PDA

View Full Version : IN - Teen faces 8 years in prison for prank.

Irish
07-07-11, 18:20
Maybe I'm way off base here but this (http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/125037454.html?ref=guiltypleasures) is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

When 18-year-old Tyell Morton put a blow-up sex doll in a bathroom stall on the last day of school, he didn't expect school officials to call a bomb squad or that he'd be facing up to eight years in prison and a possible felony record.

Morton was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, and institutional criminal mischief, a felony that carries the potential of two to eight years in prison.

Comes close to all the other threads where kids are being kicked out of class for bringing in a G.I. Joe or playing war on the playground. Difference here is that they're going to be labeling him a felon, possibly sending him to prison for a very long time and he'll be losing his right to ever own and defend himself with a gun all over a stupid prank. Gimme a ****in' break!

GermanSynergy
07-07-11, 18:23
This is what you get when the Left has an iron grip on Education.... You get quotas, zero tolerance polices and other namby pamby nonsense.

BCmJUnKie
07-07-11, 18:37
Its getting ridiculous. We used to pull some pretty goofy shit at school and never faced FELONY charges.

My girlfriend is a teacher, they dont just treat students like shit, teachers alike get the same treatment

GermanSynergy
07-07-11, 18:40
Its getting ridiculous. We used to pull some pretty goofy shit at school and never faced FELONY charges.

My girlfriend is a teacher, they dont just treat students like shit, teachers alike get the same treatment

I had dinner on July 4th with a friend who was a public school teacher in Virginia, and she said the same thing. Basically it's keep your mouth shut, teach them to pass the tests and move em on to the next grade.

Needless to say, her future kids will not be going to public school.

Irish
07-07-11, 18:42

The felony part is the problem. Stupid prank, get your dick slapped and get back to class. Extra class work, suspend him if you must or give him trash clean up or something along those lines but a felony?!?!

Irish
07-07-11, 18:43
Basically it's keep your mouth shut, teach them to pass the tests and move em on to the next grade.

Except in ATL where the teachers cheat for the students. Google it if you don't know...

BCmJUnKie
07-07-11, 18:46
I had dinner on July 4th with a friend who was a public school teacher in Virginia, and she said the same thing. Basically it's keep your mouth shut, teach them to pass the tests and move em on to the next grade.

Needless to say, her future kids will not be going to public school.

She was absolutely right. and if you open your mouth about something you dont like then you get a nice reprimand and your next evaluation gets a bad score.

Its bullshit

GermanSynergy
07-07-11, 18:47
Except in ATL where the teachers cheat for the students. Google it if you don't know...

I saw.

Renegade
07-07-11, 19:27
Not even worthy of detention.

In my day, HS teacher would have just deflated it, throw it in trash and forget it.

Of course, many of my HS teachers were WWII/KOR/VN vets, and were not completely pussified as the current crop of shit running today's schools are.

Honu
07-07-11, 20:51
taking out center posts of the doors to the gym and putting a teachers car in the gym :)

gathering open house signs all year long then put a out house on top of the school main door roof and post all the open house signs :)

backing up a dump truck full of cow manure and dumping it

removing all the grates to the doors from the school and put them in the woods next to the school

welding the main gates shut ;)

I do remember some blow up doll prank ? but cant remember what it was at our school ?

those were some of the things that happened when I was in HS that others did ? I knew about some and they were group efforts :)

man I remember bringing real M80 and blowing up lockers and such all the time ? I am so glad I went to school when I did
made sure know one walked by when lit :) person on both sides 30 feet down the hall :)
flushing M80s was a big thing also
our school was pretty bad though no money etc..

Magic_Salad0892
07-08-11, 04:12
taking out center posts of the doors to the gym and putting a teachers car in the gym :)

gathering open house signs all year long then put a out house on top of the school main door roof and post all the open house signs :)

backing up a dump truck full of cow manure and dumping it

removing all the grates to the doors from the school and put them in the woods next to the school

welding the main gates shut ;)

I do remember some blow up doll prank ? but cant remember what it was at our school ?

those were some of the things that happened when I was in HS that others did ? I knew about some and they were group efforts :)

man I remember bringing real M80 and blowing up lockers and such all the time ? I am so glad I went to school when I did
made sure know one walked by when lit :) person on both sides 30 feet down the hall :)
flushing M80s was a big thing also
our school was pretty bad though no money etc..

