PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. #19 LD

Sleeper362
07-13-11, 16:13
Anyone have any experience with this mount for ACOGs? If so how is it? I got one for less than $40 and it is tempting me to try it out. Is it worth the cost of the ammo to get it dialed in? Or should I just wait till I get a LaRue mount? Opinions are encouraged but real world experience is appreciated. Oh the TA31H-G is already mounted on the stock TA51 and it is so dialed in it is a sure shot. Don't know if the change is worth the ammo to dial it in again or the loss of zero.

masakari
07-13-11, 20:59
I have the LaRue, and have used the ARMS, and the LaRue is faaaarrr better, id wait for that.
otherwise, you can use a laser/laser boresight at a specific range to get your ACOG back on target after getting the new mount if already seroed now. Install it now, note position in FOV through ACOG, swap mounts, adjust accordingly. Then fire and adjust the tiny bit necessary.

Sleeper362
07-13-11, 21:26
I have the LaRue, and have used the ARMS, and the LaRue is faaaarrr better, id wait for that.
otherwise, you can use a laser/laser boresight at a specific range to get your ACOG back on target after getting the new mount if already seroed now. Install it now, note position in FOV through ACOG, swap mounts, adjust accordingly. Then fire and adjust the tiny bit necessary.
Right on. I never thought about using a laser boresighter like that. Great Idea.