PDA

View Full Version : What trucks and 4x4's are available in Australia, not in the USA?

Phazuka
07-13-11, 22:11
I was going to get an early model 4x4 RAV4, 2dr convertible model for beach cruising and light offroad driving in Oz. I was looking at Hilux's also. What's the insurgent truck of choice? What the PMC truck of choice?

skyugo
07-13-11, 22:26
i believe you can get all the cool diesel versions of toyota trucks there...

vacation? or you moving there?

Phazuka
07-13-11, 22:40
i believe you can get all the cool diesel versions of toyota trucks there...

vacation? or you moving there?

Moving there for a few years.

On a related topic, what non-firearms related hobbies should I pick up while there? I'll be right on the beach so, I'm thinking fishing, light off roading, scuba diving and bird watching......:lol:

Honu
07-14-11, 01:00
for off road stuff check out www.expeditionportal.com kinda like the M4 of the expedition world

get into off road camping :) get a cool trailer setup and spend some time exploring

diving is cool but its more off the coast not shore dives their so you will need a boat or go on boats (I taught scuba for 15 years) do it very fun if you have not though

I would get a cool toyota hilux of some kind for sure

CarlosDJackal
07-14-11, 14:10
Moving there for a few years.

On a related topic, what non-firearms related hobbies should I pick up while there? I'll be right on the beach so, I'm thinking fishing, light off roading, scuba diving and bird watching......:lol:

Salty wrestling?

Moose-Knuckle
07-15-11, 03:12

Man, if I had the opportunity I'd take up girl watching full time. I have always had a weak spot for Aussie lasses!

Have fun and be safe, as the fauna of Australia is amazing yet also some of the deadlist in the world! :eek:

http://www.yesaustralia.com/Curiosidades-animaising.htm

Phazuka
07-15-11, 17:18
I want to get out camping and hiking but I don't know with all the poisonous things there, it seems everything is out to kill you there! Maybe the ladies are just as dangerous!? :cool:

Is the ratio of Aussie women to men really 10 to 1?

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-11, 01:40
Is the ratio of Aussie women to men really 10 to 1?

No. :(

At 30 June 2010, the sex ratio of the total population for Australia was 99.2 males per 100 females.

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/3201.0

duece71
07-17-11, 18:48
Might as well get into the national Australian pastime......Beer drinking.