PDA

View Full Version : Finally Stage 1 COMPLETE!

johnd3906
07-11-11, 10:09
First and foremost I want to thank everyone on this forum. Without you guys I would have made another purchase like the first one i made, you will find out shortly what I mean. Thank you to the entire community, if it wasnt for you guys i would have kept my dpms sportical never knowing what other quality products were out there.

After what felt like countless hours spent reading, researching, and price checking my "stage 1" of my build is complete. As a preface this weapon is my second ar, the first one was a dpms i bought at a gun show on impulse with no research... This is my only carbine at the time and is my go to teotwawki/hd/plinking gun. I will list the specs and post pics later from my phone. I can post prices if anyone is interested.

Lower-

USA Tactical stripped lower
PSA Lpk
Mil Spec buffer tube
Magpul CTR
Magpul BAD
Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
Magpul Asap plate
Magpul Ms2 sling
Magpul Miad grip

Upper-
BCM BFH Upper 16" Middy
BCM M16 Full Auto BCG
BCM Tac latch (Lrg)
Magpul Moe hand guard
Magpul Mbus Gen2
Knights Armament fore grip
Primary Arms Micro

5 Windowed Pmags and 3000 rounds of federal 55gr.

After all of that I am content with my choices. I would be happy to hear any comments/criticism. The only downfall now is that as soon as I completed this build and ran about 1500-1700 rounds through it, I want to build an sbr... I guess I am BRD positive, time to tell the wife...:suicide2:

Pics to follow shortly....

duece71
07-11-11, 12:29
Ok, time for more mags and more ammo. Oh and pics please.

steven37
07-11-11, 15:04
Seems like a nice build. Let's see those pics soon.

johnd3906
07-11-11, 21:02
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/johndthesoc/Snapbucket/e235e0c6-orig.jpg

tell me what you guys think!!!!

seb5
07-11-11, 21:13
I think you made a great choice and commend you for buying lots of ammo and actually wringing it and you out. I used to build them, shoot awhile and sale them to build another. Now my 2 primaries get shot 90% of the time. My Recce and SBR the remaining 10%. Last year I bought 7,000 rounds and probably 3,000 this year. The guns run so I shoot them. The shooter is generally the weak link with the system, not a quality carbine.

duece71
07-12-11, 06:34
Looks good. Keep shooting it, like seb5 said. Buy ammo and more magazines.

Markasaurus
07-12-11, 17:24
That is a sweet looking gun. Two questions: what it cost you altogether? And why choose a full auto BCG?

johnd3906
07-12-11, 21:39
About 1250 total without ammo thats including optics and mags and shipping. I can break it down piece by piece if anyone would benefit. Most parts were bought from site sponsors.

johnd3906
07-12-11, 21:40
The reason i bought the full auto carrier is for the fully shrouded firing pin.