PDA

View Full Version : Talon Grip

Triple7
07-11-11, 21:38
Just got a Talon Grip for the Glock 17 G2....man this thing is nice. Great grip (sandpaper) and it pulls great with or without gloves on. No more issues with sweaty palms. lol

JonInWA
07-13-11, 15:55
I've considered them, especially for my G21, but ultimately simply went with the cut-to-size mountain bike inner tube grip sleeve. It's thin, does the job, seems not to move with use, and the cost was right (free from a local bike shop I patronize).

The inner tube provides me with just the right amount of grippiness without abrasion.

Best, Jon

Redhat
07-13-11, 20:33
I've considered them, especially for my G21, but ultimately simply went with the cut-to-size mountain bike inner tube grip sleeve. It's thin, does the job, seems not to move with use, and the cost was right (free from a local bike shop I patronize).

The inner tube provides me with just the right amount of grippiness without abrasion.

Best, Jon

Any issues with it "grabbing" clothing?

Thanks

JonInWA
07-13-11, 20:59
Any issues with it "grabbing" clothing?

Thanks

None whatsoever, either with a normal jacket, sweater, or competition concealment vest. My G21 is normally carried in a Blade-Tech IWB, and grabbing was something I was definitely on the lookout for from the onset.

The innertube approach has provided me with a solution in that it's thin, and eliminated any hand/frame slipperiness from persperation. Unlike the Hogue Handall grip, which I'd used previously on several different guns, the innertube does not seem to slip or move on the receiver under use.

At least for the time being, this solution has single-handedly (no pun intended) pretty much eliminated my perceived need to go to a Gen4 G21, as I index well with the Gen 3 G21, and have no issues or difficulties with the Gen 3 magazine release or grip size in general-and my Gen 3 has been impeccibly reliable.

Best, Jon