PDA

View Full Version : Battle Comp 2.0

Count Chocula
07-07-11, 02:37
Just got a battle comp 2.0 on my duty rifle today. Read a bunch of great reviews and decided to go for it.

Two questions, first one having to do with my OCD. I used the shims and thought I had it perfect, but when I put some rockset on it and cranked it down it is barely off (I mean BARELY). This won't effect function of the brake will it?

Second is can I expect a significant difference in the point of impact at 100 yards now that I have changed from an A2 to the battle comp?

Thanks

Skang
07-07-11, 03:33
1.No

2.No

Count Chocula
07-07-11, 04:31
Thank you

Iraqgunz
07-07-11, 13:15
Just curious. Why did you "crank" it down? If you applied Rocksett and applied a decent amount of torque it should have been fine.

Just got a battle comp 2.0 on my duty rifle today. Read a bunch of great reviews and decided to go for it.

Two questions, first one having to do with my OCD. I used the shims and thought I had it perfect, but when I put some rockset on it and cranked it down it is barely off (I mean BARELY). This won't effect function of the brake will it?

Second is can I expect a significant difference in the point of impact at 100 yards now that I have changed from an A2 to the battle comp?

Thanks

Count Chocula
07-07-11, 15:29
I didn't crank the shit out of it. Just tightened it down enough to throw the timing off just a tiny bit.

coloccw
07-07-11, 15:45
confirm zero...I've never had an issue but ALWAYS confirm.

jonconsiglio
07-07-11, 15:54
I don't think the Rocksett is really even necessary unless you plan on running a suppressor… just an FYI.

Count Chocula
07-08-11, 20:10
Broke in the battle comp pretty good in training today. Put about 6 mags through it and scratched the shit out of it on the bearcat. I think I am going to like it. It has a different recoil impulse that will take some getting used to. It does help with the muzzle rise and seemed to create some muzzle dip on occasion. Once I get used to it I think it will speed up my shooting, which is always a good thing. Shot it next to a few guys and there were no complaints about noise. I also confirmed my zero and there were no suprises. Great product so far.:D