PDA

View Full Version : POI change?

jmoore
10-25-07, 14:29
After waiting three weeks following the purchase of my first AR, I finally made it to the range this last weekend. Sighted in at 50 yards with Rem UMC 55 gr. (BTW - if you like/can tolerate this ammo, and if you live near a Farm & Fleet - they currently have it for $5.99.)

I also just rec'd a case of BH Blue box in 75 gr. Can someone give me a rough idea of where this will print at 50 yds compared to the 55 gr UMC? I know there are a lot of variables and that each weapon has ammo preferences - but I'm just looking for a rough idea. Lighter usually prints lower for pistols - is it the same with flat-shooting weapons like rifles?

Thanks!

john

PS - As much as I like to think of myself as a minimalist, I can see some optics of some type in my future:) Fifty five year old eyes and AR sights just don't cut it. I really lose the front sight in the target and get significant vertical stringing. I've order a front night sight to see if that helps - but I really think I'm headed for an Aimpoint. Now I see (pun intended:) why most everyone on the list favors optics of some type.

rob_s
10-25-07, 14:30
I don't know if you will find this at all applicable, but I did a little very informal testing of this nature with and without my suppressor.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12554&highlight=