PDA

View Full Version : Any Arkansas members ?

Gatorbait
07-17-11, 00:07
Just wonderin' who else is from the natural state????

I am in NWA, and looking for good ranges in the area.

Any rec's?

Thanks

Grizzly16
07-17-11, 06:35
I'm in central Ark, so not sure on ranges up your way. There is a nice indoor pistol range in Conway and one in Little Rock though :)

mjgonzo
07-17-11, 09:15
Ozark sportsman has a 30 yd indoor range in tonitown.
Hobbs state park has a nice 100 yd outdoor range.

lonewolf21
07-17-11, 17:13
Hell yeah, brrrp, I'm in the central part as well. Central ark shooters association is a good range. The Benton gun club is a great club as well.

Gatorbait
07-18-11, 16:06
Ozark sportsman has a 30 yd indoor range in tonitown.
Hobbs state park has a nice 100 yd outdoor range.

Thanks gonzo, will check those out.

Gatorbait
07-18-11, 16:07
Hell yeah, brrrp, I'm in the central part as well. Central ark shooters association is a good range. The Benton gun club is a great club as well.

Ya'll Central guys have some good places to go for sure...us NWA guys, not so much..

4x4twenty6
09-08-11, 15:55
Just moved to central arkansas from new orleans in May. Loving it up here so far. The gorgeous weather right now is a nice change too.

Grizzly16
09-08-11, 16:38
Just moved to central arkansas from new orleans in May. Loving it up here so far. The gorgeous weather right now is a nice change too.

How central? I'm about 30 min from LR. If you aren't too far off we should get a range trip together.

4x4twenty6
09-08-11, 16:44
I'm in LR. might have to do that when i get a free weekend.
I'm supposed to start with LRPD soon but they are waiting to start us until they know what is going on with this tax proposal.

ReRun
09-10-11, 22:05
Hey, I'm in NWA. It's pretty slim on range choices here. Hobbs has a public range but there are only a few lanes and a lot of yahoos out there. Indoor ranges at Sturms and Ozark Sportsman. Best of luck finding a place. I've been wanting to get some guys together and maybe find some private land if possible.

4x4twenty6
09-10-11, 22:20
I used to shoot on my parents property atleast once a week and the hunting club I belong is 12,000 acre piece of land, but that is 6hrs south of LR in Amite, Louisiana. I didn't have the timing or funds to
Jump in on a lease when I moved up here. Definitely plan to next year.
Now that I'm up here I have no where to shoot. It sucks.
I'm supposed to start with LRPD soon so atleast I'll do some shooting on their dollar.

seb5
09-11-11, 14:55
The Old Fort Gun Club in Van Buren has about 30 different ranges from 25-300 yards. It's as nice an outdoor range as I've ever been to. I generally use the local LEO range or friends private ranges but have considered joining the club as it's close, nice, and I like to support the locals whenever I can.

OzarkRecluse
09-26-11, 07:46
Hobbes is a really good one if you're in the Fayetteville-Bentonville area.

North
12-19-11, 01:35
My stomping woods in actually in a town of 150 people. Alleene, Ar. I get up there as much as possible. I never needed a range with all the land out there.

Edclabrat
01-22-12, 00:55
I'm in S. Ark in the El Dorado area. Anyone else down here?

Rekkr870
01-22-12, 03:30
Not El Dorado, but I am in the Moro Bay area.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Edclabrat
01-22-12, 07:06
That's not too far from me. I'm in Parker's Chapel now but grew up in Hampton. If you ever do any shooting and want some company just let me know. I'm always game for a little trigger time.

Hersh
01-22-12, 09:52
I'm in LR.

Rekkr870
02-13-12, 15:54
That's not too far from me. I'm in Parker's Chapel now but grew up in Hampton. If you ever do any shooting and want some company just let me know. I'm always game for a little trigger time.

That sounds good. I'll let you know for sure.

Prac-Com
04-23-12, 19:43
NW AR gang, just FYI: Practical Combatives has frequent training opportunities in SW MO. Great instructors, great range, and great camaraderie. Always looking for warriors to come train with us!

PM for info, or just to say "hey." Networking benefits us all!

Who are we? Practical Combatives is a very small, start-up training company in SW Missouri. We gladly accept civilians and Law Enforcement in every class. Instructors are all current Law Enforcement (including Warrant Service Team experience) and/or prior Military. Instructors have been teaching various courses since 2008, until Practical Combatives was officially formed in late 2011.

Gatorbait
04-24-12, 00:28
This sounds interesting.
PM inbound

DOA
04-24-12, 01:55
I'm in S. Ark in the El Dorado area. Anyone else down here?

Small world. I was a LEO in El Dorado for EPD years ago. Left there in 2006. I used to use the open range in Magnolia across from the gun store there.

hogfan1911
05-07-12, 16:19
Another central AR guy here.

BangBang77
06-09-12, 13:40
First post on this site.

I 2nd the opinion of the Old Fort Gun Club in Van Buren. I live in Ozark and used to shoot USPSA and 3 gun at OFGC. It is one of the top ranges I've seen.

OzarkRecluse
06-09-12, 14:48
Well, I'll have to check it out. I live north of Ozark but it would be closer to me than Hobbs.

07-22-12, 18:12
Just noticed this thread. Checking in from NW AR.

