PDA

View Full Version : The Andrew Fund....

Smuckatelli
07-05-11, 18:45
Mods, if this isn't okay, I have no issues with it being deleted.

STS got me thinking when he promised a 1911 to Gibson's son when he completed treatment.

Some of us are aware of Gibson's son fighting Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (1911 thread; 1911 and my boy). He will be in treatment one year this coming September. The total treatment time is about 3 years, two months long.

Many of you know that my son Tomas justed finished the treatment last November.

It is a helluva fight that these kids are fighting.

Something that really helped Tomas in the first year of treatment was that a couple members of the Wargamer Site took up collecting donations to get Tomas a train set.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=296668

They ended up collecting close to $2000.00, they purchased and shipped a complete train set to Tomas, they donated $500 to his LTN effort, sent babysitting money and tickets to a play in Fredericksburg for the wife and I to see.

Most of the members donated 5-25 dollars from all over the world, not a lot individually but it added up.

The effect on Tomas was unbelievable, he knew kids that died, he was losing hair, the steroids controlled him emotionally, and he would blow up to Pillsbury Dough Boy size once a month. He had hit a rut and I don't think that he could have felt worse than he did.

I'm thinking that since Andrew is motivated by shooting, maybe we could start up a collection and get him a M4 Carbine Net 1911.....

Anyone game?

ucrt
07-05-11, 19:53

I'd help, let me know what I can do?
What about a 100th Anniversary 1911 as an Ace Model?

bulbvivid
07-05-11, 20:20
I'd be in on that.

GermanSynergy
07-05-11, 20:35
I'm totally game.

SeriousStudent
07-05-11, 21:27
I'm in. Let me know what you guys want to do.

Smuckatelli
07-05-11, 21:43
I'll have a clearer target tomorrow, I'll stop by a local store and see what it would take to make this happen. I'm thinking get the pistol in my AO and do a FFL (?) transfer to a store near Gibson.

Our target should be delivery by Andrew's DX anniversary. As a parent SME to childhood cancer....(I can finally claim a SME title ;)) DX anniversary dates are tough for a parent. If Andrew can get his M4 Carbine Net 1911 on that day, his joy will completely destroy the sorrow of the day.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-05-11, 21:47
Im in, could happen to anyone of us tomarrow just let me know what to do.

ryan
07-05-11, 21:58
Count me in.

parishioner
07-05-11, 22:42
I'm in. Already have an envelope with his name on it. That's a great thread going on over in the 1911 forum.

I vote Springfield Pro. ;)

Smuckatelli
07-06-11, 12:09
All,

I talked to Robb Jenson, he will be the pointman for receiving Andrew 1911 Funds. He will be posting the address tonight. I also just got unofficial word that Grant is willing to help.

Here's a Childhood Cancer video to give you an idea what these young warriors go through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGS4yE5v9rM

13F3OL7
07-06-11, 14:20
Count me in as well.

SteveL
07-06-11, 14:22
I second the vote for the Springfield PRO.

Standing by for the address.

Icculus
07-06-11, 16:13
Count me in.

Smuckatelli
07-07-11, 10:33
All;

If you would like to participate in this fund raising event for Andrew (13 year old) that is fighting leukemia, please send a check or money order to:

Robb Jensen
9760 Center Street
Manassass, VA 20110-4127

Please make the check or money order out to Robb Jensen. It would be great if our community could have the 1911 in Andrew's hands on 22 September, this is the one year mark of his diagnosis. He still has 2 years and some odd months left in treatment. Daily chemo, should be about 12-15 more spinal taps.........

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call Robb at:

robbjensen@comcast.net
703-368-3949 ext 4 (or 11)

My info is:

pnichols63@verizon.net
571-435-2945 (24/7)

I understand that funds are tight, prayers are free:smile:

Andrew reads the '1911 and my boy' thread in the 1911 forum, words of encouragement to him would also be helpful.

So far we have raised $120.00 towards the pistol.

