PDA

View Full Version : It is funny how wrong information is spread between forums.

Dragon Slayer
07-16-11, 11:35
I tested and was successful in getting a new DOT connector for one of my Glocks, somebody asked about this connectors on another forum mentioning I am assuming my post in this forum and got all the wrong information from people that have never seen one or tested one.

The DOT connector is nothing like a Gen 3 connector, the Gen 4 regular connectors are not heavier then prior Gen 3 connectors.
The DOT connector is lighter and cleaner and crisper then all the past connectors at least that is how I felt about it and I have been shooting Glocks for the last 20 years and carrying one also.

Some of the Glocks being sent to Police departments are coming with this new DOT connector installed in it and I do not think it is available to every body and they do feel like they are a pound lighter then prior connectors.

d90king
07-16-11, 11:45
Is that the name for that connector? I got to check it out and it was really, really nice. To me it seemed like a standard trigger pull weight but with a cleaner break and traditional reset.

Didn't know they had a special name for it and was told it was going to be going into Gen 4's...:confused:

dookie1481
07-16-11, 11:52
Here is some info on it:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?1172-Glock-quot-Dot-quot-Connector