PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MS2 & Range Mags

randyman_ar
07-02-11, 22:22
Anyone know who has MS2 sling and C Products 30 rnd mags in stock?
Also opinions on ASC mags that AIM is offering?

ForTehNguyen
07-02-11, 23:13
if youre looking for USGI mags, DSG Arms has a 10 pack of mags with magpul followers for $85. This weekend is free shipping too

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MA-02DSGB10A.aspx

msstate56
07-03-11, 05:23
With the price of top notch GI mags ~$10-11 (or less) why bother with craptastic mags? Unless you are trying to induce malfunctions, I guess. I would rather set up malfs with dummy rounds in good mags.

iCarbine
07-03-11, 18:46
Every place I've checked seem to have ETA's on MS2 slings in mid-July.

You'll probably have to pre-order unless you can find them locally. I live near a Quantico Tactical store that has them in stock.

duece71
07-03-11, 18:59
if youre looking for USGI mags, DSG Arms has a 10 pack of mags with magpul followers for $85. This weekend is free shipping too

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MA-02DSGB10A.aspx

I just pulled the trigger on one of these 10 packs. :)

swa0210
07-04-11, 21:44
With the price of top notch GI mags ~$10-11 (or less) why bother with craptastic mags? Unless you are trying to induce malfunctions, I guess. I would rather set up malfs with dummy rounds in good mags.

Which are the "craptastic mags"? The DSG, C products, ASC....?

Your post wasn't very descriptive, so forgive me for my ignorance.

msstate56
07-05-11, 03:16
Which are the "craptastic mags"? The DSG, C products, ASC....?

Your post wasn't very descriptive, so forgive me for my ignorance.

I was specifically talking about C products. I have had direct personal experience with the non-functionality of them. Many others have had the same experience. I can't comment on the other brands, as I haven't used them.

swa0210
07-05-11, 05:47
Noted. Thanks for the clarification. There seem to be plenty of choices, so yeah, if one is ever unreliable it does make sense to avoid them.

rob_s
07-05-11, 06:21
Crap-Products has changed their name to protect the guilty. We call this a clue. :suicide2:

There is a difference between "USGI-style magazines" and "USGI magazines". With the change to the new, tan follower in the issued magazines and the restrictions the military has put on manufacturers about these followers, you cannot actually buy current-issue USGI magazines. However, you can buy magazines from manufacturers who produce them for the government, you just have to settle for either the previous-generation green USGI followers or the Magpul upgrade. Examples of these would be NHMTG and Brownells.

As I've recently discovered, all else are suspect. They may be perfectly functional, but they are still "USGI-style", not "USGI". Splitting hairs? Perhaps, but you can't un-**** the prom queen and you can't unlearn the minutiae, and with what I now know I'm buying only NHMTG.

ra2bach
07-05-11, 13:01
Crap-Products has changed their name to protect the guilty. We call this a clue. :suicide2:

There is a difference between "USGI-style magazines" and "USGI magazines". With the change to the new, tan follower in the issued magazines and the restrictions the military has put on manufacturers about these followers, you cannot actually buy current-issue USGI magazines. However, you can buy magazines from manufacturers who produce them for the government, you just have to settle for either the previous-generation green USGI followers or the Magpul upgrade. Examples of these would be NHMTG and Brownells.

As I've recently discovered, all else are suspect. They may be perfectly functional, but they are still "USGI-style", not "USGI". Splitting hairs? Perhaps, but you can't un-**** the prom queen and you can't unlearn the minutiae, and with what I now know I'm buying only NHMTG.

Rob, the mags in the link posted above say they have "Flat Dark Earth, Gen III, anti-tilt follower from MAGPUL Industries".

are these not the same as what you're talking about?

devilsdeeds
07-05-11, 13:07
No, he is talking about the new tan follower that our military wasted money on designing instead of just using the Magpul ones.

rob_s
07-05-11, 13:10
No, he is talking about the new tan follower that our military wasted money on designing instead of just using the Magpul ones.

Correct.

mvician
07-05-11, 13:11
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/4177504666_461c833953.jpg