($220 now, I dropped in $100 too! Later Robb)

S/F

Paul

Edited via Robb Jensen

GermanSynergy
07-07-11, 14:33
I plan on swinging by Virginia Arms on Saturday with a donation for Andrew.

Irish
07-07-11, 14:57
Count me in either way but it would be a lot easier if there was a way we could make an online donation using a credit card like we did for Tomas' fundraiser. If that were available today I'd punch it out in the next 8 seconds... Mailing money, check, etc will be on the back burner just due to work, convenience and finding a frickin' envelope & stamp.

If this can't happen let me know and I'll make my yearly trek to the stickin' post office. Best of luck!

Robb Jensen
07-07-11, 16:08
I plan on swinging by Virginia Arms on Saturday with a donation for Andrew.

Be sure to give it to Bernie or Brett. Thanks, Robb

GermanSynergy
07-07-11, 16:28
Be sure to give it to Bernie or Brett. Thanks, Robb

No sweat.

bulbvivid
07-07-11, 16:31
Count me in either way but it would be a lot easier if there was a way we could make an online donation using a credit card like we did for Tomas' fundraiser. If that were available today I'd punch it out in the next 8 seconds... Mailing money, check, etc will be on the back burner just due to work, convenience and finding a frickin' envelope & stamp.

If this can't happen let me know and I'll make my yearly trek to the stickin' post office. Best of luck!

Yes, an electronic option would be best if available and would likely make it easier for many people, which would help raise more funds.

Smuckatelli
07-07-11, 17:57
I hear and agree about the electronic transfers. We have a clinic run with tomas tomorrow, I'll stop by Navy Federal on Monday and see if there is anything that I can do. My guess-ta-mate is probably not.

Worse case, my next payday is during the first week of September. If you guys want to wait until then, contribute to Tomas' LTN and I'll match it for this effort. I know it sounds stupid but I'm left handed, part Polish, and a retired Infantryman....it all makes sense to me:confused:

SteveL
07-08-11, 17:33
A simple Paypal account would be all that's needed for an electronic transfer. The person on the sending end would just have to check the box that the money is being sent as a gift and Paypal wouldn't even deduct any fees.

Icculus
07-08-11, 23:52
A simple Paypal account would be all that's needed

Maybe. M4arc might be able to shed a little more light but I think he had serious problems using paypal to collect money for the gentleman and his wife (sorry I don't remember their names) who were involved in a motorcycle accident recently.

Smuckatelli
07-10-11, 16:28
I'm not up to speed on paypal. I'll check at Navy Federal tomorrow and see if there is anything that I can do.

SteveL
07-10-11, 20:22
Maybe. M4arc might be able to shed a little more light but I think he had serious problems using paypal to collect money for the gentleman and his wife (sorry I don't remember their names) who were involved in a motorcycle accident recently.

I'd be curious to know more about this. I know that if you have one set up for certain charitable reasons (a Church for example) that Paypal deducts fees. However, I know from experience with my personal account that if you send someone money and use check the gift box that it goes through without fees coming out.

I know this isn't necessarily what you're talking about. I guess it might be considered shady by Paypal to use a personal account to collect money for such a reason. Maybe that was the problem?

Icculus
07-10-11, 21:23
Yeah I don't know all the details but here's the thread where it came up

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81401

And my mistake, it was SHIVAN not M4arc. Who knows, it may have been because it was a raffle? Anyway, Smuckatelli I'll try and get by the post office tomorrow and send a small check to Robb.

Smuckatelli
07-11-11, 11:49
did anyone get a chance to send in a donation over the weekend?

GermanSynergy
07-11-11, 12:19

I got caught up on Saturday but mailed my check in to Robb.

bulbvivid
07-11-11, 14:07

Still hoping for a way to pay online. If not, I'll have to hope for time to get to the PO.

Is a money order from a bank okay, or does it have to be from the PO?

Smuckatelli
07-11-11, 14:22
Still hoping for a way to pay online. If not, I'll have to hope for time to get to the PO.

Is a money order from a bank okay, or does it have to be from the PO?

