PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky bags

w3453l
07-11-11, 01:32
Anyone know what happened to the sneaky bags? It seems like they just vanished. I've been looking to buy a medium covert rifle bag but I can't post a WTB ad here even though I have over 30 posts. Is there any other reason it won't let me post a WTB thread? Anyway if anyone knows where I can find a medium covert rifle bag from sneaky bags please let me know. Thanks

rob_s
07-11-11, 05:39
Last I heard the owners were having some family issues, or were dealing with a family emergency. It's a shame as people ask me almost every time I'm at the range about my Sneaky rifle bag. They make (made?) good stuff but I don't know when or if they'll be back, and don't know the details of whatever derailed them.

Dave L.
07-11-11, 07:52
I've wanted one ever since I was at Grey Group and saw Josh's bag. Scottsdale Gun Club had them listed, but none were in stock.
It's a shame, good product. Maybe Tactical Tailor will make a knock-off for us :eek:

SteveL
07-11-11, 08:56
Last I heard the owners were having some family issues, or were dealing with a family emergency. It's a shame as people ask me almost every time I'm at the range about my Sneaky rifle bag. They make (made?) good stuff but I don't know when or if they'll be back, and don't know the details of whatever derailed them.

Rob since you're in relatively close proximity to Robert and USGG is there any chance you could let him take a look at yours? No doubt he could make a quality bag along the same lines as the Sneaky Bag. Not an out-and-out copy, as I'm sure Robert has more integrity than to take someone else's idea, but maybe he could use it to get a basic idea and go from there. I was surprised when looking at his site a few days ago that I didn't see any rifle bags available already.

rob_s
07-11-11, 09:07
Robert is working on a few things. Next time I talk to him I'll see what he has going on.

I'm assuming we're talking discrete rifle/carbine bags, yes?

SteveL
07-11-11, 09:18
Robert is working on a few things. Next time I talk to him I'll see what he has going on.

I'm assuming we're talking discrete rifle/carbine bags, yes?

Yes, and thanks.

w3453l
07-11-11, 13:50

Yeah I heard the same and I wonder if they'll ever be back. I've been posting WTB ads on a few forums lately, for some reason I can't post one here. I read the rules and it seems like everything is fine but it won't let me post there

Never mind, it went through

aaron_c
07-11-11, 19:24
I thought they looked really good as well. If you are unable to find one, the other three I was looking at were the Noveske backpack, Larue breakdown case, and Castle Rock Tactical case (the one I bought a couple days ago).

jklaughrey
07-11-11, 19:55
Dbl tap

jklaughrey
07-11-11, 19:55
I have a medium covert sneaky bag and it is constructed very well. If someone wants to reverse engineer a similar design I could be willing to part with it for a little while.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Olywa
07-12-11, 01:18
These bags are solid. I have one. To bad they disappeared. I wish I could buy the rights and rebrand the bags.

snackgunner
10-05-11, 13:10
Does anyone have a 29" sneaky bag rifle case? I read that a 12.5" SBR would fit in it with the stock fully closed.

Was thinking of purchasing a 29" sneaky bag from EE. But I have the wifes 12.5 SBR with vltor stock and a5 buffer exstension. And the stock can only collapse and lock up on the 2nd position.

So I guess this would be a no brainer and a 12.5" SBR with vltor a5 exstension would not fit into a 29" sneaky bag rifle case?

Just wondering if anyone happens to have a 29" sneaky bag and a 12.5" SBR with vltor a5 exstension and could test this out for me.

Thanks

snackgunner
10-05-11, 13:25
dbl tap

nobody knows
10-06-11, 22:59
Op-I have never seen a sneaky bag before. But I'm assuming It's for transporting your rifle discretely. You might be interested in this bag http://www.lwrci.com/p-18-lwrci-ultimate-discrete-case.aspx, my friend has one and It's awesome. As soon as I get some extra cash saved up I'm getting one.

