PDA

View Full Version : Konus M30 optic failure again.

tomme boy
07-08-11, 14:36
I bought a Konus M30 4.5-16x40 last Year in June. It is this scope here. Konus (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=984937)

I bought this as I had not heard anything bad about this scope. Everything I heard was good. I knew it was a Chinese scope. But was supposed to be good parts, but assembled in China.

I first had this on my Savage rifle in 308Win. I shot this for about 200 rounds and I noticed that it started to get black specks all over the inside of the lens. I called Midway and they told me to contact the manufacturer as they were out at that time. I sent it back to Konus and they replaced it. It sat in the gun room for a few months before I got around to putting it on a rifle.

Fast forward to last week. I put it onto my Ruger 10-22. I took it to the range and got it sighted in. I started to destroy every empty shotgun hull within 125yards. Then all of a sudden I could not hit any more of the hulls anymore. I noticed the zero was off. I put it back on paper. Or I tried to. It would not hold a zero anymore. So I started to clean the barrel as I have had about 3K rounds since the last cleaning of it. I got it all cleaned and loaded back up, and when I look through the scope to take a shot I see this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/tommeboy/100_0789.jpg

I get home and call Konus again abouut this. The man I talked to laughed about it and said something about the harsh recoil of the of a 22 rimfire. He said he would have one looked over and ship it right out. That was last week on July 1. Today I have not seen anything yet so I call them to get a tracking number. They tell me they have not even sent it out yet!

I told them I do not trust this optic anymore and I want my money back for it. They said they will not give my money back as they did not sell it to me. I was to take it back to where I bought it from. So I call Midway up and explain what has happened to this scope and that I want my money back for it. They also will not give my money back as it has been over 90 days since I bought it. They will give me store credit , but that is it.

So, what are the odds of two of these being bad? Looks like more China Junk. So since there is not a lot out there about these scopes. I wanted to share my experiance with one.

QuietShootr
07-08-11, 17:57
If you don't mind, I'd like to point someone to this thread when they ask if their Primary Arms or BSA is just as good as my Aimpoint or Nightforce, then bust my balls for spending money on good optics.

patrolman
07-08-11, 21:10
Lesson learned, it appears.

tomme boy
07-08-11, 22:25
What I don't get is it failed on a .22rf!!! That was why I transfered it to the 22. I felt it would not hold up to a 308Win. I have a Simmons 44 Mag that has held up to about 3.5K rounds of differant 308, 8mm, 243, .223. It was on my rimfire before the Konus. I ran about 5K rounds threw it before the POS was put on. This Simmons is my go to if I have a gun that needs to be checked. It is NOT a China one like the new ones are.

Thomas M-4
07-08-11, 23:21
When it come to China there is no way of telling. Some components might have been made by one factory at one time and the new one you got might have had some of the components made by entirely different factory. There is just no way of telling.
Its all just a crap shoot unfortunately for us sooner or later they will improve enough where to average consumer wont care.

Skang
07-09-11, 00:46
I wouldn't count on it for getting a money back. At least they offer you store credit, which you can buy another scope with.