PDA

View Full Version : FED .223 M855C at academy

xCONTRAKTx
07-07-11, 22:46
anyone have experience they want to share about the fed on striper clips in the ammo can at academy sports? just bought 4 boxes of 420 rounds each.

duece71
07-09-11, 06:56
I got some of the same stuff....I think. 420 rounds in an ammo can that was sealed with wire. Its M855 green tip as marked on the side in a large white sticker. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Would the stripper clips make it easier/faster to load into a magazine??

ONEmanWOLFpack
07-09-11, 07:28
I got some of the same stuff....I think. 420 rounds in an ammo can that was sealed with wire. Its M855 green tip as marked on the side in a large white sticker. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Would the stripper clips make it easier/faster to load into a magazine??

Absolutely, when you bust open the can it should come with speed loaders. You will put the large end of the speed loader onto the mag where the back of the round goes. Then feed the stripper into the loader. Now you will want to find a rail or table of some sort. You will have to apply pressure to the back of the rounds as you "push" them into the mag. Here is a video, but I like to turn it upside down and push on a table...a lot easier that way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egnnlfzgPi0

GeorgiaBoy
07-09-11, 23:37
You buy 1700 rounds of ammo and THEN ask questions about it?? :p

Oh, back to the question. I got the same 420 round pack a week or so ago. Shot about 100 rounds of it so far. Its not match grade ammo or anything but its fairly accurate for general shooting.

As far as I know, this ammo is just Lake City M855 that got rejected for some of the lot being out of spec in accuracy.