PDA

View Full Version : What is it with the shortage of accessories?

Crow Hunter
07-03-11, 20:53
No one seems to have anything in stock anymore. Or if they do, they only have one or two.

I have 2 rifles that are set up the way I want them. I have 2 other rifles that I don't use but I wanted to have setup with slings, BUIS, and lights so all I would need to do is swap out the optics if something should happen to one of my other 2 rifles. I also want to get my M&P 22 set up to mimic these for training purposes.

Well I want to keep all this stuff the same. HAH! :shout:

I can't find a single place on the internet that has 3 BFG victory slings, 2 MI FSB mounts, 3 6P Surefires and 2 Classic Vltor Scout Mounts in stock. No one, not even Vltor has any of the Classic Scout Mounts in stock....

Well one place has 4 of the Scout mounts for the G2 lights. So I think, maybe I should just swap over to G2s they are lighter and cheaper anyway, well apparently Surefire is discontinuing both the 6P AND the G2. And no one has 5 G2's in stock.....

I assume they are replacing them with the 6PX and G2X. Fine, but there are no Vltor Scout Mounts to fit them at this time and that is they way I want to set up my rifles.

And being anal, I want all 5 of these rifle to use the same flashlight.

Well the Vltor offset mount will fit the G2X. I had kind of been thinking about getting DD free float rails. I know I don't need them but if I am going to get rails, I might as well get free float right? Well, out of morbid curiosity I thought, what would it cost me to outfit all 4 of my rifles with DD Omega rails? Who knows, no one has more than 1 in stock....:rolleyes:

Is there something going on out there that I don't know about?

Jellybean
07-03-11, 22:36
Yeah- apparently everyone and their uncle has gone bat shit crazy building ARs. You should try finding a Bolt Carrier Group...:mad:

And this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77752

BCmJUnKie
07-03-11, 22:43
How about buiilding a different set-up for different rifles. I cant help but notice pics of rifles on here that is the SAME EXACT THING. Its the SAME set-up with an inch shorter barrel. Wouldnt it make more sense to just have an upper to swap out?

I know how it is when you like a particular light, Trying other things usually work out pretty good. I guess it comes down to preference, but when I switch from the M4 to the SBR I want to be feeling a different rifle

I posted about BCG's in stock a week ago...I got some smart ass replies. They sold out that day

Crow Hunter
07-03-11, 22:56
How about buiilding a different set-up for different rifles. I cant help but notice pics of rifles on here that is the SAME EXACT THING. Its the SAME set-up with an inch shorter barrel. Wouldnt it make more sense to just have an upper to swap out?

I know how it is when you like a particular light, Trying other things usually work out pretty good. I guess it comes down to preference, but when I switch from the M4 to the SBR I want to be feeling a different rifle

I posted about BCG's in stock a week ago...I got some smart ass replies. They sold out that day

I'm totally opposite. I like all my stuff the same as much as possible. That is what is so aggravating. I can't find enough of any one thing to make them all the same.

I like having backups and backups to backups. Just so if something breaks, I don't have to try and work out something new and I can always scavenge parts off of the stuff that has stopped working.

I am just amazed that stuff is sold out EVERYWHERE. I guess the economy being band isn't affecting guns/supplies sales.

Just wondering if there was an Obama panic going on that I didn't know about.

Maybe I will just wait and hopefully Vltor will release a scout mount for the new X series and I'll just upgrade my 2 old rifles and use the old 6P's as car/truck lights.

SW-Shooter
07-03-11, 23:42
Dude, there's all kinds of parts out there. I see no ammo, parts, or firearm shortages in Texas. I see it posted, but in real life I'm not seeing it.

I think it's internet panic, all of the well known reputable dealers have ample supply, you just need to know where to look and who to talk to.:secret: