PDA

View Full Version : Sure Fire/VTAC L4?

Fire_Medic
07-13-11, 08:19
I have been on a search for a new light for my AR, sold one of my X300's to go towards this. I came across the Surefire/Viking Tactics L4 weapon light/ mount combo, has anyone had any experience with this light? It comes already with a KX2 head which itself cost $100, and the light is half what a mini scout/scout would cost?

I'm just curious if this light is G2G, and if there's much the scout or mini scout do that would make them worth twice as much as this light?

Thanks
FM

aaron_c
07-13-11, 10:22
If you are wanting a mini scout alternative, did you see the Mini-L4/VTAC combo? I think it was $10 cheaper if memory serves. I was going to get it but the gun fund started running dry. Both seem like great options.

Fire_Medic
07-13-11, 10:30
You know in all the back and forth I didn't realize there was an L4 AND a mini L4........
:suicide2:

aaron_c
07-13-11, 11:53
From the research I did when I was shopping around, there won't be a much the scouts have over this. I guess the scouts have a built in tape switch instead of tailcap button, right? I still may buy the Mini-L4 when funds permit, and move the G2X over to an EDC role.