PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint, Inc Inside Sales Reps

FJB
10-23-07, 12:15
Contrary to what some shrill at TOS recently posted, the Aimpoint, Inc inside sales and repair folks are first class professionals who return phone calls promptly or at the very least within the same day if swamped with orders. They tackle their jobs with great passion and zeal. They are also dedicated shooters who train with Jeff Gonzales, Pat Rogers, LAV, etc. when ever possible so that they can appreciate what the end users/operators need when they talk to them on the phone. While this post is not directed at the excellent members at M4Carbine, I am compelled to stand up for them (but I won't post at TOS) and won't have their work ethic, knowledge base, and integrity assaulted by some a$$clown, who thinks a $35 (production cost) chinese made piece of glass is "as good as" an Aimpoint 3X magnifier.

Oh by the way the question the buffoon had "was what was the eye relief for the 3X magnifier?" Which if he had simply gone to our website would have found that it was: 5° Field Of View 40 – 90 mm (1.5" to 3.5") with full FOV 60 – 65 mm (2.5"). Which is the longest eye relief of any magnifier on the market. Maybe it was the whole converting metric to english thing that confused him. "I know darling, maybe he'd prefer a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

S/F

Hawkeye
10-23-07, 12:25
...................... who thinks a $35 (production cost) chinese made piece of glass is "as good as" an Aimpoint sight.

S/F

I will never understand that mentality.

rob_s
10-23-07, 12:32
I will never understand that mentality.

Reminds me of the guys in their '87 Honda Civic with a wing that always wanted to race me when I had my GTO. :D

markm
10-23-07, 12:49
I only check the hometown forum on TOS. I'm much happier not seeing the retardation that gets posted in the other forums.

m.adams
10-23-07, 12:55
Perhaps if he stood at the other end of the range when you perform your "throwing of the optic" demo he'd realize that you get what you pay for. :D I guarantee the welt received from a true Aimpoint would be of much higher quality.

FJB
10-23-07, 13:38
Perhaps if he stood at the other end of the range when you perform your "throwing of the optic" demo he'd realize that you get what you pay for. :D I guarantee the welt received from a true Aimpoint would be of much higher quality.

HAAAAA!!! Love it. Thanks for the laugh. That is my favorite part of the demo and I'd have no problem bouncing it off his skull a few times to prove how well Aimpoint sights retain zero.

S/F

charlie505
10-23-07, 13:53
I bought two Aimpoint 1000 when they hit the market - late 80's i think - and they still work! :p

One recently had a problem - the on/off dial broke off - i plan on fixing it and putting it on my 22LR - replace the 35.00 knock off.

Think Aimpoint will fix it????

I have 2 new ones that i love.

Shihan
10-23-07, 17:56
Its amazing the Bozo's that sight attracts and keeps. There is a Jack Ass over there who keeps going round and round about how the knockoff Eotech and Aimpoint are the same exact thing as the Real Deal etc.

militarymoron
10-23-07, 20:17
i've never had a problem contacting Aimpoint customer service - and it goes back a long way. i had an Aimpoint 1000 as well, back in the late 80's and when it died on me a few years later, i sent it back for repair. they had discontinued it by then and offered me a trade-in discount on a Comp, which i took. i was very surprised that they'd do that, and was very pleased.
since then, i've sent back two Comp M sights with switch problems, and although i'd rather they never had problems in the first place, they were fixed with very quick turnaround and excellent service.

DocGKR
10-23-07, 21:35
Had an M2 that wouldn't hold zero--Aimpoint replaced within 72 hrs with a new M3...Can't get much better than that!

As I have previously posted here at M4C the Aimpoint 3x is indeed far superior to the Eotech 3x.

edwin907
10-23-07, 22:03
I think I read on TOS that Aimpoint was going to re-release the M4 with the battery position at 5 O'Clock.

I, for one as a lefty wouldn't mind that at all but is there any truth to the rumor?

I think FJB had told us Aimpoint did make a version with the battery box at the 7 O'Clock positon, maybe that is what the poster on TOS read.

I'd sure as heck like a 7 O'Clock version, but I'll buy one either way.

FJB
10-24-07, 19:32
Edwin,
I have the preproduction Aimpoint CompM4B with the battery box at 5 0'Clock. The engineers moved it from from the 7 to the 5, not sure why the engineers moved from the seven to the five, but it is irrelevant. It is a great optic, esp for "wrong handed" shooters like yourself. But even for right handers it is nice cause it really lowers the profile of the optic. It is currently a lead contender in an Army competition for a large order. It will be introduced at SHOT Show and available for purchase there after. I'll post pictures shortly.

