PDA

View Full Version : My New AK47 Side Scope Mount

Markasaurus
07-15-11, 12:09
I bought it from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Palco-Sports-Side-Scope-Mount/dp/B004IXWQG6/ref=sr_1_7?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=13

This mount was exactly what i was looking for in terms of looks and price - i didn't want to spend very much - so i bought it. It cost $28 bucks with shipping.

I just got it today. It slid right on with no adjustment and seems rock solid. I haven't shot the rifle with it on yet though. Here's some pics. Scope is an NCStar with lighted reticle that cost me $90. I intend to use this same scope on both my Stag AR and the AK, for now.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/marc780/SCOPE-MT009.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/marc780/SCOPE-MT-007.jpg

Miami_JBT
07-15-11, 13:24
Is that a 10rd single Stack WASR?

helothar
07-15-11, 15:36
I believe that mount is made for airsoft guns, I wouldn't count on it holding up very well

bm176
07-15-11, 17:41
i would be cautious if it cost $18 bucks, and no markings to indicate maker, but let us know how it holds up

Iraq Ninja
07-15-11, 19:25
Palco Sports = airsoft.

What you have is an airsoft mount and not something designed for a real AK.

That scope and mount may be ok as long as you don't shoot it.

Just because it looks like the real thing doesn't mean it was designed for it.

Markasaurus
07-15-11, 20:19
Is that a 10rd single Stack WASR?

Yes, Kalifornia model. It costs $100 less then the double stack WASR. It only takes 10 round single stack mags, note the insane mag release cover we have to have in this stupid state. "Evil features".

Markasaurus
07-15-11, 20:22
I believe that mount is made for airsoft guns, I wouldn't count on it holding up very well

I read the reviews before i bought it, other people say it is fine on a real AK. If you could see the mount and hold it in your hands you might change your opinion. like i said it mounts rock solid and it holds pretty tight.

If it fails to hold, which i doubt, i'll cut off the quick release fastener and just put in something that can be made to hold tighter (the quick release has no adjustment possible).

DireWulf
07-16-11, 03:22
I read the reviews before i bought it, other people say it is fine on a real AK. If you could see the mount and hold it in your hands you might change your opinion. like i said it mounts rock solid and it holds pretty tight.

If it fails to hold, which i doubt, i'll cut off the quick release fastener and just put in something that can be made to hold tighter (the quick release has no adjustment possible).

What is this rifle used for? If it's a plinker, then it's no big deal. However, if this rifle is something you are using for protection/defense, I think you'll find that an airsoft mount will not hold up all that well after some use. I have seen this exact mount because I bought one as a gift. My nephew uses it on the Airsoft AK that he plinks with. Wait'll you see what happens to it when you drop the rifle on the ground accidentally.

ace4059
07-16-11, 06:53
Wait'll you see what happens to it when you drop the rifle on the ground accidentally.

Ahhhh, That will give him an excuse to use his harbor freight hammer. You can always beat it back into its original configuration. :rolleyes:

msstate56
07-17-11, 06:36
In a word- FAIL.

Unless as someone else mentioned, you don't actually intend on shooting the gun, this most likely won't last.

Your optic setup is essentially the antithesis of what we normally expect here on M4carbine.

SteyrAUG
07-17-11, 15:36
I'm gonna go against the class and suggest that is the PERFECT scope and mount for a KOMMIEFORNIA model WASR 10 Ak.

:D

msstate56
07-17-11, 18:04
I'm gonna go against the class and suggest that is the PERFECT scope and mount for a KOMMIEFORNIA model WASR 10 Ak.

:D

Perhaps you're right. If you have to have a neutered rifle, why not put a scope without balls on there as well.

decodeddiesel
07-17-11, 22:18
Dear lord, this is perhaps the highest concentration of fail I have ever seen on M4C.