PDA

View Full Version : Santa Maria Gunsmith...

MJDGator
07-03-11, 01:22
Hey Guys, can anyone recommend a gunsmith out near Santa Maria CA? I have a friend who bought a used S&W 357 revolver and is having some issues with light strikes (resulting in failure to fire) on the primer about every 3rd shot or so. He states that he has tried several different brands of ammo. Currently, he is out of town visiting relatives so he was not sure of the exact model S&W. He did say it has a 7 round capacity.

Thanks

DJK
07-03-11, 05:53
One of the best S&W pistolsmiths in the country is not far from Santa Maria. Randy Smith @ Apex Tactical: http://www.apextactical.com/index.php is up in Los Osos. On this forum, Randy is mostly known for his M&P work, but he started out on S&W revolvers. He is backed up with revolver work right now, but hopefully he can help with your friends problem. There is always the factory too. :D

GermanSynergy
07-03-11, 06:13
I would suggest calling S&W's Customer Service dept.

I've dealt with them in the past and they went way out of their way to take care of me, and they issued a call tag for my gun, so shipping it via FEDEX was FREE.

Your friend may want to give them a jangle, you might just be pleasantly surprised.