JohnnyC
10-07-11, 00:08
I'd really like to pick one of these up. I may see if I can have a friend stitch something up for me.

baddoggy
10-10-11, 16:55
delete post plz

i-SHOT
04-10-13, 10:27
Sorry to bring up an old thread but just in case anyone's interest, the new Sneaky Bags was re-launched this morning. For now it only has the rifle bags.

www.sneakybags.com (http://www.sneakybags.com/)

Helm

NoveskeFan
04-10-13, 10:36
Awesome! I'm really liking the 31" CRB.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just in case anyone's interest, the new Sneaky Bags was re-launched this morning. For now it only has the rifle bags.

Helm

markm
04-10-13, 10:47
I saw similar looking bags (size, style and color) in Target over the weekend. :p

No joke. They made me think of the gun bags that are so absurdly overpriced.

Got to Target and save a hundred bucks.

Will_Power
04-11-13, 00:34
Happy to see this back!

Blayglock
04-11-13, 05:30

Helm

Thank you for digging this back up. These bags are awesome.

snackgunner
04-11-13, 07:15
I saw similar looking bags (size, style and color) in Target over the weekend. :p

Could you find that bag on Targets website by any chance, by putting in a item/sku# and post it here for us to see?

markm
04-11-13, 08:00
Could you find that bag on Targets website by any chance, by putting in a item/sku# and post it here for us to see?

No. But if I get back to Target, I'll take a closer look and get a phone pic and item number.

I'm not into the bag thing... so I didn't take a very close look.

infidelprodigy
04-11-13, 13:52
And at the last gunshow I saw lots of things similar to Colt and BCM from DPMS and Olympic Arms, but not so absurdly overpriced.:rolleyes:

Seriously, these bags are desgined to protect a rifle(s) standing up to years of abrasive treatment, while being as non-descript as possible and being able to keep the rifle(s) in a ready to employ state.

I tried the whole tennis racket/Target special bag once upon a time. I got tired of having to buy a new bag every few weeks because the muzzle poked through, or the charging handle made a hole, or the zipper blew out......

Though if you wish to put your multi-thousand dollar rifle in a $20 case drive on it's only your money and property.:cool:

markm
04-11-13, 14:03
I use cheap cases or NO case all the time. I've never damaged an AR in 15 years.

Now I can see spending for a quality drag bag or pack... but a fruity case to flit around town?? Nah.

I would say save your money for ammo... but since there isn't any... might as well buy an over-bred case. ;)

jonconsiglio
04-11-13, 19:37
I use cheap cases or NO case all the time. I've never damaged an AR in 15 years.

Now I can see spending for a quality drag bag or pack... but a fruity case to flit around town?? Nah.

I would say save your money for ammo... but since there isn't any... might as well buy an over-bred case. ;)

I've never been one for bags, but I got one of these for free. It was perfect for my 10.5" rifle. I kept in the car with clients. They usually prefer not to see a loaded rifle on the seat on those occasions it's not in the trunk.

They do have their place, otherwise a rifle up front wouldn't always fly.

The new ones look a bit more sturdy. Wonder if they'll be available in tan? I like the new attachments for the straps, the velcro inside the bottom pocket and the divider inside the main compartment. I also like the reinforced body and how much it unzips.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6943376906_c747633c55_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8626648502_3a676d3bd3_b.jpg

This is everything from above.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8113/8626649144_e292ab76f4_b.jpg

usmcvet
04-11-13, 19:45
Awesome bags. I have one. Works well for me. I don't care for the new logo in the bag but no big deal. Looks like some good improvements.

DragonDoc
04-21-13, 00:02

What is the construction quality?

bossman3
04-21-13, 04:40
Im going on a bag hunt tomorrow. Ill post my finds....going to hunt for the "Target" bag and visit other department stores, sports shops.

Briman1001
04-21-13, 21:29
How does this compare to the 5.11 COVRT M4? Price is close, but quality or features? Does anyone have experience with both. Thanks.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/COVRT/COVRT-M4.html

usmcvet
04-22-13, 07:43
The sneaky bag blows the 5.11 out of the water. Mine is several years old and still looks new and works 100%. The covert my buddy carries had to get repaired after about 7 months. I think the carry strap tore off.

rrich1
04-22-13, 23:58
Purchased the leapers utg bag a few weeks ago and love it. Along the lines of the 5.11 covrt bag but much cheaper, has an extra pocket, and actually can carry 2 rifles. Ill try and do a write up on wed if i have time. Top pocket has hook and loop and the bag comes with a free holster for a gun as well. Nice add on.

