PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback pistols ???

just a scout
07-08-11, 16:57
Any opinions on these? I'm thinking about a DB9 for CCW. The 380 is small, but feels like a Glock, which I like. The Ruger LC9 has a triggerguard and trigger shaped and sized so my finger just falls onto the trigger naturally. Expect for that, feels like a quality pistol, but having that happen with the trigger scares me. The DB feels pretty good though. Opinions, Gents?

just a scout
07-08-11, 16:59
And this is a pistol meant to carried deeply, not fired often. If I was looking for something to shoot more often, I'd add a G26 to the stable.:D

iCarbine
07-08-11, 18:54
I'd just get the Glock 26 and be done with it. You'd have a gun that is high quality, reliable, durable and scarcely bigger than a Diamondback.

My only experience with DB is a friend's DB380. It had usable accuracy at 7 yards and no recoil. For me, it is so small I had difficulty manipulating it well. I felt that, with it being so small, it was difficult to hold onto the damn thing, and an ND was just waiting to happen.

Pocket guns don't suit me. YMMV.

RagweedZulu
07-08-11, 19:10
I agree. Go with the known quantity. You always get a great, reliable pistol with a Glock. Plus you want the 9mm or better for a serious SD role. Don't bet your life on an unknown pistol in a minimum defensive caliber.

kartoffel
07-08-11, 19:15
They look like the love child of a Kel-Tec and a Glock. Considered it, but got a PF-9 instead, which then had an extractor failure after only 500 rounds. Whoops.

Wayne Dobbs
07-09-11, 13:51
I've seen about 100 rounds total through three of the .380s. They didn't work for crap, having FTEs and FTFs on a contiual basis. Run far, far away from that brand.

40Arpent
07-09-11, 15:03
The Ruger LC9 has a triggerguard and trigger shaped and sized so my finger just falls onto the trigger naturally

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by this? As it reads, it sounds like a severe lack of operational control on your part.

just a scout
07-09-11, 21:35
When I draw my G17,my extended trigger finger rests on the trigger guard. But with the LC9, the trigger guard is open past my fingertip. I have to consciously put my finger up higher along the slide and the grip doesn't feel good or natural to me. And before anyone starts, I've been firing handguns since 1988 and never qualled less than expert. I seen the show on tv a couple of times.

I like the Ruger but the size doesn't work for me.

Magic_Salad0892
07-09-11, 21:41
Kahr makes a good product, as does Walther.

stmcelroy
07-09-11, 23:16
Loving my DB9 thus far. 246 rounds through it so far and only 2-3 stove pipes that I believe were caused by a misfitting Crimson Trace the first time out. Since then 175 rounds with no problems at all.

Take a look at my write up thus far on my blog: http://rkbaholsters.blogspot.com/2011/06/diamondback-9mm-vs-diamondback-380acp.html