PDA

View Full Version : SSK Industries?

theoak
07-11-11, 20:51
Has anyone ever ordered from SSK Industries before? What was your experience?

I'm asking because I previously gave SSK a $300 deposit for an upper, however, I placed the order on hold within a week so I could decide on options. I later asked for a refund and told them I intended on placing an order in the near future, I just didn't want to leave a deposit indefinitely.

They have refused to give me a refund, and now they won't respond to any of my correspondence. I wanted to order an upper from them at some point, but I'm reluctant to send them more money after what has happened so far. I would just let it go, but $300 is a lot of money for me to lose.

GIJew766
07-11-11, 21:48
Save all correspondence and notify your state's Attorney General.

H

13MPG
07-12-11, 00:20
How did you pay your deposit? Do they have a refund policy listed anywhere?

Iraqgunz
07-12-11, 00:55
Their website is very barebones and they didn't have much info at all about orders, refunds, etc...

How did you pay your deposit? Do they have a refund policy listed anywhere?

Iraqgunz
07-12-11, 01:00
Send emails- they can be tracked and printed as well as send them a letter certified mail with delivery confirmation. Their website didn't have anything I would find in regards to refunds or cancellations.

Contact the BBB and the AG's office.

Has anyone ever ordered from SSK Industries before? What was your experience?

I'm asking because I previously gave SSK a $300 deposit for an upper, however, I placed the order on hold within a week so I could decide on options. I later asked for a refund and told them I intended on placing an order in the near future, I just didn't want to leave a deposit indefinitely.

They have refused to give me a refund, and now they won't respond to any of my correspondence. I wanted to order an upper from them at some point, but I'm reluctant to send them more money after what has happened so far. I would just let it go, but $300 is a lot of money for me to lose.

DJK
07-12-11, 04:11
Is this SSK and JD Jones in Ohio or another SSK?:confused: If this is SSK in Ohio, call and talk to JD himself.

Iraqgunz
07-12-11, 12:07
Did you read the OP's post? He stated that they are not responding to his correspondence. As far as I know it is the same JD Jones.

Is this SSK and JD Jones in Ohio or another SSK?:confused: If this is SSK in Ohio, call and talk to JD himself.

DJK
07-12-11, 13:45
Did you read the OP's post? He stated that they are not responding to his correspondence. As far as I know it is the same JD Jones.

Yes, I did. That is why I asked if he called and talked to JD himself. In the world of handgun hunting, SSK and JD Jones are considered the best. I have had a custom gun built by SSK, plus I have purchased several custom barrels. I have talked to JD numerous times over the years and have found him to be very opinionated, but extremely helpful in his advice. He has never tried to sell me something that I didn't need and I have never had or heard of any quality issues with his products. I would say that I am a satisfied repeat customer. That is why I am surprised by the response or lack of a response to the OP by SSK concerning his requested refund.

theoak
07-27-11, 17:17
I didn't deal directly with JD Jones, although I did talk to him on the phone once about the 300 Whisper.

I previously had been dealing with someone named "Tammy", who said that she would give me a refund for my deposit. I assumed that she refunded my CC, however when I checked my statement there was no refund.

Recently I had been dealing with someone named "Jeannie" who hasn't been very personable. She never gave me an explanation as to why I wasn't previously given a refund. She told me that at present they will not give me a refund, however I have a $300 SSK credit, and that I now have to pay 100% of the price up front to order an upper or rifle.

Seeing as I am already out $300 without any product or service having been received, I am now reluctant to send them any more money. As a compromise, I asked if they would send me $300 worth of .223 ammo at a fair market price, but at this point they stopped responding to my e-mails.

I'll either have to report it to the BBB and/or my state's Consumer Protection Agency, or just forget about it and let SSK keep the $300. It just seems like a poor way to do business, as I really wanted to order an upper from them at some point.

Iraqgunz
07-27-11, 17:46
Contact the credit card company and dispute the charges.

I didn't deal directly with JD Jones, although I did talk to him on the phone once about the 300 Whisper.

I previously had been dealing with someone named "Tammy", who said that she would give me a refund for my deposit. I assumed that she refunded my CC, however when I checked my statement there was no refund.

Recently I had been dealing with someone named "Jeannie" who hasn't been very personable. She never gave me an explanation as to why I wasn't previously given a refund. She told me that at present they will not give me a refund, however I have a $300 SSK credit, and that I now have to pay 100% of the price up front to order an upper or rifle.

Seeing as I am already out $300 without any product or service having been received, I am now reluctant to send them any more money. As a compromise, I asked if they would send me $300 worth of .223 ammo at a fair market price, but at this point they stopped responding to my e-mails.

I'll either have to report it to the BBB and/or my state's Consumer Protection Agency, or just forget about it and let SSK keep the $300. It just seems like a poor way to do business, as I really wanted to order an upper from them at some point.