PDA

View Full Version : TA33 or Middy Upper

ffhounddog
07-14-11, 11:42
I have a chance to get one of these and I am trying to figure out if I want a TA33H Acog or get a 16inch middy upper. I am on my drill and uselly get one or the other.

I have 4 CCO's (2 CompM4 and 2 Comp M2s) and have them on 4 M4 rifles. One of the 16 inch M4s and a Glock 19 will be left at my parents house because I am tired of traveling to Florida and Alabama with guns when I have to fly. I have a spare lower in the house and I just want to get something that is different and I have been wanting a TA33H for awhile but I have a 3X magnifier for my Comp M4's as well that I use and could just buy a Aimpoint Pro for a little less and rotate the magnifier or get another magnifier at a later date.

I know it depends on the build but I was thinking...a middy recce type since I already have a M4 and a Lwrci M6 that is the way I want for my shooting. I shoot alot and I just got a 5.45 upper that will see alot more shooting time since I have 5K at the house.

I have plenty of handguns Sigs and Glocks so do not need another at this time.

ffh

Fire_Medic
07-14-11, 13:50
Sounds like you need to decide what you want more, to finish a rifle with the lower you have, or to have the ACOG. If you have a magnifier, depending on the type of shooting you do it will be cheaper to run a pro with the magnifier you already have. I have a feeling that if you get the ACOG you will still be "bothered" by that unfinished lower, so I say get the middy. If you want to be different, get a light weight upper this time.
;)

jonconsiglio
07-14-11, 13:57
With 4 finished ARs all with Aimpoints, I would add the ACOG at this point unless the upper you want does something extraordinarily well that your others do not. Even then, I'd probably vote for the ACOG.

Jon

Biz Kizzle
07-14-11, 15:16
i'd say go witht he acog if you can get a deal on it.
or the upper if you get a better deal on it.
at all times i have a short list of things that i want/need.
whatever i see on my list for the lowest price in relation to the usual price is what i end up getting.

also, i have a TA33 and it is very nice... :smile:

seb5
07-14-11, 21:44
With 4 rifles I vote Acog. You can use a Larue mount and pre zero it with one rifle. There were 2 TA33's in the equipment exchange recently. My favorite is the TA33HG.

brzusa.1911
07-14-11, 22:35
I recently bought a TA33H - really like the Amber reticle. I will definitely get another one for my next rifle.

masakari
07-15-11, 09:34
I also say TA33. I have one and love it.