I imagine that a money order from the bank is good to go, we need Robb to confirm this.

parishioner
07-12-11, 17:32

I sent Robb a slide to have some sights installed today and included a donation to the fund.

I really hope this works out and the little fighter gets a fighting 1911.

Smuckatelli
07-12-11, 20:19
I sent Robb a slide to have some sights installed today and included a donation to the fund.

I really hope this works out and the little fighter gets a fighting 1911.

Thanks, it is greatly appreciated.

Brad519
07-12-11, 22:04
Haven't posted here in a while but I ran across this thread and the 1911 thread and I knew I had to send a check. Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving so money is a little tight but I hope my check can help out in making this happen. Dropping it in the mail in the AM.

Smuckatelli
07-14-11, 08:10
Brad,

Your check will help more than many of us realize. It would be realatively easy to get a 1911 for Andy from one or two people here. When many of us contribute towards Andy's one year anniversary gift, it will mean a lot more to him.

I know this is true from my son's perspective. He valued smaller contributions as much as larger contributions because that told him that more people care about his efforts than one or two well off people.

Thank you for the check, it helps very much.

Robb Jensen
07-14-11, 13:29
Any MO or a check is fine, if it bounces you'll hear about it. ;)

Smuckatelli
07-14-11, 15:44
We are at $290.00 towards the 1911. We have about two months away from getting it into Andy's hands.

Outstanding effort everyone, it is greatly appreciated.

SeriousStudent
07-14-11, 23:33
Payday's tomorrow, I'll put a check in the mail to Robb this weekend.

Any MO or a check is fine, if it bounces you'll hear about it. ;)

Geez, between you and Smuckatelli, that would be a serious miscalculation. I'd not want to piss off the Northern Virginia Marksmanship Society! :D

And then Andy would hunt them down and kick their ass, too!

Icculus
07-15-11, 14:27
Anyway, Smuckatelli I'll try and get by the post office tomorrow and send a small check to Robb.

Well I never made it to the PO the other day but I just put a money order in the mail to Robb. Not much but I hope it helps.

Smuckatelli
07-15-11, 22:52
All;

I'm doing a cut & paste of a PM from Gibson (Jay).

"Hi friend!

Trusting all is well.

You must have a minimum number of posts to post in the area where you have "The Andrew Fund" thread. My post count does not meet the required number. I was just hoping that you would drop the guys a line expressing my families gratitude.

We are indeed exceedingly grateful for the prayers and the donations.

Jay, Andrew, Joanna, Clay, Alex, Lexie "

I 'bolded' the message to all of us.

S/F

Smuckatelli
07-16-11, 15:59
Well I never made it to the PO the other day but I just put a money order in the mail to Robb. Not much but I hope it helps.

It does help. With these kids fighting cancer, the more people helping to get his pistol the better. Four or five people contributing large donations is nice but 30 to 40 giving what they can shows a lot more people backing up Andy. ;)

Smuckatelli
07-21-11, 09:33
Bump.

Smuckatelli
07-22-11, 22:47
I talked to Robb today, we are sitting at $315.00, just under two months before we have to have it in Andy's hands for his one year DX anniversary.

Keep the donations coming guys.

ryan
07-23-11, 07:59
Back to the top, I sent mine. I would love to see a MC Operator in Andy's hands.

Smuckatelli
07-27-11, 21:07
Guys, it's looking good. We have been having a steady stream of donations for Andy's 1911.

We are at $440.00. :)

ryan
07-27-11, 21:32
Outstanding guys!!!

Smuckatelli
07-29-11, 00:08
Need to do a bump.

ryan
07-29-11, 23:11
How are we doin Smuck?

SteveL
07-31-11, 11:56
I've been a slacker, but I'll definitely get a check out this week.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-31-11, 12:42
How is Andy doing?

Smuckatelli
07-31-11, 12:52
How is Andy doing?

He hasn't posted in the other thread, my guess is that he still feels like crap. He should be going into long term maintenance pretty soon, when he does he'll start feeling much better.

Safetyhit
07-31-11, 18:57
I'm not up to speed on paypal. I'll check at Navy Federal tomorrow and see if there is anything that I can do.

