PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp M3 Lens Cover Removal

Blaidd Drwg
07-14-11, 18:28
I just got an Aimpoint Comp M3 and part of the instructions for putting on the protective rubber cover is to first remove the lens covers. Unfortunately, the instructions are lackng in how to do this. Not wanting to damage it immediately, I'm looking for some help. Does anyone with a comp M3 know the correct method for removing the covers?

nimdabew
07-14-11, 21:35
Yep.

1. Take Aimpoint out of the box

2. With the blood of 4 virg... Ahem... Pull off the lens caps off the aimpoint by grabbing them at the base of the lens caps and pulling by the base of the caps. They are made of rubber and should slip off with a little fenaggling.

3. ????

4. profit!

Ironman8
07-15-11, 00:59
Dude, its an Aimpoint. You're not going to break it by taking off a tight lense cover. Just rip it off and don't baby it.

BCmJUnKie
07-15-11, 01:36
Dude, its an Aimpoint. You're not going to break it by taking off a tight lense cover. Just rip it off and don't baby it.

:lol: You guys are too much. I love it

Ya man, let the balls hang, put some bass in your voice and rip it off!

You aint gonna break it. Try a small flathead, the new lens covers are stiff, then just work it around.

aaron_c
07-15-11, 16:59
I thought mine were at least semi-permanently affixed when it was new as well. One day I was shooting in the sun/heat and I bumped one on something and it twisted easily. After I turned them a few times to get them oriented how I wanted, they were never difficult to move again (almost moved too easily really).

BudJr
07-15-11, 17:40
I just got an Aimpoint Comp M3 and part of the instructions for putting on the protective rubber cover is to first remove the lens covers. Unfortunately, the instructions are lackng in how to do this. Not wanting to damage it immediately, I'm looking for some help. Does anyone with a comp M3 know the correct method for removing the covers?

I hold the scope in both hands, and with both thumbs press on the cap at the joint. With enough pressure the cap body will bend enough to slip off. New caps are a bitch but they will give.

Blaidd Drwg
07-15-11, 19:04
(using my best deep voice, grabbing and squeezing, and sacrificing three who claimed to be) I managed to rip the covers off and only ruined the polish on one dainty nail. JUST KIDDING Thanks all for the advice

arizonaranchman
07-16-11, 14:44
A ball peen hammer and brass drift! :)