PDA

View Full Version : sig sauer firing pins

italius222
07-06-11, 21:52
how do i remove the firing pin from a sig handgun? i need to clean it

KhanRad
07-06-11, 21:59
how do i remove the firing pin from a sig handgun? i need to clean it

Did you get dirt in the firing pin channel? If the firing pin works fine, I wouldn't take it out. You're better off trying to blow out the action with compressed air.

All Sigs have a pin on the side of the slide called the firing pin position pin that you punch out. Some use roll pins, some use snail pins, and some use solid pins. If it is a solid pin, you want to use a cupped punch with a dead blow hammer. If it is a roll pin or snail pin you want to use a roll pin punch with a dead blow hammer. Punch it out from the right side to the left side. Once you remove the pin, you need to replace it with a new one.

There is really very little point in removing the firing pin unless you've put many thousands of rounds through pistol, or something has broken. Even then, you should use the right tools, and be an armorer or have the knowledge to do the work.

Dienekes
07-07-11, 12:35
Second that. I did armorer's training on the 226 a long time ago, and detail stripping SIGs is not 1st echelon maintainance. If it ain't broke...If the pin moves freely as designed, and the block works ok, the most I'd advise would be some brake cleaner and an air hose.

Most guns should be left alone for the same reason clocks are.

italius222
07-07-11, 17:07
got it, thanks