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=gunca&level1=&level2=&itemno=PVC-PSP34BG&status=&mtrack=m

Javelin
04-23-13, 00:48
Noveske made a sweet sneaky bag for their SBR. I seem to recall John Noveske calling it a fag bag when I ordered it from him ROFL.

I really like it though :)

Sneakybags
04-29-13, 16:15
I've never been one for bags, but I got one of these for free. It was perfect for my 10.5" rifle. I kept in the car with clients. They usually prefer not to see a loaded rifle on the seat on those occasions it's not in the trunk.

They do have their place, otherwise a rifle up front wouldn't always fly.

The new ones look a bit more sturdy. Wonder if they'll be available in tan? I like the new attachments for the straps, the velcro inside the bottom pocket and the divider inside the main compartment. I also like the reinforced body and how much it unzips.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6943376906_c747633c55_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8626648502_3a676d3bd3_b.jpg

This is everything from above.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8113/8626649144_e292ab76f4_b.jpg

Thanks for the feedback John.
We did beef up the new C.R.B. and make it a bit more versatile by adding some new capabilities.

The old ones were pretty good but we can always improve based on customer needs.

jonconsiglio
04-29-13, 18:03
We did beef up the new C.R.B. and make it a bit more versatile by adding some new capabilities.

The old ones were pretty good but we can always improve based on customer needs.

No problem. Let me just be clear that I absolutely love the bag I have exactly how it is and have no complaints. The new bags just seem like a nice improvement. I do look forward to me of the new ones at some point though. Will there be a tan version?

jonconsiglio
04-29-13, 18:07
The sneaky bag blows the 5.11 out of the water. Mine is several years old and still looks new and works 100%. The covert my buddy carries had to get repaired after about 7 months. I think the carry strap tore off.

There's definitely a quality difference. I will not buy cheap bags. My local shop had this crazy sale on their lower quality gear and I bought two UTG rifle bags just for storage at the house or in case I needed to take more than a few rifles somewhere.

After a few months of using them for storage of gear and NEVER even leaving the house, the green one started to tear open all along the seam next to the zipper. The digital model did nearly the same thing, then a zipper broke off and the big front pocket started to tear away from the body. I tossed that one. The green is still in a closet somewhere.

usmcvet
04-30-13, 20:00
John is right. The Sneaky bag is 100% quality. Buy with confidence.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/image_zpscff309f4.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/image_zpscff309f4.jpg.html)

Mine carries a 10.5" or 11.5" SBR and a patrol bandoleer withn4 AR mags and 2 glock mags with ease.

Moose-Knuckle
04-30-13, 20:17
Good to see them back! I had to buy mine off the EE.

For SBR's, nothing beats a $15 Wilson tennis racket case.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Racket-Tennis-Bag/23578447

FrankW
05-01-13, 14:02
Good to see them back! I had to buy mine off the EE.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-Racket-Tennis-Bag/23578447

Now this is the way to do it!

markm
05-01-13, 14:37

A man?... In Texas??? flittin around in Shorty Shorts with a tennis racket? :nono: It's a bit creepy.

Moose-Knuckle
05-01-13, 14:42
A man?... In Texas??? flittin around in Shorty Shorts with a tennis racket? :nono: It's a bit creepy.

:lol:

Nah I don't do the Magnum PI shorty shorts. The bag is just as inconspicuous with canvas work pants and man boots. ;)

markm
05-01-13, 14:56
[QUOTE=Moose-Knuckle;1630424
Nah I don't do the Magnum PI shorty shorts. [/QUOTE]

You have to commit to be a true operator! :D

titanse05
05-01-13, 21:30
Wondering why sneaky bags decided to make the bag a little less sneaky by slapping the logo on the front.....

If it wasn't for the logo I'd be in for a smaller one in blue. I have the older style in blue and medium size and it is a great bag. I only paid $95 for mine though.