Paypal is an extremely efficient way to transfer money are requires little effort to enable. Have an email address and either checking acct or credit/debit card and you're good to go in minutes. I'm just reading this thread for the first time and would send some immediately if I could.

But obviously sending a check isn't too hard either, just food for thought.

Smuckatelli
08-01-11, 11:12
Paypal is an extremely efficient way to transfer money are requires little effort to enable. Have an email address and either checking acct or credit/debit card and you're good to go in minutes. I'm just reading this thread for the first time and would send some immediately if I could.

I trust your judgement, so ya gotta Barney Style it for me so that I don't screw this up. ;)

From looking at Paypal, it appears that funds could be sent to my account by using my email address, is that right?

Once it is in my Paypal account, I can switch it over to my bank account, is that right?

If the above two questions are yes, my email address on my Paypal account is:

pnichols63@verizon.net

I can physically hand the money to Robb, Virginia Arms is very close to my work.

ucrt
08-01-11, 12:26

There is a problem with PayPal. I remember SHIVAN had a problem with a Fund Raising Raffle in this THREAD. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81401&highlight=raffle)

I don't have time to reread it right now but there was a problem.

Icculus
08-01-11, 12:43

There is a problem with PayPal. I remember SHIVAN had a problem with a Fund Raising Raffle in this THREAD. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81401&highlight=raffle)

I don't have time to reread it right now but there was a problem.

Yeah I linked to that one a page back. I'm don't know if the problem was with raffle part of it or if it was just the collecting money/fund raising in general.

Also Smuckatelli you might consider that if you accept via paypal people must use the gift option; if the money isn't sent as gift (option meaning the payer/donator pays the additional 3%) then I think you'll get saddled with a 3% hit when you transfer to your own bank account. You could leave the money in the paypal account without the penalty but unfortunately I don't know too many (read any) 1911 vendors that accept paypal.

Smuckatelli
08-01-11, 13:25
Also Smuckatelli you might consider that if you accept via paypal people must use the gift option; if the money isn't sent as gift (option meaning the payer/donator pays the additional 3%) then I think you'll get saddled with a 3% hit when you transfer to your own bank account. You could leave the money in the paypal account without the penalty but unfortunately I don't know too many (read any) 1911 vendors that accept paypal.

I saw that link on the first page, at the time I wasn't sweating too much, we had almost two months to get it in Andy's hands.

I'll eat the 3%..:)

Smuckatelli
08-01-11, 16:30
Paypal to my email address is working.

@RS, donation recieved.

My Paypal email address is:

pnichols63@verizon.net

ryan
08-01-11, 17:01
Paypal to my email address is working.

@RS, donation recieved.

pnichols63@verizon.net

Good glad to hear it, not much but more to come.

Smuckatelli
08-01-11, 17:08
@ JW, donation received.

pnichols63@verizon.net

Smuckatelli
08-03-11, 18:07
Bump ;)

bulbvivid
08-03-11, 18:24
Bump ;)

Robb,

Can you confer with the other site staff and see if this can get stickied at the top of the forums so it doesn't have to get bumped?

Smuckatelli
08-03-11, 19:39
@ NF, donation received.

I'll call Robb tomorrow, I think we are sitting at or above $600 USD.

If anyone else wants to use Paypal, my account email is:

Pnichols63@verizon.net

S/F
Paul

Smuckatelli
08-04-11, 16:50
I talked to Robb about 30 minutes ago. He has $505.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $150.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $655.00 towards Andy's 1911.

I would like to secure donations by 9 September so that Robb has enough time to get the 1911 shipped to Andy by the one year DX anniversary on the 22nd.

Checks & money orders:

Robb Jensen
9760 Center Street
Manassass, VA 20110-4127

Please make the check or money order out to Robb Jensen.

My PayPal account email:

pnichols63@verizon.net

Please keep Andy and his family in your prayers.

Smuckatelli
08-04-11, 17:18
@ JT, donation received.

pnichols63@verizon.net

ryan
08-04-11, 17:26
UPDATE

I talked to Robb today. He has $505.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $200.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $705.00 towards Andy's 1911.

