuppressed point of impact but you can minimize it. I am pretty sure the instructions for the can should have the info in it for POI tuning, at least the proof set I read way back did when was doing some work for AAC.

Larry Vickers
08-21-12, 19:26
I was just told that about the AAC pistol cans - ill have to try it. Mine is fairly close out to 15 yds or so - my guess is it would help windage but not elevation ? Either way thanx for the info

Be safe

LAV

one
08-21-12, 21:16
I just got my TiRant Sunday so it was interesting to see your show on it. Mine does pretty well at ten yards and about on my 45C.

How about bringing that 45C to Schoening's classes next month so I can try out the Bowie stippling on it if that's possible.

Mongo
09-04-12, 01:58
Just watched your Aim Point episode and when you stood there all gowned up and asked if you wanted gravy on the meatloaf I died laughing.

BYW I really learned something, Aimpoint is Swedish and not a Swiss company, never noticed that I had the wrong country for them.

JW5219
09-04-12, 10:59
I watched the episode this morning.

LAV makes for a very scary looking lunch lady! I can picture the 5th graders running for the exits in complete terror! LOL :D

M4Guru
09-04-12, 12:53
Aimpoint episode was great. Want gravy on your meatloaf? I was rolling dude... :lol:

7.62WildBill
09-04-12, 19:13
My wife didn't appreciate the lunch lady impersonation nearly as much as I did, but I was dying. Great episode!

Larry Vickers
09-05-12, 08:26
Thanx guys - we had a blast filming at Aimpoint and I am even a bigger fan now than before; they are on top of there game right now

I must admit I had forgot about some of the comedy in that episode - in particular the lead farmer mode comment !!!

Be safe

LAV

mtdawg169
09-05-12, 09:28
Aimpoint episode was great. Want gravy on your meatloaf? I was rolling dude... :lol:

Classic!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ThirdWatcher
09-07-12, 04:05
I laughed my @$$ off at the lunch lady gag! TacTV is one of the few programs I TiVo first runs and reruns of. Thanks Larry for being yourself.

BH321
09-30-12, 11:01
I watched the episode this morning.

LAV makes for a very scary looking lunch lady! I can picture the 5th graders running for the exits in complete terror! LOL :D

Nah, he is just like a big teddy bear... A big bearded teddy bear who happens to have multiple machine guns, suppressors, and sidearms hidden under the table. Yeah, I would probably run too.

In all seriousness, great episode LAV and I can't wait to see the next episode on your site. Also I found the interview with the Swedish police officer rather interesting and it just goes to show that bureaucrats suck pretty much everywhere.

Frailer
09-30-12, 11:51
I laughed my @$$ off at the lunch lady gag! TacTV is one of the few programs I TiVo first runs and reruns of. Thanks Larry for being yourself.

I absolutely agree.

It's very refreshing to see a show of this type where the host isn't afraid to be "real."

Mongo
12-11-12, 11:37
I liked the show on the long range shooting this season.

How about some extended range shooting with open sight belt fed gun, perhaps a 5.56mm one next season? On man sized steel?

My favorite shooting has become shooting long range on steel with burst From controllable LMGs.

SCULLY
12-26-12, 19:41
Just bought a premium membership and have watched a couple of vids so far, really enjoying the show Larry.

Thanks
Mike

brickboy240
01-29-13, 11:30
REALLY enjoyed the episode at the Mauser museum and the HK facility.

I have a rather extensive collection of Mauser variants and am a big Mauser bolt gun fan.

It was also interesting to see the Sturmgewehr 44 (spelling?) and the evolution into the more modern arms that are used today.

Glad to see episodes on firearms like this - more historic in nature.

-brickboy240

murphman
01-29-13, 16:06
REALLY enjoyed the episode at the Mauser museum and the HK facility.

I have a rather extensive collection of Mauser variants and am a big Mauser bolt gun fan.

It was also interesting to see the Sturmgewehr 44 (spelling?) and the evolution into the more modern arms that are used today.

Glad to see episodes on firearms like this - more historic in nature.

-brickboy240

Couldnt agree more, this episode is easly one of my favs.

The vast knowledge of these weapons systems you have Larry is mind boggling. I do not think there is another person that could explain the history, manufacturing and operations of these firearms the way you did.

