PDA

View Full Version : Best front sight base and or gas block for pinned and welded muzzle device?

jet80tv
07-03-11, 21:36
I have a perm. attached phantom 5c2, now I have a YHM 2 piece with 4 screws, was easy to line up and seems reliable but have yet to try the sling swivel on it. Anyone have any experience with these? I had torqued the screws dwn pretty good and had used purple(mild)loctite and though the screws did not back out under use they came out very easily one time when I removed the gas block to fudge with the handguard. I replaced the screws this time using a clear loctite and then the mild threadlocker arnd the screw heads hope it holds well....but anyway do I have any other reliable sturdy FSB options?

Todd.K
07-03-11, 23:21
You don't have any options for a hard use reliable gas block or front sight without cutting off you muzzle device. Those would be solid one piece and pinned to the barrel.

Best option is to sell it and get a quality 16" barrel until you know what you need/want, then consider a 14.5" with pinned muzzle device. Cut your losses and don't get married to gear that doesn't fit your needs.

urbanpioneer
07-03-11, 23:25
"Don't get married"

Excellent advice Todd

jet80tv
07-03-11, 23:28
Makes sense, thanks. Just thought I might be able to avoid the "cutting loss" part but maybe I'll put my current setup through the wringer and see how it holds up before I write it off because I really do like the barrel though not top dollar the YHM groups well.

Steve S.
07-03-11, 23:44
Ok well thanks for sharing your wealth of expertise and general opinions in this matter

Your thread has had 24 views at this time. Patience, grasshopper. It's the holiday weekend on a forum that cherishes it more then Christmas.

it's hard to beat any advice given by Todd.