MI rail, MI sling swivel, TG VFG, Vltor rail covers
Surefire E2D w/ Vltor mount
Vlor Modstock
Ergo grip
Aimpoint Comp M-2 in LaRue mount
ARMS #40L BUIS
U/W Gear sling

http://photobucket.com/albums/v349/MtnDiz/m4build.jpg

I wanted to stay with the M-4 design so I went with a 5.56 with a 14.5" bbl. The gas key is properly staked, as well as the reciever extension.
I use USGI Okay mags but am looking at P-Mags as we speak.
I shoot BH 75 gr blue box for a defensive load, and train with Wolf 62 gr.
The VFG was shortened and along with the pistol grip, coated with bedliner material. This gives an outstanding grip.
The entire piece was coated in KG GunKote flat moly gray.

docsherm
10-22-07, 21:17
Very nice.

SuicideHz
10-22-07, 22:33
Nice build but I'd not say that you are trying or were trying to keep this as close to a mil-spec rifle as possible. Were you going for a traditional M4 look? Or military grade parts and specs such as the correctly staked carrier key? I'm just a little confused I guess...

When I think "M4" I'd think KAC RIS handguards and grip, not cut short, a 14.5" barrel with extended A2 style hider, 6 position ribbed stock, A2 grip, etc.- a more "classic" look.

It's a good carbine but it's just "cool civvy guy spec" like any of mine. Not really "mil." :)

ETA: DISREGARD MY COMMENTS SINCE THE TITLE WAS CHANGED FROM "MIL-SPEC to GP"

docsherm
10-23-07, 16:18
Besides the flash hider it looks like my old "work gun". I ended up with a Vltor stock after this pic was taken.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce02b3127ccebe1b7e1842d800000026100AcMWbZy0aOGLg

SuicideHz
10-23-07, 20:01
Is this thread going to turn into one of those where when one person posts a picture of their rifle everyone has to post a picture of their rifle too?

:p

docsherm
10-24-07, 10:48
That was not my intention. I was just trying to show Diz that if he was going for a USGI look he did a good job. Once again I have to say nice looking rifle Diz.