PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Hogue G10 grips on their Sig or any handgun?

MSteele
07-17-11, 15:27
I am thinking of purchasing a set of these for my P239. Wondering if they are worth the money. If you have them which texture do you have?
Thanks

Pinnacle
07-17-11, 16:14
I have the black checkered G10 grips on my 229. I love them! Very grippy and a perfect fit.

1911-A1
07-17-11, 17:03
Are they slimmer than the stock grips? I have a 228 that has the OEM grips installed, and they are pretty thick along the top where the thumb usually rests. It makes it a little hard to grasp at times.

MSteele
07-17-11, 18:59
Are they slimmer than the stock grips? I have a 228 that has the OEM grips installed, and they are pretty thick along the top where the thumb usually rests. It makes it a little hard to grasp at times.

A buddy of mine has them on his 228 and he likes them much better then the OEM grips. He said that it improved the grip overall, he has the checkered G10 grips. I am thinking of getting the Piranha texture as it looks more aggressive. I have the Hogue rubber grips and I have the same issue when grasping the gun, hope these G10 grips solve the problem.

RiggerGod
07-18-11, 01:05
I had the same issue with the 228/229 bump when I first started shooting them. I dislike it but eventually learned to work around it.
I would suggest trying a 226 or 220. In my opinion they have a much slimmer more comfortable grip; it dosen't hurt that the 226 holds more ammo and the 220 packs a bigger punch.

My 226 and 230 both sport the Hogue G10 Extreme grips. I got the 230 grips first and I like them. The surface is fairly sharp and grippy. Along with a little grip tape they make it possible to hand on to the gun during hot humid range days down here in Miami. I liked them so much on my backup I thought I'd try them on my duty gun. The fit and finish on the 226 grips leaves quite a bit to be desired. There is a small gap running up the back where the two grip plates meet. Frankly that is unacceptable for a pair of $15 Sig grips much less $100+ custom grips. Disappointing and unacceptable. I actually purchased two pair to see if the first set was just a fluke. It wasn't. I tried contacting Hogue directly and they fumbled the CS response. Like I said. Disappointing all the way around. I need to get Ben at Boresight to do me up a pair of stippled Sig grips. Caveat emptor.