PDA

View Full Version : DDaniel Defense 1 o'clock rail v/s Gear Sector offset mount

triburst1
07-06-11, 20:10
I'm currently running a DD Omega 9.0 on my middy with a fixed FSB and a Surefire X300 w/XT07 on the 3:00 rail.

I want to move the light itself higher to cast the barrel shadow down and alow me to better use the light from low cover. Since a 12:00 mount is out, I would like to move the light up to 1:00 while keeping it as tight to the gun as possible.

The two options I'm looking at are the Daniel Defense offset 1:00 rail and the Gear Sector offset X300 mount. Which one of these mounts will keep the light as "high and tight" as possible? Are there any other options I should be considering?

j-dubya
07-06-11, 21:07
The Gear Sector mount will put your light about as close as it can get to the rail. I am very pleased with my application with an M3X. Plus, the Gear Sector mount is sleeker in design as far as matching whatever grip or rail covers you're using. The Daniel Defense mount, I believe, is more for optics.

Jeremy

mhanna91
07-06-11, 22:53
VLTOR offset mount keeps my G2 as close as possible (I'm talking 4 or 5 thousandths) from my Troy front sight on my MRF rail.
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/NEWRIFLE004.jpg