PDA

View Full Version : Adcor Defense Gas Piston Rifle

JockItch
07-12-11, 22:25
One of the employees at my local gun shop just picked up an Adcor Gas Piston upper.It looks awesome. I already have 2 POFs and a LMT piston gun. Its got me thinking of getting another. Dose anyone here ever had any experience with Adcor rifles? THe Adcor web sight doesn't give you much.

AMMOTECH
07-14-11, 18:28
Some vids: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Adcor+Defence&aq=f

I don't have one nor do I have a need for a piston gun but with that being said here is what I know: Some of their barrels are made by FN. :cool:

Web Architect
07-14-11, 18:32
Pretty neat if you're into it. I took one apart the other day. I plan on shooting it at some point.

Viper_XDm
07-17-11, 01:49
I have one...... :D

Its very nice rifle, the fit and finish are really good, the trigger is not great but is getting better after about 1000 rounds of a mix of .223 and 5.56. I am saving for a trigger upgrade at some point but for now its functional. I have eotech exps 2 on it and can say its surprised me how accurate the rifle is with no magnification assistance, its better than I am.

I did have a charging handle failure (see thread) where the very tip broke clean off one day during a range session. I already had a new BCM Gunfighter charging handle on order so I have that installed now, but the factory sent me a new one right away no questions asked. Anyway the forward charging handle is my preference for ease of access.

I had a chance to visit with the company reps before my purchase and they completely disassmebled everything to show the differences in the design. I am a mechanical engineer by trade and was greatly impressed by the attention to detail and the overall mechanical design. I have had only limited experience with the AR platform prior to this purchase so I can't really compare it to DI systems.

I was very impressed with the independant testing by H.P. White where they put 6000 rounds through the rifle with zero failures. If you read that report they even did accuracy testing and produce groups of sub 1 MOA.

Yeah I like mine and the overall design, but I understand it may not be for everyone.

wetidlerjr
07-17-11, 06:30
One of the employees at my local gun shop just picked up an Adcor Gas Piston upper.It looks awesome. I already have 2 POFs and a LMT piston gun. Its got me thinking of getting another. Dose anyone here ever had any experience with Adcor rifles? THe Adcor web sight doesn't give you much.

Click on the gold color "Search" button at the top of the page and type in ADCOR B.E.A.R and you will get more info. :cool:

Tiny86
07-17-11, 18:09
I played around with one of these at a shop. We broke it down and looked at the bolt design. The concept looks good to me. (I'm no expert!) The integrated dust cover is kinda cool. I'm going to try and get in on a test run of this gun that my buddy is going to do with a full auto one.
I really have to wonder is anyone going to be able to really use the front charging handle under stress when its folded down?