Haha. I remember like 9 years ago, me, and a couple friends removed the middle bar to the double door in the gym, and pushed my cousin's car in it.
Put the middle bar back in (broke the screws, so we had to borrow a welding gun) and nobody knew better.

The charter school I went to still had full time classes, but I wasn't taking P.E. so I didn't go, but I did see the shitstorm that ensued. The principal had such a hard time reprimanding the one dude he did catch for it, kept asking questions like ''How did you guys get it in there?... That's pretty amazing.'' He was hysterical, he loved it.

I don't know how they got the car out. Puzzles me to this day, my old classmates I've talked to about it don't really know either, but my cousin still has the car.

Honu
07-08-11, 05:42
the teacher in our school thought it was funny as heck also

our teachers for the most part thought the pranks we did were funny cause they did not hurt anyone just funny stuff

J-Dub
07-08-11, 09:42
This is what you get when the Left has an iron grip on Education.... You get quotas, zero tolerance polices and other namby pamby nonsense.

BINGO.

I was going to be a teacher/coach.....untill i took an education class....

kartoffel
07-08-11, 10:10
Heard of a fun prank once: get 3 pigs and paint numbers on them, 1, 2 and 4. Let them loose inside the school. Watch the administration go nuts trying to find the 4th pig.

Ironman8
07-08-11, 10:18
Heard of a fun prank once: get 3 pigs and paint numbers on them, 1, 2 and 4. Let them loose inside the school. Watch the administration go nuts trying to find the 4th pig.

Now that's FUNNY :lol:

Ironman8
07-08-11, 10:19
In all seriousness though, shows you "where we are at" when Casey Anthony gets let off the hook and this kid has to even deal with the POSSIBILITY of going to jail.

GermanSynergy
07-08-11, 10:27
In all seriousness though, shows you "where we are at" when Casey Anthony gets let off the hook and this kid has to even deal with the POSSIBILITY of going to jail.

Well, she's got a bright future in the reality TV circuit, and the media adores her.

Magic_Salad0892
07-08-11, 17:02

You mean the 3rd pig?

That's AWESOME.

BCmJUnKie
07-08-11, 17:12
You mean the 3rd pig?

That's AWESOME.

I read that too, But I think he meant the "4th" pig.

Ironman8
07-08-11, 18:01
You mean the 3rd pig?

That's AWESOME.

The 3rd pig IS the 4th pig! :lol:

mhanna91
07-08-11, 21:16
I graduated in 09. The best thing I remember was we popped out a ceiling tile right above our ag teacher's desk and put a dead groundhog up there. Took like 2 weeks for them to figure out where the smell was coming from. Numbering livestock came up quite a few times but nobody ever did it.

armakraut
07-09-11, 02:40
One of the best things that could happen to this country is a complete dismantling of public education.

Magic_Salad0892
07-09-11, 04:07
I read that too, But I think he meant the "4th" pig.

I know that we both know what he meant. Let's get on the same page.

Teachers find pigs '1', '2', '4', and continue looking because there HAS to be a number three. But there isn't.

u mad bro? :lol:

BCmJUnKie
07-09-11, 11:33
I know that we both know what he meant. Let's get on the same page.

Teachers find pigs '1', '2', '4', and continue looking because there HAS to be a number three. But there isn't.

u mad bro? :lol:

Lol why would I be mad? If I couldnt find the GD "4th" Pig I would be mad!

Magic_Salad0892
07-09-11, 16:44
Lol why would I be mad? If I couldnt find the GD "4th" Pig I would be mad!

I meant the ''u mad bro?'' comment at whatever teacher would be looking for that ''3rd/4th'' pig.