PDA

View Full Version : First AR build

orion445
07-03-11, 14:34
New to the forum and just finished my first AR build. I have the ARM 71l flip up sights and found the LMT adjustable rear sight on sale for 59.00. Should I get the LMT sights?

ra2bach
07-03-11, 20:57
I'll tell you if you tell me should I get the 5 ton or 3.5 ton AC coil for my house?

orion445
07-03-11, 21:43
Wow sorry I asked. Point well taken just wanted some advice.

Toyoland66
07-03-11, 21:52
I think the point is: provide us with a little more info, then we can give better advice.

orion445
07-04-11, 00:15
I know a little about the AR only get to handle it once a year at work. Required to qualify with it for my job but I am kept inside and out of the gun towers due to my abilty to handle offenders. Decided to build and shoot on my own and should have taken more time to do more research about the sights.

Iraqgunz
07-04-11, 00:33
This isn't "Quiz Show". Please elaborate? Is the weapon you have the weapon you are using on duty? Are you saying that you have no experience with the AR?

I know a little about the AR only get to handle it once a year at work. Required to qualify with it for my job but I am kept inside and out of the gun towers due to my abilty to handle offenders. Decided to build and shoot on my own and should have taken more time to do more research about the sights.

orion445
07-04-11, 15:07
I work for the TX dept of criminal justice and the only experience that I have with the AR is once a year I have to qualify with it. You get 10 rounds and at 50 yds you have shoot all ten in the black of a silhouette. Even if you work in a picket(Gun tower) you probably never shoot it. So I have very little experience with I but I am willing to learn and am a quick study. Bought a bushmaster carbon 15 and was not satisfied with it and decided to build one. I am one of those guys who can do and build anything and don't have a problem seeking advice from those who know. No it is not a duty weapon I just love to shoot and it is for self defense.

Iraqgunz
07-04-11, 15:12
My suggestion would be get whatever sight you feel comfortable with. Then I would save some money and seek some quality training.

I work for the TX dept of criminal justice and the only experience that I have with the AR is once a year I have to qualify with it. You get 10 rounds and at 50 yds you have shoot all ten in the black of a silhouette. Even if you work in a picket(Gun tower) you probably never shoot it. So I have very little experience with I but I am willing to learn and am a quick study. Bought a bushmaster carbon 15 and was not satisfied with it and decided to build one. I am one of those guys who can do and build anything and don't have a problem seeking advice from those who know. No it is not a duty weapon I just love to shoot and it is for self defense.

orion445
07-04-11, 16:31
Looking for trng now, Nephew just got back from Iraq and will help in that regard until I get the trng. Was using the arms sights on the Carbon 15 but the new build has the A2 front sight so I just ordered the LMT today. Thanks for the advice will get trained soon.

wahoo95
07-04-11, 18:10
Thats an excellent price on that LMT rear sight if that's the sight you want to go with. I have one and it makes a great fixed rear sight if you want A2 adjustability.