PDA

View Full Version : ATF to require gun buyer information in states that border Mexico

Moose-Knuckle
07-12-11, 01:06
So now we need MORE regulation to "stop" what they allowed to happen in the first place. . .:confused:

http://news.yahoo.com/atf-require-gun-buyer-information-border-213420855.html

Under the new policy, federal firearms licensees in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico must report purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. The requirement applies to purchases of semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22.

ReaperAZ
07-12-11, 08:09
I expected they would come up with something new due to this whole ordeal. I'm not too worried though. I know where I stand legally.

A-Bear680
07-12-11, 08:16
So now we need MORE regulation to "stop" what they [ caused ] to happen in the first place. . .:confused:

http://news.yahoo.com/atf-require-gun-buyer-information-border-213420855.html

Just an editing suggestion.
FWIW & YMMV.

ssracer
07-12-11, 08:29
I've said all along that the whole reason behind that operation was to force the issue of more gun control. What better way to prove that our "lax" gun controls are fueling the cartels in Mexico then to make sure that guns from the US make it there.

VooDoo6Actual
07-12-11, 10:08
create or contribute to the problem to justify the actions & push the agenda...

"ERO"

Events Response Outcome

Beware of the man behind the curtain...

SteyrAUG
07-12-11, 12:08

"ERO"

Events Response Outcome

Game, set, match.

J-Dub
07-12-11, 12:19
Maybe more regs should be placed on the ATF.....

Heavy Metal
07-12-11, 12:28
There is already a suit being filed to stop this. ATF has no statutory authority to make this manditory.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-12-11, 13:35
The ATF again succeeds in keeping the sheeple's feelings from being hurt. Damn the constitution, damn liberty, damn the whole American system, lets reign in more ****ing votes. Right?:suicide2:

Iraqgunz
07-12-11, 14:50
I have sent an email to Senator Issa requesting that Congress intervene. Shit was being reported voluntarily and the we were being duped all the way from the White House to the streets of America.

This is the kind of stuff that makes people lose confidence in their government.

Moose-Knuckle
07-13-11, 05:12

"ERO"

Events Response Outcome

False flag ops and the "wizard" behind the curtain, spot on.

To echo Steyr. . .checkmate.

I have sent an email to Senator Issa requesting that Congress intervene. Shit was being reported voluntarily and the we were being duped all the way from the White House to the streets of America.

Good on you, being a resident of one of the states effected by this I need to get on the ball and send correspondence to my employee on The Hill as well.

This is the kind of stuff that makes people lose confidence in their government.

And fear them.

platoonDaddy
07-13-11, 09:22
July 12, 2011 at 6:51am by Buck Sexton
Today the administration’s plans are beginning to come into effect. Through an Executive Order, the Obama administration is implementing new restrictions on the sale of certain weapons in border states, and increasing the penalties for violating certain firearms laws.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-executive-orders-impose-new-gun-rules/

R/Tdrvr
07-13-11, 10:55
Today the administration’s plans are beginning to come into effect. Through an Executive Order, the Obama administration is implementing new restrictions on the sale of certain weapons in border states, and increasing the penalties for violating certain firearms laws.

Yep. Damn the Constitution. Damn the American people.

I'm totally convinced that Obama is out to destroy the United States of America.

VooDoo6Actual
07-13-11, 11:05
Moose-Knuckle,
Dig that username of yours BTW,

Those other quotes are actually "Iraqgunz's".

FTR, I did not want to be credited w/ or steal his thunder.

FWIW, imo, an Executive Order ratifying a UN treaty is exactly the type of tactic/startegy/method that I would be VERY perspicacious & pyrrhonistic of.

ReaperAZ
07-13-11, 11:25

This makes me want to bang my head on a wall.

As far as legality of my purchasing of a firearm I'm not concerned. What does concern me is the fact that "We the people" now have to pay for what these people in a position of authority allowed to happen.

GermanSynergy
07-13-11, 11:48
I feel like I woke up in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Moose-Knuckle
07-14-11, 04:11
Moose-Knuckle,

Hah, most dont pick up on it.

Oops, fixed the quotes. . .didn't edit the username when I copied and pasted the sequence. Thx.

Belmont31R
07-14-11, 10:28
Moose-Knuckle,

FTR, I did not want to be credited w/ or steal his thunder.

FWIW, imo, an Executive Order ratifying a UN treaty is exactly the type of tactic/startegy/method that I would be VERY perspicacious & pyrrhonistic of.

Treaties have to be ratified by 2/3rds of the Senate, and they cannot use treaties to violate the Constitution. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land not UN treaties. Constitution takes precedence.

VooDoo6Actual
07-14-11, 10:58
I'm not going to discuss the scemantics / contextual meaning / potential convoluted or perceived interpretation(s) or flow chart of the insurrection act / 2007 Defense Appropriations Bill / H.R. 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 et alia.

Way too busy for that & not going to step on that claymore/trip line or into that "KZ" on this venue. I did not say it would be successful. What I said & implied was to be vigilant/watchful.

While I can't comment with certitude, I'm fairly certain we are in agreement regarding the constitution & it's meaning. It's the other people's interpretations/agendas I'm concerend with.

I'm sure it will work out.

thopkins22
07-14-11, 10:59
Treaties have to be ratified by 2/3rds of the Senate, and they cannot use treaties to violate the Constitution. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land not UN treaties. Constitution takes precedence.

"Congress shall write no law," "shall not be infringed," and on and on.

You're right...but it happens all the time anyway.

Moose-Knuckle
07-14-11, 23:11

While I agree with you. . .

We the people have not lived under Constitutional law for at least the last 50 years. I don't think people understand just how far down the slippery slope we've gone.