PDA

View Full Version : Trident Concepts; Allentown, PA April 2008

Ron Flowers
10-22-07, 16:01
The Allentown Police Department will be hosting Trident Concepts, LLC, for a three-day Advanced Combative Pistol class, at the Allentown Police Academy, April 7-9, 2008.

Trident Concepts is one of the most respected tactical firearms/operations training entities in the United States, with an instructor cadre from the ranks of Naval Special Warfare; SEAL. (NAVSPECWAR).

The cost of the training is $550 per person, is restricted to active duty law enforcement or military personnel only, and all registrations will be handled via Trident Concepts. Please visit their website at … www.tridentconcepts.com Application can be made via the “APPLY NOW” link and filling in this course information. A 50% deposit is required no later than Jan 7th, 2008, with full payment due March 7th, 2008.

Please see below for additional information:

“The ACP (Advanced Combative Pistol) is an intensive 3-day course that will develop the combative fundamentals with the service pistol to support movement. It is structured with extended range sessions and high repetitions to strengthen proper technique and broaden conditioned response. Graded evolutions throughout the course provide instant feedback to the student on skill development and overall ability. A large majority of this course is performed while moving either aggressing a target or moving towards cover or similar concepts. The linear progressive training exercises build upon solid basics in order to progress to more advanced skills which demand ability from the student.”

“Basic Gear List:

Tactical Pistol (weapon mounted light optional)
2,500 rounds of pistol ammunition
5 pistol magazines (8 for single stack pistols)
5 inert rounds (No A-Zooms)
Training uniform with Ball Cap
1st line gear (duty belt, holster, magazines, flashlight, dump pouches)
handheld flashlight
clear eye and ear protection
hydration system and energy snacks
weapons cleaning kit and quality lubrication

Any questions you may contact Jeff Gonzales, Training Director for Trident Concepts, at jgonzales@tridentconcepts.com 928-925-7038. Registrations limited to first come/first serve.”

Lt. Ron Flowers, Jr.

Allentown Police Academy

2110 Park Drive

Allentown, PA 18103

"You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them." M. Forbes

Ron Flowers
10-23-07, 11:39
If some of you have not heard of Trident Concepts, they are one of the highly regarded training companies in the CONUS. I have trained with them three times now, and never been dissapointed. High standards are asked of the students, but the linear training gets most of us there...

Look forward to some of you coming.

Hawkeye
10-23-07, 13:24
2500 rounds for this class..... Hmmmm.

Having done Jeff's Combative Pistol I class, I'd suggest taking and extra couple of hundred rounds. :D

NCPatrolAR
10-23-07, 14:46
I see Jeff still runs super high round classes. I picked up a few things when I did his SOM-Pistol and SHO-Pistol courses a few years ago though.

Ron Flowers
10-27-07, 08:53
2500 rounds for this class..... Hmmmm.

Having done Jeff's Combative Pistol I class, I'd suggest taking and extra couple of hundred rounds. :D

I would consider that good advice... :)

Jay Cunningham
10-27-07, 09:29
I wish I could attend; alas, I am a lowly civilian.

;)

rhino
10-28-07, 05:28
Could someone who has attended a previous class (or otherwise understands), what educational objectives are satisfied by firing 2500 rounds in three days?

Ron Flowers
10-28-07, 07:31
Could someone who has attended a previous class (or otherwise understands), what educational objectives are satisfied by firing 2500 rounds in three days?

two words....muscle memory. Unless, of course, you mean that in an academic sense, in which case, not much.

It's not an instructor school....it's to teach a basic skill and ingrain it in one's performance subconscience...

And, Tricon classes do a good job of "ingraining."

Hawkeye
10-28-07, 07:44
I wish I could attend; alas, I am a lowly civilian.

;)

Is Jeff doing this as a closed class??

Hawkeye
10-28-07, 07:49

two words....muscle memory. Unless, of course, you mean that in an academic sense, in which case, not much.

It's not an instructor school....it's to teach a basic skill and ingrain it in one's performance subconscience...

And, Tricon classes do a good job of "ingraining."

See : Autonomic Response.

Jeff does some very repetetive drills. Good skill building drills, but very repetetive.

Jay Cunningham
10-28-07, 08:10
Is Jeff doing this as a closed class??

The cost of the training is $550 per person, is restricted to active duty law enforcement or military personnel only, and all registrations will be handled via Trident Concepts.

Hawkeye
10-28-07, 08:12
I read that three times looking for that very line, and missed it every time. Time for another cup of coffee. :rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
10-28-07, 08:24
You picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/473292408_f4b8fbfde3.jpg

Ron Flowers
11-12-07, 05:26
Registrations are coming in....look forward to meeting amyone from here who can attend. Make sure you intrduce yourself as an M4 guy...

Ron