:D $730

SteveL
08-04-11, 17:55
Donation sent to your Paypal account. Thanks for providing this option.

Smuckatelli
08-04-11, 18:19
@ ML, donation received.

pnichols63@verizon.net

Smuckatelli
08-04-11, 18:20
UPDATE

I talked to Robb today. He has $505.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $200.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $705.00 towards Andy's 1911.

Smuckatelli
08-04-11, 18:45
@ RS, donation received.

Yes, you are correct.......we have $730 towards Andy's 1911.:D

pnichols63@verizon.net

Icculus
08-05-11, 22:42
I may have missed it bit was it decided what 1911 we're hoping to get? Or has Andy expressed any kind of preference? Are we trying for like a maybe RO or Ruger, something more like a TRP, or somewhere in-between?

Smuckatelli
08-05-11, 22:54
Bump :)

SeriousStudent
08-06-11, 08:42
I learned decades ago never to argue with a Gunny's decision. Let's let Robb pick the pistol. ;)

And I really appreciate all his help with this project!

ETA: That was freaky, my post preceded Smuckatelli's.

Smuckatelli
08-06-11, 09:26
I may have missed it bit was it decided what 1911 we're hoping to get? Or has Andy expressed any kind of preference? Are we trying for like a maybe RO or Ruger, something more like a TRP, or somewhere in-between?

Andy hasn't expressed a preference. With that in mind, it depends on how much we have raised by the 9th.

We could do a vote but I think this would really slow the process down.

I would like to have Robb decide which 1911 will be Andy's. Although I'm a retired Infantry Gunny with thousands of rounds down range.......

I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to selecting a good 1911.

Unless multiple people object to it, Robb's got the call. ;)

Smuckatelli
08-06-11, 10:04
ETA: That was freaky, my post preceded Smuckatelli's.

I haven't been able to figure that out either...must be Random Anti-terrorism Measures (RAM) :jester:

Smuckatelli
08-07-11, 21:05
Okay, the weekend is over, anyone have some beer money left over? :)

Checks & money orders:

Robb Jensen
9760 Center Street
Manassass, VA 20110-4127

My PayPal account email:

pnichols63@verizon.net

montanadave
08-07-11, 21:15
I'll have a check inbound with tomorrow's post.

Smuckatelli
08-07-11, 22:21
I'll have a check inbound with tomorrow's post.

Thank you, it is very much appreciated.

SeriousStudent
08-07-11, 23:02
Okay, the weekend is over, anyone have some beer money left over? :)

Funny you should mention that. I spent the weekend eating ramen noodles, and shooing away women of dubious virtue. As a result of my admittedly rare good behavior, I have several nickels left over.

Check your Paypal account, Gunny. I sent it as a gift, so you would not have to eat the 3 percent.

I also sent a check to Robb a couple of weeks ago, he should have already got that.

Good things are coming soon, Andy! :)

Smuckatelli
08-08-11, 08:16
@ Serious Student, donation received.

We have $770 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

All;

It's great to see us as a community pitching in and getting Andy his 1911.

Evil Bert
08-08-11, 12:56
I am in the middle of scrounging money to buy my own 1911 (Kimber Ultra TLE II) and I will donate out of that fund to help out.

Smuckatelli
08-08-11, 15:30
@ DG, donation received.

We have $810 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

SeriousStudent
08-09-11, 22:52
Friendly bump.

We are getting really close, folks. A couple more donations would give us about a grand, which really ups the choices for a fine pistol.

I've got some Chip McCormick mags ordered, and will ship them to Andy with some ammo when they get to me.

Smuckatelli
08-10-11, 23:18
@ AA, donation received.

We have $860 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

Smuckatelli
08-11-11, 23:20
@Everyone;

I'd like to hit $1,200.00 by the 20th if possible, no good reason, just throwing a target out there. :D

Close out date for donations is 9 September. By that time Andy should be in Long Term Maintenance; once a month visits.