JohnnyC
05-02-13, 01:44
You have to commit to be a true operator! :D

It's all about the mustache.

On topic, I like mine, but I got a screaming deal on it. I wouldn't pay full price for it.

darr3239
05-02-13, 01:58
I kinda like the tennis racket case idea. I just can't think of any clothes I wear on a regular basis where the case wouldn't look out of place.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-13, 03:01
I kinda like the tennis racket case idea. I just can't think of any clothes I wear on a regular basis where the case wouldn't look out of place.

Meh, so your going "to and from the gym" and change in the locker room. Name brand bat bags and duffle bags also work well. Then there is always the classic violin case and the newer nylon gig bags.

I also have a BFG Denied Area concealment bag in shiny emerald green, they have since been discontinued.

markm
05-02-13, 08:16
Wondering why sneaky bags decided to make the bag a little less sneaky by slapping the logo on the front.....

No one notices that crap except internut gun forum goobers. Shit, I'd probably miss that if 10 sneaky bag fags walked by me. :D

titanse05
05-02-13, 08:52
No one notices that crap except internut gun forum goobers. Shit, I'd probably miss that if 10 sneaky bag fags walked by me. :DYeah you're right. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it doesn't say sneaky bags its just the logo.

SERT
05-02-13, 09:05
Yeah you're right. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it doesn't say sneaky bags its just the logo.

I was about to say that it's only a rubber patch, an update on the original SB logo. It doesn't say 'Sneaky Bags' anywhere outside other than a woven label inside.

SERT
05-02-13, 09:14
This is on the outside:

http://sneakybags.com/temp/temp-01.jpg

And this is on the inside:

http://sneakybags.com/temp/temp-02.jpg

Hope this helps.

420ollie
05-02-13, 13:09
I was about to say that it's only a rubber patch, an update on the original SB logo. It doesn't say 'Sneaky Bags' anywhere outside other than a woven label inside.

Is the patch a Velcro stick on or is it sewn on?

SERT
05-02-13, 13:29
Is the patch a Velcro stick on or is it sewn on?

It's sewn on.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-13, 15:51
An Xacto knife or a seam ripper can remove any label/patch in short order.

Sneakybags
05-03-13, 09:54
An Xacto knife or a seam ripper can remove any label/patch in short order.

Very true.
If thats what you need to do, it doesnt affect the integrity of the bag in any way whatsoever.

We tried to make the logo something you might find in a "Tune Up" shop. ;)

wingspar
05-03-13, 11:06
I could be interested if these bags were made to fit an AK. I’ve never been able to find a bag I like that will fit the AK and the 30 round mags.

Sneakybags
05-03-13, 13:04
I could be interested if these bags were made to fit an AK. I’ve never been able to find a bag I like that will fit the AK and the 30 round mags.

The shorter CRB will easily fit a 16 inch barrel folding stock AK and the larger will easily fit a fixed stock AK.

The CRB's were specificially designed around carriage of an AK series with a magazine inserted and an optic attached.

It just so happens that because we made it to work around an AK that it works well with many other rifles as well.

We have some bags in the works that are designed to work with more PDW/submachine gun sized weapons as well as a broken down m4 and will be of a smaller overall size.

The CRB series is really geared towards carriage of a weapon in a ready to use condition.

Hope that helps.

Moose-Knuckle
05-03-13, 15:33
The shorter CRB will easily fit a 16 inch barrel folding stock AK and the larger will easily fit a fixed stock AK.

The CRB's were specificially designed around carriage of an AK series with a magazine inserted and an optic attached.

It just so happens that because we made it to work around an AK that it works well with many other rifles as well.

I have an original Sneaky Bag and it fits my Kalashnikovs with standard Warsaw stocks and or side folders extended.

Sneakybags
05-03-13, 16:09
I have an original Sneaky Bag and it fits my Kalashnikovs with standard Warsaw stocks and or side folders extended.

That would be the larger 36" version.

Folders are good to go with the 30"

wingspar
05-07-13, 00:35

I have a WASR 10/63 and finding a case that will hold the gun and the 30 round AK mags has been an impossible task.