Really wish my brother had the ability to watch these episodes over in Iraq. At least he will have plenty to watch when he comes back in April since I am DVRing these.

Larry Vickers
01-29-13, 17:05
Thanks guys for the nice comments - I was very pleased to see how that Mauser/HK episode turned out

Definately one of my favorites this season

kdcgrohl
01-30-13, 10:34
I would also like to compliment you on what has to be one of my favorite episodes to date. Damn fine work.

brickboy240
01-30-13, 11:50
Tac-TV has got to be one of the best...if not THE best firearm program on television.

The other programs are mostly long advertisements for Midway USA or some gun makers. I just cannot get into these programs that have instructors using XDs or Taurus pistols or (ugh) promoting bad ideas like the Judge.

Kudos to Mr. Vickers for showing us the real deal and having a serious program that is not only realistic but gives us a glimpse into history and development of REAL firearms that are proven and stays away from the toys, gimmicks and fads like zombies and silliness.

-brickboy240

parishioner
01-30-13, 17:27
I would also like to compliment you on what has to be one of my favorite episodes to date. Damn fine work.

Agreed. Thoroughly enjoyed this latest episode. This one along with the HK21 episode top my list of favorites.

Appreciate you and your team for producing these shows.

Surratt95
02-05-13, 11:37
HK/Mauser episode was awesome.... I love the history aspect of important firearms. Thanks

Mongo
04-11-13, 12:07
On your Tactical Impact WW2 subgun show Ken and yourself decided the MP40 was the best WW2 subgun. I think the MP40 is better than those you tested but have you ever tried the Beretta 38A? I like it a bit better and the Swedish K but sine that was 1945 and in a neutral country I can see why it was left out.

7.62WildBill
04-20-13, 11:17
Your show is fantastic, keep up the good work!

I have enjoyed the torture test episodes a great deal. If I may humbly offer a suggestion, I think putting an AK through the same tests as the AR would make for quite a show. My gut says you would need more than one AK to complete the tests. I think you could definitively end the AR vs. AK debate.

morbidbattlecry
04-20-13, 20:53
Its too bad they didn't let you play with a G11. I would have LOVED to see a table top review with that!

Tonyparson
07-11-13, 18:10
I just started watching Tac-TV and I do believe this is my new favorite TV show, good job Larry.

theblackknight
07-11-13, 21:22
The Glock round table segment with Hack and Super Dave was pretty awesome.

kest_01
07-11-13, 21:31
Haven't been able to watch any new episodes since PCS'ing to Deutschland, but a full review of the G11 would be the heat, always thought of the original ACR competitors that gun was the most innovative.

ThirdWatcher
07-17-13, 03:20
I thought I was the only guy that read Sergeant Rock comic books when I was a kid... I actually mowed lawns the earn the money to buy 'em.

xjustintimex
07-20-13, 21:52
In the newest episode about handgun defense. On your glock are you running a warren rear and an ameriglo idot front sight? Looks like a cool combo

acaixguard
09-04-13, 19:20
tac-tv.com been down since Friday?

themonk
09-04-13, 19:37
tac-tv.com been down since Friday?

Having the same issue

Stumpnav
09-05-13, 07:05
Same here.

TheAntihero
09-05-13, 08:47
Same problem.

txf15crewchief
09-05-13, 12:48
Same here. Generally, I like having access to things i pay for. I hope the issue is resolved quickly.

Larry Vickers
09-05-13, 16:04
Website is being worked on - it will be back up as soon as possible

txf15crewchief
09-05-13, 17:18

Excellent, thank you Mr. Vickers.

Matt O
09-05-13, 20:38

Thanks for the update.

FozziestBear
09-05-13, 22:21
Sure glad we figured this out... I was having withdrawal since I don't get the Sportsman channel. Another $10 to line Verizon's pockets or $10 directly to TAC-TV... seemed like a no brainer -- especially with my insane travel schedule.