I won't go into too much detail but Andy's fight won't be over until at least 4 years from now. By that time he should be competing with his M4 Carbine.Net Pistol.:)

Checks & money orders:

Robb Jensen
9760 Center Street
Manassass, VA 20110-4127

My PayPal account email:

pnichols63@verizon.net

SeriousStudent
08-14-11, 00:04
I told a friend about Andy tonight, and he's going to see what he can send.

I'm also talking to all the shooters at work, and I'll see if we can get some money flowing from that direction.

Andy's on the long-term prayer list at my church, so he's got a team of pretty fierce old ladies on his side as well. They don't just make deviled eggs, they do lots of good things. :)

Smuckatelli
08-14-11, 10:21
@ RS, donation received.

We have $885 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

I'll check with Robb tomorrow and see if we had anymore checks show up since last week.

ryan
08-14-11, 10:25
@ RS, donation received.

We have $885 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

I'll check with Robb tomorrow and see if we had anymore checks show up since last week.

A little along :D

Smuckatelli
08-16-11, 10:06
I talked to Robb today. He has $585.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $380.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $965.00 towards Andy's 1911.

ryan
08-16-11, 10:50
I talked to Robb today. He has $585.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $380.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $965.00 towards Andy's 1911.

I have $25 towards hitting $1000 today, I think it is an easily attained goal with a little help.

Smuckatelli
08-19-11, 14:58
Sorry for the delay everyone :)

@ RS & FC, donations received.

We have $1010.00 towards Andy's 1911.

pnichols63@verizon.net

Smuckatelli
08-19-11, 22:11
Hey guys, if you can spare a few dollars....we need some more luvin :)

Smuckatelli
08-22-11, 09:35
Last week members of the community pitched in beer money that wasn't spent from the weekend.

This week we are looking at ammo funds that were saved by purchasing cheap ammo. If you can swing some of that saved money towards Andy's 1911, it would be greatly appreciated.

We have $1010.00 towards Andy's 1911.

Checks & money orders:

Robb Jensen
9760 Center Street
Manassass, VA 20110-4127

My PayPal account email:

pnichols63@verizon.net

Smuckatelli
08-22-11, 11:43
Did anyone send a check to Robb this past week?

ryan
08-22-11, 11:59

I mailed one awhile back, the rest went to you. If the 1911 Andy gets is anything like a Springfield Loaded (Ambi Safety, no rail etc), I will throw in a kydex holster.

parishioner
08-22-11, 14:11

I did on the 18th. I saw you updated the total on the 19th and as of today, the total is the same. I hope it got there.

montanadave
08-22-11, 14:11
I mailed Robb a check back on August 6 but it has not cleared my account.

Smuckatelli
08-23-11, 10:40
I talked to Robb today. He has $610.00 worth donations in checks.

I have $425.00 worth of donations via Pay Pal.

So, we have $1035.00 towards Andy's 1911.

We have enough for a Springfield loaded...night sites, ambi and all that other stuff plus 4-5 Wilson magazines.

The next bump in 1911 arrives at the 1200-1300 mark.

Can anyone help get us to the 1300 mark? I'll pitch in some more when I turn over the paypal money to Robb.

Smuckatelli
08-27-11, 16:36
Bump.

Smuckatelli
08-30-11, 08:40
Andy posted a video on the other thread, it probably should be here also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGiBPZHLrs

Smuckatelli
09-03-11, 14:12
All, we will be securing the fund raising this Thursday. I'll drop of the paypal donations ($425.00) with Robb at that time. I transferred the funds from my Paypal to my checking account without fees.

If you want to give some more funds, please use the Paypal until Wednesday night.

Thanks.

Smuckatelli
09-05-11, 12:48
@ BG, donation received.

Last that I checked with Robb, he had $610.00 in checks & cash donations.

I have $500.00 from Paypal donations.

Total is $1,110.00 towards Andy's 1911.

I'll be closing out the Paypal tonight and dropping off the cash with Robb tomorrow.

Outstand effort from the community!