I don’t see a simple carrying handle on the side. Am I missing that, or is there not one there? I have no use for straps or backpack use

usmcvet
05-07-13, 10:21
I have a WASR 10/63 and finding a case that will hold the gun and the 30 round AK mags has been an impossible task.

I don’t see a simple carrying handle on the side. Am I missing that, or is there not one there? I have no use for straps or backpack use

I think mine only has one strap on it, looks like the new bags have two, just use one. Or remove the straps and re-sew them, it will fit you AK.

Sneakybags
05-07-13, 11:19

The strap configuration of the CRB alows sling/quiver style carry as well as backpack style carry.

The CRB is optimized for a vertical carry vs a suitcase style carry.

I reccomend looking at the SERT TCC series of cases if you want to transport a weapon in via hand carry. The SERT TCC cases are the finest of that type. (Horizontal carry)

http://www.ishot-inc.com/store/Tactical_CarbineRifle_Case_36

We also have a new bag called the T.o.T. (Trick or Treat) bag coming that is designed with the ability to carry a PDW /submachinegun sized weapon or a broken down M-4 as well as being able to accept optinal soft and hard armor inserts. It is in the horizontal,messenger bag style. Coming soon............:D

Moose-Knuckle
05-07-13, 14:56
We also have a new bag called the T.o.T. (Trick or Treat) bag coming that is designed with the ability to carry a PDW /submachinegun sized weapon. . .

That is awesome . . . :cool:

munch520
05-09-13, 07:51

Wife has a 30" blue one on the way for my bday, I've heard great things. Can't wait to get it.

:lol:

Nah I don't do the Magnum PI shorty shorts. The bag is just as inconspicuous with canvas work pants and man boots. ;)

Image if Lt Dangle (Reno 911) just flashed in my head :laugh:

munch520
05-09-13, 14:36
Wife surprised me with the bag today, wasn't expecting it this soon :) It is perfect timing as we are leaving for our condo in FL tomorrow and I now have something to tote gear in. My 12" SBR (with uber long SF brake) fits in the bag with the sopmod stock removed. It might have fit with the stock on and a standard A2 flash hider. Pretty easy to pack all this...

Main pocket:
-12" SBR
-Sling

Key pocket:
-ATF travel approval
-multitool

Bottom pocket:
-2x PMAGS
-ATS tear away IFAK stuck to molle Velcro
-TQ
-3x Glock mags (in zippered mesh)
-Surefire G2X (in zippered mesh)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/17777577-8BB0-44B8-8D2A-3108CBA882E4-6910-00000324CEC222D9_zpsdf57b362.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/FEE03CA1-0D4A-4965-AF8E-A915553188BE-6910-00000324DB8F56F6_zps0f19b6d8.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/AE508417-4FBE-4350-9812-4435C980FCC0-6910-00000324C598F64E_zpsa6989eea.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/CD814843-B921-480D-8C8B-1D952BE893CE-6910-00000325F17B9D45_zps5744dbc6.jpg

markm
05-09-13, 14:44
The logo is going to BLOW YOUR COVER! :eek:

munch520
05-09-13, 14:53
Well shit. Do they accept returns? :sarcastic:

As an aside...Helm from Sneaky Bags called me today to check on the order. Apparently there was a couple duplicates and he wanted to make sure I only got charged once. Great to see that even after a company has taken your money, they want to be sure that all is good.

Moose-Knuckle
05-09-13, 16:02
The logo is going to BLOW YOUR COVER! :eek:

Honestly it makes it look even more like a skateboard bag.

munch520
05-09-13, 16:22
Honestly it makes it look even more like a skateboard bag.

That's a great point. I used to snowboard a lot and it definitely reminds me of Burton's, K2's, etc logos/art.

MountainRaven
05-10-13, 00:31
I wonder if the 30" will fit a Tavor....

Sneakybags
05-10-13, 21:09
I wonder if the 30" will fit a Tavor....

It should, assuming you dont have a very elongated muzzle device or suppressor mounted.

Hope that helps