TheAntihero
09-06-13, 01:06
Thank you Mr. Vickers.

bikerdog
09-06-13, 01:39
Just saw this thread and wanted to say TacTV is an awesome show. And you Are doing a great job with it. I never miss an episode.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Larry Vickers
09-06-13, 06:08
Thank for the comments - my crew is on top of this; the server is working on it to get it up ASAP

A site like Tac-TV.com is actually pretty complex so I can't say I'm surprised at this - just glad it hasn't happened before

Thanx for your patience

acaixguard
09-11-13, 19:12
tac-tv.com is back now :happy:

CWM11B
09-12-13, 19:08
And the 1911 episode I just watched is, alone, worth the subscription price. Best. Firearms. Show. EVER.

Maineshooter
09-22-13, 21:15
LAV - Any chance you will be making this channel available on ROKU? I just ditched my cable altogether last week and bought a few of these. It would be great to be able to watch the show on a high definition TV screen. My cable bill now zero and I only pay for high speed internet. I think this format is really catching on and is ripe for subscription paid content channels like yours.

I hadn't heart of ROKU until my wife stumbled across it. Many channels are free but we pay a reasonable price for Netflix, Hulu Plus and Vudo. The best part is that the content is all on demand for whenever you want to watch it and I am saving about $100 per month.

Larry Vickers
09-26-13, 15:24
I'll ask my director....

Maineshooter
09-26-13, 20:21
I'll ask my director....
Thanks. I think it would be a great way to watch the show.

Mongo
10-01-13, 00:27
Loved the Russian trip show tonight. I have always wanted to go to the tank museum there. Its a real shame that the US allows all the old armor to rust outside while Russia, England and France all have excellent and in some cases running collections of German WW2 armor.

The AN-94 sure looked like an infantry man's worse nightmare after it jammed. It was interesting that the barrel is in full recoil when it fires the second round of the 2 round burst.

The AEK-971 looked much more controllable than the AKM but the linkage to connect the forward moving gas piston to the rear moving bolt carrier looks like another area for issues in well worn military rifle.

As a general note, it seems they are still well behind the the rest of the world in rifle ergonomics. They still have not figured out straight line stocks, controls and putting decent accessory mounts on their weapons.

Can't wait for the second half, hoping you get some trigger time with the PP90.

yoni
10-01-13, 10:05
I really enjoyed the Russian show.

The Lt. Col reminded me of my sniper buddy Sasha that had immigrated to Israel from the former USSR.

Did you drink with any of them?

If you did it was most likely a huge mistake, I learned the hard way.

krisjon
10-08-13, 00:38
Great episode, LAV. The Arsenal minis were awesome.

NYH1
10-09-13, 00:21
Watched the show from Moscow, Russia last night. . . . .GREAT SHOW!

NYH1.

ThirdWatcher
10-11-13, 05:38
Larry, I'm really loving the episodes from Russia. Keep 'em coming!

SCULLY
10-13-13, 07:59
Where are you guys seeing the Russian episode, I have a premium membership and every time I log on to TACTV the latest episode is season 3 , episode 5 the "History of the 1911". What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Ryno12
10-13-13, 08:04
Where are you guys seeing the Russian episode, I have a premium membership and every time I log on to TACTV the latest episode is season 3 , episode 5 the "History of the 1911". What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

I watch it on Sportsman Channel.

Sent via Tapatalk

TheAntihero
10-14-13, 08:23

Thanks

Same for me. My understanding is that episodes are aired on TV a little before they get posted on the website. Gotta be patient. I hope this one episode comes soon.

morbidbattlecry
10-17-13, 16:36
Same for me. My understanding is that episodes are aired on TV a little before they get posted on the website. Gotta be patient. I hope this one episode comes soon.

It can take up to a week from air date to put up online. Usually monday of the next week.

Anyways i've been noticing some of the of the episodes online are getting shorter (about 25 minutes which is probably air length) Larry, i don't mind if you guys leave them longer. Even if some clips don't quite fit the episode. My Favorite episode so far was the Special forces handgun episode And that's like an hour long:D

TheAntihero
10-18-13, 02:47
Anyways i've been noticing some of the of the episodes online are getting shorter (about 25 minutes which is probably air length) Larry, i don't mind if you guys leave them longer. Even if some clips don't quite fit the episode. My Favorite episode so far was the Special forces handgun episode And that's like an hour long:D

I like the long episodes too. Especially the long table talks full of historical references. My favourite being the one with the 2nd gen submachineguns.