Smuckatelli
09-06-11, 11:24
All:

I stopped by Virginia Arms and turned over the PayPal funds ($475.00), combined with the checks and money donated....the attached picture is Andy's.

Full size Colt 1911, ambi...Series 80. 5 Wilson magazines.

I talked to the Gibson's FFL yesterday, he is faxing his license to Virginia Arms so it should be shipped in a day or two.

Andy will have it in his hands by the 22nd, his one year anniversary of starting chemo. He still has a little over 2 years worth of chemo...but he'll have his own M4 Carbine Net Colt 1911 to help make it through the chemo.

I'm extremely proud to be part of this community, you guys rock.

Semper Fidelis!

Icculus
09-06-11, 11:35
Well done Smuckatelli. Thanks to you and Robb for taking the lead on this.

parishioner
09-06-11, 11:51

Agreed. Nice job all around guys.

ryan
09-06-11, 12:17
Paul, I guess I should get crackin on the Kydex? Or does Andy have a holster?

bulbvivid
09-06-11, 12:48
Awesome. Great job, folks.

Smuckatelli
09-06-11, 14:42
Paul, I guess I should get crackin on the Kydex? Or does Andy have a holster?

To the best of my knowledge, he does not have a holster. I recommend waiting until he has 500 rounds down range.

My recommendation is based of off nothing....just giving Andy another milestone. ;)

Smuckatelli
09-06-11, 14:43

Appreciate well done but keep in mind, Robb & I were the gophers. The community is what made this happen.

BTW, the phone picture doesn't do it justice......I'm a little jealous.

ryan
09-06-11, 15:57
To the best of my knowledge, he does not have a holster. I recommend waiting until he has 500 rounds down range.

My recommendation is based of off nothing....just giving Andy another milestone. ;)

Gotcha, I will get it done as soon as I can and ship it to you. Ive been so busy lately I haven't had time to keep up like I should.

montanadave
09-06-11, 16:47

Seconded (or thirded, I didn't count). Looks like a beautiful pistol and a gift that is certain to lift Andy's spirits every time he handles it.

ICANHITHIMMAN
09-06-11, 19:31
Dang that is nice glad you guys picked that pistol for him. If I had to do the picking who knows what I would have gotten.

Smuckatelli
09-06-11, 19:56
Me thinks I'll let Robb pick out my next Pistol.....;)

Side note, a helluva day for me, it was 4 years ago that my son Tomas was diagnosed with what Andy is fighting now. Being involved in brightening up a young warrior while he is think in the fight...no better way to spend this anniversary.

ryan
09-06-11, 20:02
I admit Im jealous of a Colt as a first pistol :D. You did a great thing Paul, as did everyone who contributed. I wish I had been able to help with Tomas in some small way.

The prayers are still going from my heart to God's ears Andy, enjoy.

SeriousStudent
09-06-11, 21:00
That's an awesome pistol. :D

A very large tip of the hat to all that helped, especially Paul and Robb!

Smuckatelli
09-06-11, 21:08
I wish I had been able to help with Tomas in some small way.

Ryan, Tomas has been tracking the progress of Andy's 1911. The 'community' pitching in to help one of his fellow cancer warrior made him very happy.

I showed the picture of Andy's 1911 to him tonight right before he went to sleep. Tomas fought the fight and won as Andy will

These kids that are fighting or have fought cancer grow up pretty quickly.

ryan
09-06-11, 21:15
Ryan, Tomas has been tracking the progress of Andy's 1911. The 'community' pitching in to help one of his fellow cancer warrior made him very happy.

I showed the picture of Andy's 1911 to him tonight right before he went to sleep. Tomas fought the fight and won as Andy will

These kids that are fighting or have fought cancer grow up pretty quickly.

They must, I couldnt imagine growing up knowing I wasn't invincible. I bet it makes for very strong men.

Smuckatelli
09-15-11, 23:57
Andy received the 1911 last /teusday,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKgG4ZHw-q8

ICANHITHIMMAN
09-16-11, 11:17
Glad to see he has it the mom on the camera was funny. Now we need a video of him shooting it. He looks like he was having a good day:D