PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one not getting notifications of reply?

panzerr
07-14-11, 20:36
I'm sub'ed to many threads and am not receiving emails for replies and PMs...nothing in my spam box so I'm not certain what is going on.

Ironman8
07-14-11, 21:31
Check your preferences...may have gotten turned off somehow.

I occasionally don't get email notifications for PMs, but I've turned off my thread notifications...

panzerr
07-15-11, 09:48
Check your preferences...may have gotten turned off somehow.

I occasionally don't get email notifications for PMs, but I've turned off my thread notifications...

Hmmm, thanks, I looked but they are all GTG. Not sure what is going on here.

panzerr
07-16-11, 14:55
fingered it out

Bret
01-02-12, 17:35
Please enlighten me as to what you figured out. I'm not getting notifications and I'm 99% sure that everything is set correctly. I do get email notifications from every other discussion forum that I'm a member of.

NitroDave08
01-03-12, 07:35
Heck I keep getting emails when I have everything turned off

DrMark
02-26-12, 13:36
Any insight here regarding things to try?

My preferences are set for instant notification, e-mail addy is correct, people are posting in my subscribed threads, and yet I haven't received one in a year or more.

NavyDavy55
03-01-12, 10:52
Any insight here regarding things to try?

My preferences are set for instant notification, e-mail addy is correct, people are posting in my subscribed threads, and yet I haven't received one in a year or more.

I'm getting the same thing. Instant notification set and no emails for a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

dmaxfireman
03-01-12, 10:58
I have instant notification set up for email for certain threads and get nothing at all. Nothing in spam folders either.

Pilgrim
03-01-12, 11:06
I never get any notifications either... I thought it was just us SI guys getting hazed ;).

PM's working fine though.

rcpd34
03-17-12, 19:31
I get NO notifications of any subscribed threads or even PM notifications. Seems to be a common problem here. How do we get this addressed?

Bret
03-18-12, 17:58
I've asked about this a couple of times. I get the impression that whoever's in charge doesn't really think it's an issue or doesn't really care to both with it.

ColdDeadHands
03-20-12, 10:36
I have instant notification set up for email for certain threads and get nothing at all. Nothing in spam folders either.

same here.

JSantoro
03-20-12, 14:37
Gents, the last time this happened to me (about 6mos ago), I physically logged out of the forum (meaning hit the "Log Out" button, not just closed the browser), signed back on, re-set my preferences and saved them. It worked.

If that doesn't fly, roger up to me here or via PM, please.

Bret, given the following:
-that I see no PMs from you in my Inbox,
-that you didn't PM any other members of the mods/staff,
-and that there is no record of you using the Report Post button to lodge a gripe in a way that guarantees immeditate visibility by ALL members of the staff...

...my impression is that, of all the folks that posted in this thread, nobody did any of the above.

HOWEVER, you're the only one that thinks it's okay to make candy-assed, passive-agressive shit-talking posts about the forum's owners and their representatives based upon the flawed idea that we're all somehow omnipotent, and have the capability to see a public thread...prior to seeing it. How the hell does THAT work...? Who are we, bloody Kreskin...(look it up)?

Don't bother answering that.

You other forums failed you, in that they have apparrently conditioned you to think that you can post that kind of horseshit, without the benefit of a complete due-diligence on your part, and not be held accountable for your words.

ColdDeadHands
03-20-12, 20:10
Gents, the last time this happened to me (about 6mos ago), I physically logged out of the forum (meaning hit the "Log Out" button, not just closed the browser), signed back on, re-set my preferences and saved them. It worked.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give that a try...I assume I need to log out on all my devices. The last time I got a notification was more then a year ago.

JSantoro
03-21-12, 12:45
I can't be certain.

I have a smartphone, have used it perhaps twice to access the forum, and did precisely nothing with it when I conducted my re-set via my laptop. Somebody that frequently accesses the forum via other mobile devices may face different circumstances.

ggp2jz
03-21-12, 15:45
Please tell me how you got it to stop lol. I hate recieving the notifications and have looked everywhere on how to turn them off without having to unsubscribe from every thread everytime I make a post.

Bret
03-22-12, 21:55
JSantoro, before you start on a name calling personal attack, I believe that you should first gather all of the facts. The fact is that I did attempt to resolve this issue. On 1-26-10 I began by posting this thread:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45777
A couple of days later I sent a PM to Robb Jensen, but didn't receive a response. A couple of weeks later, STAFF responded to the post by asking if I had everything setup correctly. I responded that I did. On 1-2-11 (a year later), I again posted that I was still not receiving notifications. STAFF made some sort of attempt to resolve the issue, but it didn't work. The next day M4arc asked me to PM him my email address, so I did. Nothing changed. As you can see, I posted several times to a thread that I created regarding the problem and sent PM's to two mods/staff.

However, as just a member of this forum who likes to contribute and support the site sponsors when I can, I really am not in a position to demand anything of anybody here. I made several attempts to communicate the problem, but it is still unresolved. The impression that I was left with is that it's not viewed as a real problem or it has been decided that it's not worth bothering with. Sorry if you're offended by it, but that's just the impression that I was left with, right or wrong.

The bottom line here is that your assertion that I didn't communicate in an attempt to resolve this issue is dead wrong. Furthermore, I'm surprised that as a moderator on this forum you would feel that it's OK to go on a name calling personal attack and break the forum's first rule of posting:

1) Derogatory Remarks – Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

DrMark
06-14-12, 15:26
I still get no notices, FYI.

Bret
12-15-12, 10:54
Good news! For some reason I just starting receiving notifications a couple of days ago. Nothing changed on my end, so perhaps someone fixed something here. If so, thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll keep getting them.

NavyDavy55
12-15-12, 10:59
Me too. A couple days ago I started getting email notifications to threads I subscribed to. First time in a long time. Hope it stays for a while. Didn't change a thing on my end.

rcpd34
12-15-12, 10:59
I got this as a notification. Maybe someone checked a box somewhere.

Rinspeed
12-15-12, 11:51
Pretty funny, I too just started getting notifications in the last week or so.

Ballistic Agency
12-15-12, 21:24
Yep. I made a workaround for certain email providers so you guys could get your notifications. Enjoy!

Bret
12-15-12, 22:40
Your efforts are definitely appreciated!

Ballistic Agency
12-15-12, 23:00
One by one I'm getting the bugs worked out. Still have a long way to go though.

DrMark
12-22-12, 12:35
That would be cool.

I don't think I've gotten replies in years.

It's cut down on my participation here. Not consciously, but reminders that your threads are active tend to bring you back.

Rinspeed
12-22-12, 15:46
Yep. I made a workaround for certain email providers so you guys could get your notifications. Enjoy!

Thank you sir.