TylerD
10-28-13, 23:53
Mr. Vickers, just watched the show on concealed carry blocks and saw your prototype rear sight you're working on! I wanted this type of sight to run with a Trijicon HD front sight. Any idea when these will be available to the public?

brickboy240
10-29-13, 10:46
Last night's episode was great!

Looking forward to the Wilson Combat/Vickers rear Glock sight.

Also...any plans to "wring out" the G30S more and give us an extended test and evaluation of the G30S, like you did for the Walther PPQ?

-brickboy240

yoni
10-29-13, 21:08
I really liked last nights episode and liked the look of your new rear sight with the Trijicon HD front sight.

Mr Vickers, I think we are about around the same age and as a result we probable both need reading glasses. I don't know about you but this makes shooting a pistol a lot harder than it used to be.

Did you design your rear sight with this in mind?

I know I could get shooting glasses that are ground so I could see my sights. But I don't wear glasses all the time, and I am searching for a good solution to my problem.

sierra 223
10-30-13, 18:01
Yoni, I am almost 47 and have the same issue. Distant vision is as good as ever but pistol sight first went fuzzy and now even rifle.

I have not found a good answer, but my next pistol sight will be the HD.

Aimpoint took care of my rifle issue.

Would like to find a better solution to the pistol.

yoni
10-30-13, 19:51
I have been running a RMR, but would like to find a better answer to our problem

TylerD
10-31-13, 09:43
I have been running a RMR, but would like to find a better answer to our problem

Yoni, you didn't like the RMR set up? If now, why because I have been contemplating this. I had a set on Trijicon front and rear sights on a G35 and my biggest complaint was the width of the rear. I'm not a fan of the U notch and what the LAV had on his prototype sight looked more of a square notch like the 10-8. I feel I give up accuracy at distance and that's my issue with the Trijicon rear. I'm hoping if this sight makes it public then that will fix my issue.

yoni
10-31-13, 11:46
I have had zero problems with my RMR, however.

Mr. Vickers has said he has seen problems and as a result I am looking at what the options might be.

Mr. Vickers sees a lot more than I do so I would value his input.

BuzzinSATX
10-31-13, 15:16
Just wanted to throw in my $0.02 that I really look forward to the show every week. I DVR it and generally watch several times before deleting.

Enjoy most but really liked the Aimpoint factory show, as well as last weeks Glockfest shooting the different models.

Larry, you ran a very nice group shooting that G30S for the first time. I've been looking for one for a couple weeks now. Makes me want one even more...

Also especially like the shows with Ken Hackathorne and Dave Harrington, and it's always cool to see you at Gunsite, a favorite vacation destination for me and my daughter.

Thanks again for a great show, and thank you for your service to our great a Nation, from a fellow retired GI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

yoni
10-31-13, 16:44
I think I have 8 episodes saved.

TylerD
10-31-13, 18:58
I have had zero problems with my RMR, however.

Mr. Vickers has said he has seen problems and as a result I am looking at what the options might be.

Mr. Vickers sees a lot more than I do so I would value his input.

I understand. I shot a G19 with an RMR and it seemed to be quicker for me to track the red dot through the recoil cycle... Double taps.... Triple taps... All seemed really easy . could have been just my perception but it was quick for me to acquire especially from a draw. I found myself looking for the front sight from a draw though in all fairness.

dash1
11-05-13, 20:05
I just watched the Moscow part 4 episode. During the advanced drills, when the shooter was being distracted, did he purposely shoot into the ground at his own feet? Great episode, I really enjoyed all of the Moscow shows.

Larry Vickers
11-06-13, 02:51
Yes he intentionally fired a round into the ground so as to gain space and time to finish doing the math in his head in order to complete the problem - trust me it worked !!

I just ran this drill WITHOUT the people down range in a class with easier math problems that the Russians did ; everybody loved it

A student made a disparaging comment about Russian math skills - unfortunately for him he felt embarrassed when I told him the mathematical formula for the Stealth fighter was developed by a Russian ; lesson learned is don't ever fall into the trap of thinking the Russians are dumb people - big mistake !!!

ThirdWatcher
11-08-13, 03:27
It is naïve to underestimate the Russians. "Perfect is the enemy of good enough."