Wag
08-25-12, 21:37
Close to Harrison myself.

t00sl0w
08-25-12, 21:46
Not in AR myself but my wifes dad lives in viola so we come up there periodically..i love that area, really beautiful rolling hills.

sent from my overcompensation tool known as the galaxy note

Littlelebowski
08-25-12, 21:50
I sure miss the country and the AQ.

RuizDC5
07-01-13, 14:37
New Arkansas (NWA) member checkin' in :D

07-01-13, 17:35
not many of us here, apparently

RuizDC5
07-01-13, 22:17
I guess not lol. But I am subscribe now :)

Gatorbait
07-02-13, 18:44
Welcome to the new guys...

We are few and far between, but most keep an eye on the board

Some of us shoot at the regional clubs, or the woods....I think that most of us get some training at the DARC facility in N Little Rock eventually, and some other places as well..

Rekkr870
07-02-13, 19:39
Anybody from Southeast Arkansas?

ReRun
07-02-13, 21:46
NWA here. Haven't seen to many other members around here. Get membership to the Rogers range and you'll be gtg.

RuizDC5
07-03-13, 21:21
NWA here. Haven't seen to many other members around here. Get membership to the Rogers range and you'll be gtg.

I'm thinking about taking a basic pistol shooting course at the Nighthawk accadamey on the 21st. I wasn't raised around firearms, so everything I know has been threw word of mouth. I've been dieing to go practice shooting, but I do not want to build bad habits (improper shooting technique.)

ReRun
07-04-13, 13:05
I'm thinking about taking a basic pistol shooting course at the Nighthawk accadamey on the 21st. I wasn't raised around firearms, so everything I know has been threw word of mouth. I've been dieing to go practice shooting, but I do not want to build bad habits (improper shooting technique.)

No offense at all to the guys at Nighthawk but I've just never heard of any of their trainers. USSA in Tulsa is only a couple hours away and is regarded as a good training facility. I took one of their tactical handgun courses a little while back and while it was a little basic for my preference I still picked up some good info.

I keep planning to shoot some idpa at nighthawk to get acquainted with them but my ammo levels aren't up to par. :shout:

MandoWookie
07-15-13, 20:02
In NW AR as well.Does anyone know of any FFL's that would do transfers from G&R tactical or any other online retailers around here?

07-15-13, 20:38
In NW AR as well.Does anyone know of any FFL's that would do transfers from G&R tactical or any other online retailers around here?

give steve at Big Jon's Gun & Pawn in Springdale a call.....he's a good guy. i do all my ffl transfers through him

Grizzly16
07-15-13, 21:11
Good to meet you this weekend gator. And if I never have to wrestle my way out form underneath you again I'll be OK with life. :D

Gatorbait
07-15-13, 23:29
Good to meet you this weekend gator. And if I never have to wrestle my way out form underneath you again I'll be OK with life. :D

It was great to meet you as well.
When my wife asked who I got the brusies and simm. hits from, all I said was a Grizzly attack.......

RuizDC5
07-16-13, 06:33
give steve at Big Jon's Gun & Pawn in Springdale a call.....he's a good guy. i do all my ffl transfers through him

Yep, did my lower transfer with Big John. Price is not bad and everything went well with my transfer.

ReRun
07-16-13, 10:02
It was great to meet you as well.
When my wife asked who I got the brusies and simm. hits from, all I said was a Grizzly attack.......

Where are you guys training? I used do some grappling, etc with bloodline but those guys are all scattered around now.

I keep thinking about getting back into it but then remember that I'm getting old and pain is less fun than it was 10 years ago. :D

Gatorbait
07-16-13, 18:08
We are taking classes offered at the Direct Action Resource Center in N. Little Rock, AR. There are a couple of posts about past classes at the facility here on M4Carbine:

Grizzly's 3 Day Defensive Handgun Class AAR is here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=134869

My Carbine Class AAR is here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89861

DARC1 on Frontlines with LtCol. Oliver North:

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/frontlines/video/frontlines-episode-6-darc-full-episode/list/frontlines-reports

As far as getting back into training after years out of it...it will remind you how old you are...especially after 40......
However,(to me at least) having a great instructor will remind you what it's all about, and why you are there in the first place.
Cheers,
GB

Arkansas Bob
07-16-13, 18:59

Got a guy in Lowell that does mine. PM for details

ReRun
07-17-13, 16:09
DARC looks good but they don't have any class schedule info online. I reached out to them and will see what they say.

Anyone ever get together for a local shoots? I'm in serious need of some range partners that know what they are doing. Slim pickings around here.

Rekkr870
07-17-13, 16:35
DARC looks good but they don't have any class schedule info online. I reached out to them and will see what they say.

Anyone ever get together for a local shoots? I'm in serious need of some range partners that know what they are doing. Slim pickings around here.

I wouldn't mind doing local shoots. Nobody seems to live in Southeast Arkansas, though.

Stubby
07-17-13, 16:53
Not Arkansas, just kansas! Lol

Grizzly16
07-17-13, 17:24

Their civi classes take a back seat to .mil and leo ones. And their internet presence is limited. I'm guessing they'll have a pistol or carbine class either by then of the year or early in 2014. I've also heard rumors of a fun shoot and a competition sometime in August. If that goes down I'll try and post something up in our regional forum.

07-17-13, 20:51

where are you located?

ReRun
07-17-13, 21:52
where are you located?

NWA. I primarily shoot at the Rogers range. Not sure if anyone else is a member there.