thopkins22
07-14-11, 10:42
I love that he won.

Iraq Ninja
07-14-11, 11:52
I love that he won.

Turns out Jeff Bloovman was a student of Yeager's at one time

http://www.armeddynamics.com/news.html

Yeager looked to be a better shape than the old days, but it was the younger guy who beat all the older, buffed up dudes. Aerobic conditioning often trumps big muscles I guess :)

rob_s
07-14-11, 12:26
I think he won because he was smart, and because he wasn't stuck in "this is the way this is supposed to be done" he just did it. The reinforced door was a perfect example, where everyone else went for the lock/2x4 because they were obsessed with opening the whole door. He, rightfully, realized that what he needed to do was get through the door, not open it. Same with the wall. Interesting to note that Yeager insisted on opening both doors towards himself when they were clearly meant to open away from him.

R Moran
07-14-11, 12:46
Another hour of my life I'll never get back, shoulda went to the titty bar.

The kid won, because its a silly, contrived, almost scripted game. He watched what another guy was doing, emulated it, and caught a few breaks. IE: the way the key dropped.

So now, a smart mouth, punk of a kid,(probably selected for the show, for that very reason),that never served in any capacity, is now better then " Delta", 'cause he won a game show:rolleyes:

I know a few real deal, and current SOF types, US Marshall's, LEO's, SWAT types, hell a few mall security types, that would stomp a mudhole in that punk, any day of the week.

Sorry, I've heard to much smack talk from guys like him, who won some competition, or FoF in a very narrow, scripted environment, & declare themselves "better" then XXXXX because of it:mad:

Bob

Iraqgunz
07-14-11, 14:03
They should have added a stress driving portion involving and manual shift transmission. Maybe some artillery simulators and gunfire in the background.

CarlosDJackal
07-14-11, 14:09
It seemed to me that it was like a shorter version of "Top Shot" with other BS thrown into it. Not exactly a show I have plans to watch again.

I would rather watch SpongBob SquarePants. :suicide2:

R Moran
07-14-11, 14:29
They should have added a stress driving portion involving and manual shift transmission. Maybe some artillery simulators and gunfire in the background.

:lol:

GermanSynergy
07-14-11, 14:38
The commercials prior to the episodes were really annoying.......:mad:

SWATcop556
07-14-11, 15:02
This and Sons of Guns before it are a complete joke. My father in law loves Sons of Guns and I have to sit through it every now and then. I DVRd this on and it was exactly what I thought it would be.

Dennis
07-14-11, 16:17
I wish we had solid doors to break through in our shoot houses instead of ones that swing open with the breeze... :p

Dennis.

Bowser
07-14-11, 16:31

And MP5 long range shots?

sandman99and9
07-14-11, 17:24
This and Sons of Guns before it are a complete joke. My father in law loves Sons of Guns and I have to sit through it every now and then. I DVRd this on and it was exactly what I thought it would be.

I caught sons of guns last night and tried to watch and be objective....

That is one show full of ****tards that I can not watch again !!!

3 M4's mounted together to fire at the same time ?? What the hell is that pile of shit supposed to be ? I thought I would never watch again after they ****ed up that nice thompson to make a "S.W.A.T." cqb weapon with all of Will's stupid comments but I really tried.

Those clowns make all gun owners look like a bunch of ignorant, unsafe rednecks.
Maybe that is the plan.......................

S.M.

theblackknight
07-14-11, 18:08
Im kinda glad I cant watch the whole thing online. Anything w James Safety First Yeager cant be good.

Ironman8
07-14-11, 18:59
I couldn't get passed how gay the host's voice was. I know he was prior SF and all, but either he or the production crew tried to make him sound real gruff or macho (whatever you wanna call it)....he was definitely trying too hard...

Steve
07-14-11, 19:19

The kid won, because its a silly, contrived, almost scripted game. He watched what another guy was doing, emulated it, and caught a few breaks. IE: the way the key dropped.

So now, a smart mouth, punk of a kid,(probably selected for the show, for that very reason),that never served in any capacity, is now better then " Delta", 'cause he won a game show:rolleyes:

I know a few real deal, and current SOF types, US Marshall's, LEO's, SWAT types, hell a few mall security types, that would stomp a mudhole in that punk, any day of the week.

Sorry, I've heard to much smack talk from guys like him, who won some competition, or FoF in a very narrow, scripted environment, & declare themselves "better" then XXXXX because of it:mad:

Bob

Dont bet on it, I know the punk kid

Irish
07-14-11, 19:58

Well played sir!

R Moran
07-14-11, 20:05
Dont bet on it, I know the punk kid

Yea, but don't know the guys I'm talking about;)....:D

Bob

Heavy Metal
07-14-11, 20:28
Occasionally, you can get a really dialed-in civvy.

I have a friend who travels to sniper competitions. Neither he or his partner have a military background.

He won the Allgheny Snipers challenge back in 08 IIRC. He beat the US Secret Service's top team. Boy did they hate losing to a civvie!

Ironman8
07-14-11, 21:08
I think I would still put my money on the Delta guy if that showdown actually took place...just sayin.

Fire_Medic
07-14-11, 22:55
Yeager looked to be a better shape than the old days

I was on shift and caught the show where they were trying to get through the walls. I didn't recognize him at all at first but you can't mistake his voice, when it finally came to me who it was I was shocked. He left half of himself behind somewhere lol. Good for him, but yeah like you said, in these types of scenarios, cardio is king.

ForTehNguyen
07-14-11, 23:04
I enjoyed the breeching and jailbreak parts the most. Breeching part looked rough. The kid definitely played smarter.

rob_s
07-15-11, 06:00

Bob

Well, they are "better" in that environment of that match on that day. That's what competition does, it determines who was better at that moment. Which is different from beating an SF Soldier at IDPA and declaring yourself the better warfighter, which I don't think this kid did (although the show may have tried to make it seem that way) but which is something that often gets perceived when it is not intended.

In the case of this show, I think the Delta guy's prior training worked against him, as did the context. He wanted to open the door, not get through the door. and in terms of one person emulating another, he only got through the door after watching what the kid did (which is smart, learning from those that went before you) while Yeager insisted on being pig-headed and pounding on the lock in spite of watching the other two guys go through first by bashing out the bottom of the door (this is what cost him the race, truthfully). Delta guy only took the bed apart after watching the kid do it, and IIRC even said as much.

It's a stupid-ass show. The name is ridiculous and the "tests" they put them through hardly have anything to do with being a "one man army". I wouldn't read too much into it in either direction though.

ThirdWatcher
07-15-11, 06:40
I think I would still put my money on the Delta guy if that showdown actually took place...just sayin.

+1... damn straight.