The Moscow episodes were the best ever.

murphman
11-08-13, 18:58
Hi Larry, after catching part 4 of the Moscow series and seeing the drills I just cant get enough. I have probably watch those drills 15-20 times but anyways. I noticed at the start of the first drill it looked like there was an image of a Strike One from Arsenal firearms. I am not 100 percent certain as the image only shows from the muzzle back maybe two inches. If this was indeed a Strike One, did you have the opportunity to shoot it? If not have you ever had the opportunity to shoot one and what are your thoughts on the Strike One if I may ask?

Thanks Larry,
Murph

Gahunter12
11-11-13, 21:10
Larry I really enjoyed the Veterans Day show tonight! I had the great honor to captain a boat for a Wounded Warrior Bass Tournament a few years back. Watching your show brought back memories of the brave men, and women I met that day. It brings tears to my eyes seeing those brave soldiers wounded in combat, and seeing what they go through everyday. Thanks for honoring our men, and women, and Thanks for your service to our country!

ForTehNguyen
11-12-13, 18:29
its been uploaded on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoR0lcQ6ICs

theblackknight
11-12-13, 20:05
Larry, thanks for putting some of the episodes on YT. Cable tv is garbage anymore and not worth the $$$

sent from mah gun,using my sights

SwatDawg15
11-12-13, 21:53
The WebSite is still on Russian Esp 1. Ive been waiting for the rest lol. I just read esp. 4 has done hit cable. I wish they updated the site a little quicker. Otherwise, excellant show.

RWH24
11-12-13, 22:38
Larry, Tac TV Veterans Day episode was just what I expected. Heart touching, gut jerking.
Thank You for a job well done from the Interview with Paul Buffoni @ BCM to the stories by
The Colonel and SSg. When the SSg was out in the field shooting his rifle, he turned his leg/
prosthesis around and use it for a rifle rest, I about busted a gut. Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!
Thank you for your service, sincerely. 30 years as a LEO allows me to have that brotherhood also.

murphman
11-28-13, 09:45
Larry, Tac TV Veterans Day episode was just what I expected. Heart touching, gut jerking.
Thank You for a job well done from the Interview with Paul Buffoni @ BCM to the stories by
The Colonel and SSg. When the SSg was out in the field shooting his rifle, he turned his leg/
prosthesis around and use it for a rifle rest, I about busted a gut. Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!
Thank you for your service, sincerely. 30 years as a LEO allows me to have that brotherhood also.

I DVR'd that episode to let my brother watch it, when he saw that he flipped!

dash1
12-10-13, 19:04
I really dig the iLAV episodes (international LAV).

Is the Strike One's magazine release ambidextrous and might it be a contributing factor to the seemingly hard press required to release the magazine? Is this something that shooters have to accustom themselves to, or does the design allow for after market products? Although it would seem like a long time before upgrades hit the market.

Did you get any air time with your Russian counterpart?

Heavy Metal
12-10-13, 20:20
Yes he intentionally fired a round into the ground so as to gain space and time to finish doing the math in his head in order to complete the problem - trust me it worked !!

I just ran this drill WITHOUT the people down range in a class with easier math problems that the Russians did ; everybody loved it

A student made a disparaging comment about Russian math skills - unfortunately for him he felt embarrassed when I told him the mathematical formula for the Stealth fighter was developed by a Russian ; lesson learned is don't ever fall into the trap of thinking the Russians are dumb people - big mistake !!!

And the 1st ICBM, the 1st artifical satellite and the 1st man in space.

Their oxygen-rich Russian RD-180 kerosene booster engine is so efficient and dependable our Atlas V rockets use them to loft our most of our critical National Defense and Science payloads. An oxy rich engine is hard to do because in that high temp and high O2 environment, the metal in the engine wants to burn-up, it basically eats itself up.

They have advanced metallurgy in those engines the US has yet to match developed by some serious scientific and engineering talent.

They are a very pragmatic people who can do astonishing things with limited resources.

ace4059
08-06-14, 07:55
When will tac tv start showing again on tv? I see it's listed for Mondays at 10pm but have yet to see it actually be on air.
Also do you what subscription you are on for tac tv website? Aka have all the prizes been given out?