I recently ran through a three day 2300 round Jeff Gonzales Trident Concepts Carbine Operators Course with the CompM4B and it performed superbly and held zero amazingly well, just like the other CompM4s. Without sounding like I am boasting I was the class high shooter, beating out six other Marines with ACOGs/RCOs with the rest of the class using Aimpoint sights. Although there were two EOs that started the users switched to Aimpoints mid way through the class. Hmmm... It is often stated that it is the Indian not the arrow, the reality is that Aimpoint sights provide the operators a significant advantage over their adversaries.

As a quick aside, one Marine was forced to switch to an Aimpoint (gun issue not optic) on the last day and stated afterwards he had always thought the ACOG/RCO was the best optic until he used an Aimpoint and then couldn't stop raving about how much better the Aimpoint sights over the RCOs. Kind of like saying vanilla is your favorite flavor ice cream, yet never trying any other flavors. "He didn't know what he didn't know."

S/F

edwin907
10-24-07, 20:22
Many thanks for the update!

I will definitely be getting one of the Aimpoint CompM4B models when it is available.

MR.J
10-24-07, 20:44
Hey FJB, I have 3 comp M4's that after 1000 to 1500 rounds the mount does not want to stay clamped to the reciver of my LMT rifles,I had to retightin all 3 again(the manual says 2 clicks then it is tight, i did 3 clicks as the aimpoint tech said that would be fine). I used blue loctite , then shot about 400 rounds through them and they were fine.My question is this, do you think that buy useing the locktite on this sight that it is just a band-aid fix?Or should i send all 3 back to get them fixed/looked at ? I will send them in if i have too.

UPSguy
10-25-07, 03:29
FJB, thanks for posting here. A question though as I am confused about your 7 and 5 Oclock battery positions. I have a M4 and my battery is at 1 O clock if looking from the rear and 11 if looking at it from the front. Not sure we are using the same clock.

Also, were do we stand on the cantilever spacers being available?

nationwide
10-25-07, 06:15
Why are we complaining about what happens at TOS here?

Isn't Black Rifles for that??? :rolleyes:

Robb Jensen
10-25-07, 06:38

Village Idiots aren't exclusive to TOS.

UPSguy
10-25-07, 11:26
Village Idiots aren't exclusive to TOS.

Yea, you let me in:D

M4arc
10-25-07, 11:58
Yea, you let me in:D

Hell, they made me a member of the staff! That like the fox guarding the hen house :D

C4IGrant
10-25-07, 12:33

Not to speak for FJB, but he knows that responding to some window licker on TOS is just about a 100% waste of time.

He did want to set the record straight though and make sure people are aware that Aimpoints staff is one of the best in the business.

C4

FJB
10-25-07, 13:10
Grant,
Thanks for the assist. That is exactly why I posted here vice TOS.

UPSGuy,
The clock description we are using is when you are looking at the CompM4 from the Ocular/Rear of the optic. Thus as you look at a standard CompM4 is this manner the battery box will be at the 1 0'Clock position.

S/F

nationwide
10-25-07, 16:19
He did want to set the record straight though and make sure people are aware that Aimpoints staff is one of the best in the business.

C4

The Aimpoint product speaks for itself. That's why it's an INDUSTRY LEADER.

UPSguy
10-25-07, 16:49
UPSGuy,
The clock description we are using is when you are looking at the CompM4 from the Ocular/Rear of the optic. Thus as you look at a standard CompM4 is this manner the battery box will be at the 1 0'Clock position.

S/FOK, we are looking at the same clock;) . My confusion came because you said 7 O clock.

Dport
10-25-07, 16:52
You'd think the product speaks for itself.

However, there is an element out there that 24 hours is too long to wait for a phone call from their customer service to answer what is a non-emergency type question.

That same element seems to have difficulty with metric to Imperial conversions. Must have been the same people who worked on the Mars Climate Orbiter.

nationwide
10-25-07, 19:04
You'd think the product speaks for itself.

However, there is an element out there that 24 hours is too long to wait for a phone call from their customer service to answer what is a non-emergency type question.

Are you saying a 3 gun match isn't an emergency?!?!?! :eek:

;)