PDA

View Full Version : Complete Lower Receivers

bart
10-25-07, 20:33
I have spent the last several weeks reading the posts on this forum. I have found excellent information. I have been trying to decided between two AR's and would like some information on complete lowers. The uppers have great wealth of comaprision information that is not visually obvious (MPI Bolt, HPT Barrel, etc.). Is there similar consideration for complete lower receivers besides mil spec FCG pins or "H" Buffer? I was considering getting an LMT upper and lower. After reading about Noveske I was considering getting a Noveske complete basic upper with a Stag Arms complete Lower. Both have the same cost basis.

LMT
Lower 330
Upper 485
BCG 130
Rear sight 100
hand guards 20
Total 1065

Stag Lower 230
Noveske upper 875
Total 1105

Stickman
10-25-07, 22:21
No question that I would go with choice #2, you aren't going to go wrong with a Noveske upper.

bart
10-26-07, 14:43
Thanks Stickman,

Is there any reliability reason to upgrade the lower to an LMT with the Noveske upper?

Shihan
10-26-07, 15:21
With the LMT if you are going to keep to included stock you dont get the normal stock rattle as you do with the others and the LMT includes their reciever extension which is a plus. They also have an included Ergo grip. With then LMT you also have the ability to upgrade from the start a SOPMOP stock and a factory 2 stage trigger saving you some $ if that is of interest.

GONIF
10-26-07, 21:19
what ever you do get the upgraded trigger. I have not had any experience with Novetski ,but the LMT upper and lower I have are great and as good as Colt .

bart
10-27-07, 18:52
Thanks for the help. I think I will go with the LMT lower and the Noveske upper.

Failure2Stop
10-27-07, 19:24
Thanks for the help. I think I will go with the LMT lower and the Noveske upper.

The force is strong with this one...