PDA

View Full Version : New DOT trigger for Glocks.

Dragon Slayer
07-15-11, 15:20
Glock is quietly shipping this new trigger in their new guns that improves the regular 5 pound trigger to police departments and also they are shipping the trigger separately so departments can upgrade their current Glocks.

I tried this new trigger and it is much better then the regular 5 pound trigger, it is smoother, feels lighter and the reset is much crisper then the old one.

I don't know how many have seen or shot this new trigger but I having carried Glocks for the last 20+ years was very impressed and I am hoping to get my hands on some of this new triggers so I can replace the ones in my Glocks.

If you can find one try it you will like it.:smile:

JHC
07-15-11, 16:33
I put one in a Gen 3 RTF2 G19 and I like it quite a lot. I'm hopeful that I can get some as upgrades to our Gen 4's at the GSSF this weekend.

At first I thought it indistinguishable from a minus but I was comparing a minus in a Gen 4 - ergo minus in a Gen 4 seemed much like the dot in a Gen 3. But this is just early impressions with only 450 rds on the dot.

Dragon Slayer
07-15-11, 16:47
I just got one and got it put in and shot 50 rounds through my Gen 3 Glock 26 it is great.:smile:

okie john
07-15-11, 17:46
I just got one and got it put in and shot 50 rounds through my Gen 3 Glock 26 it is great.:smile:

Where can we buy them?

Okie John

Dragon Slayer
07-15-11, 17:50
Where can we buy them?

Okie John

I have no idea, honest. Maybe JHC knows.

JHC
07-15-11, 20:27
I got mine off a shooter who just bought a Gen 4 G21 and pulled it out to swap in a minus instead. I don't know much about their availability yet.

Dragon Slayer
07-15-11, 21:13
I got mine off a shooter who just bought a Gen 4 G21 and pulled it out to swap in a minus instead. I don't know much about their availability yet.

Yes they are not available to the general public yet but one day they will be.

one
07-15-11, 23:21

Dienekes
07-16-11, 00:28
If I still owned the G17 I traded off (got TWO good old Security Sixes for it!) I would be inclined to try that or anything else that would let me shoot it decently.

When I was trying (and failing miserably) to shoot the 5# Glock I hauled out an old 1913 vintage, unmodified 1911 with the original invisible knife-blade sights and a 9# pull, and shot it better. That was the day I put the Glock back in the box.

About a year ago I picked up a Sigma 9mm and for some reason shoot it as well as I shot the Glock badly.

Just finished working on the DIL's little Ruger SP-101 and put a very nice DA pull on that.

Meanwhile the Glocks have been around since 1985 and the trigger issue is still apparently unresolved.

How many decades did American cops carry and use plain-jane S&W M&Ps (aka Model 10s) out of the box?

Not necessarily bashing, just my subjective observations from a 'few' years of shooting.

BufordTJustice
07-16-11, 02:02
The DOT connector has been available...in the form of the Ghost Ranger 4.5lb.

I have a Ghost Ranger 4.5lb in my gen4 G26 and shot a buddy's gen4 G19 w/ the DOT connector. The angles look identical and they feel identical. Other than the Ghost being a little smoother, both had strong and crisp reset and are a HUGE improvement over the std connector in gen4 guns (mine came w/ the std and it was so awful, my buddy's S&W SIGMA had a lighter trigger).

My buddy and I agreed, the connectors seem to be of the same basic design and they felt identical.

I actually prefer the Ghost Ranger 4.5lb (and now the DOT connector) to the minus connectors (previously called 3.5lb). Let-off is still crisp and the mushiness is kept to a minimum.

Yojimbo
07-16-11, 08:37
The DOT connector has been available...in the form of the Ghost Ranger 4.5lb.

I have a Ghost Ranger 4.5lb in my gen4 G26 and shot a buddy's gen4 G19 w/ the DOT connector. The angles look identical and they feel identical. Other than the Ghost being a little smoother, both had strong and crisp reset and are a HUGE improvement over the std connector in gen4 guns (mine came w/ the std and it was so awful, my buddy's S&W SIGMA had a lighter trigger).

My buddy and I agreed, the connectors seem to be of the same basic design and they felt identical.

I actually prefer the Ghost Ranger 4.5lb (and now the DOT connector) to the minus connectors (previously called 3.5lb). Let-off is still crisp and the mushiness is kept to a minimum.

That's a very interesting observation. I amy need to try one of those 4.5 Ghost Ranger connectors...