PDA

View Full Version : Sports Lock Out

Gunfighter.45
07-01-11, 23:47
Don't know if you guys really give a shit about what's going on with NBA/NFL lock out? I really don't care my self. Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on this subject.

montanadave
07-02-11, 08:59
I love watching pro ball but a bunch of "got rocks" owners squabbling with overpaid and pampered players while the taxpayers in cities with team franchises foot the bill for playing venues makes me a little green at the gills.

But who am I to bitch? I watch 'em play and the money they're scrapping over is primarily the TV revenues.

Play ball, ya bastards!

R/Tdrvr
07-03-11, 17:02
Who cares? A bunch of overpaid, self centered douchenozzles (players and owners) whinning about needing more money because they can't afford their 5 homes and 10 cars. :rolleyes:

The people who need to boycott are the fans. I'd like to see how these assclowns would do if no one showed up to watch the games.

ForTehNguyen
07-03-11, 17:14
if they go through with a strike, its not gonna be the same afterwards. Like what happened to baseball after the mid 1990s, it wasnt the same. Looked like a bunch of gigantic overpaid crybabies

Palmguy
07-03-11, 17:17
I haven't heard anything about a strike occurring in either league.

VooDoo6Actual
07-03-11, 17:46
Could care less. Life goes on without those sports.

Love them all BUT the reality is what many have already written.

In the grand scheme of things regarding the world's issues and problems, sports teams & lockouts etc. are not even on my radar...

J-Dub
07-03-11, 18:48
I love sports. But honestly i hope we go without BOTH seasons. Then maybe people will realize life will go on without pro football and bball.

Plus, the only entertaining football is college anyway.

kwelz
07-03-11, 22:24
While I would be slightly annoyed at not having a good football season to watch my main concern is professional. My company owns 12 hotels in Indianapolis and this will have a huge impact on our 2012 year.

ForTehNguyen
07-03-11, 23:05
i dont get why they want to possibly lockout the NFL season. The team owners are gonna be pissed because they are gonna lose out on a ton of money if the season gets affected.

variablebinary
07-04-11, 02:43
Don't care.

Obsession with these team sports has made America dumber.

GermanSynergy
07-04-11, 11:52
Don't care.

Obsession with these team sports has made America dumber.

Agreed 100%.

Fretting over which goon tackles that goon is all some people know, however.

Bread & Circuses.

R Moran
07-04-11, 12:05
What is this "nba/nfl" you speak of?

Variable,

Agreed! It is the opiate of the masses, if I was a conspiracy theorist, I might suggest it was be design. But, probably more lucky happenstance.

Bob

theblackknight
07-04-11, 12:18
Gee, I'll play for free.

I dont really care. The sports I spectate are motocross, 3 gun, American Le mans series and Red Bull Air Race. Ive never heard of a lock out in any of these sports.

wes007
07-04-11, 13:33
I think this is a step in the right direction towards this thing called evolution. Even though Im an athlete and I love sports, in the grand scheme of things they're just there to keep us distracted from the bigger issues.

07-04-11, 14:16
College football is still on; that's all that matters to me.

platoonDaddy
07-04-11, 15:43
Sports, booze and fine "round-eyes" in the land of the big PX was my priority, now in the twilight of my life, I am more concerned about my grandchildren and the America they will live in.

How friggin sad that a study just released from Harvard University linking July 4 Parade Attendance to Voting Republican. Dang, America wake up before it is ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh tooooooo late. I hear my twilight peers talking about being 20 again, no friggin way would I want to be 20 in a country where over 50% are dependent on the government.

Lock-N-Load

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/slickville/DontThreadOnMe.jpg

J-Dub
07-05-11, 08:56
Also, who cares....its Tour time. Thats right Tour De France!!!

Palmguy
07-05-11, 09:00
I would say that an interest in sports to the point of obsession may be a symptom, not a cause, of lack of interest in "important" things.

Being a fan of professional sport(s) and understanding the issues that face our country and the world are hardly mutually exclusive.

jwfuhrman
07-05-11, 11:43
I pay more attention to Hockey than anything else with NFL coming in 2nd. Guess this means I just get to watch more hockey.

variablebinary
07-10-11, 16:46
If people spent as much time learning physics as they do memorizing player stats, America would be more advanced than anything in Blade Runner.

Thomas M-4
07-10-11, 17:17
If people spent as much time learning physics as they do memorizing player stats, America would be more advanced than anything in Blade Runner.

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-11, 05:57
There is some long forgotten quote from a Roman historian about the exuberant income of athletes compared to that of the average worker and something about that society’s ensuing collapse.

Overpaid degenerates. . .:bad:

GermanSynergy
07-11-11, 08:32
There is some long forgotten quote from a Roman historian about the exuberant income of athletes compared to that of the average worker and something about that society’s ensuing collapse.

Overpaid degenerates. . .:bad:

"'It is scarcely possible that the eyes of contemporaries should discover in the public felicity the latent causes of decay and corruption. This long peace, and the uniform government of the Romans, introduced a slow and secret poison into the vitals of the empire. The minds of men were gradually reduced to the same level, the fire of genius was extinguished, and even the military spirit evaporated.' Now that no one buys our votes, the public has long since cast off its cares; the people that once bestowed commands, consulships, legions and all else, now meddles no more and longs eagerly for just two things----Bread and Games!"

Juvenal

Moose-Knuckle
07-11-11, 23:29
"'It is scarcely possible that the eyes of contemporaries should discover in the public felicity the latent causes of decay and corruption. This long peace, and the uniform government of the Romans, introduced a slow and secret poison into the vitals of the empire. The minds of men were gradually reduced to the same level, the fire of genius was extinguished, and even the military spirit evaporated.' Now that no one buys our votes, the public has long since cast off its cares; the people that once bestowed commands, consulships, legions and all else, now meddles no more and longs eagerly for just two things----Bread and Games!"

Juvenal

Not quit sure that is it but it is damn good one none the less. Thanks, I'll be adding that one to my library.