PDA

View Full Version : If I wanted a 1-4 type for a 15-22...?

tAKticool
07-17-11, 21:03
Hi all,

I am starting to see the obvious advantages of the 1-4 and would like to take advantage of them... Maybe buy one.

Basically I've always wanted some Trijicon stuff, I just really like them. I had bought me my new and first big-boy AR early Dec (present to myself for surviving Total Disc Replacement surgery at the age of 29 doh!) and was saving money for an optic, with an open mind. Around Christmas there was quite a bit of AccuPoints for between 5-$600, the 1.25-4x were like $524 at Buds and even the bigger ones were less than $600. I was designing my AR as a CQB style so I was on the lookout for something more like that but, I'd always keep an open mind.

Anyway I was alerted to the Aimpoint Micro R-1 sale and that was that, I bought two. One for my AR one for my 15-22... Anyway long story, I didn't buy mounts... not knowing I needed them.. Pissed I had t ospend more money (cause not only did I buy the two R-1s I bought a ProStaff for my 597, some other 597 stuff, ammo etc. now I gotta buy a $100 mount?!) ... so I bought one mount DD Tall mount and put it on for my 5.56... the 15-22 didn't get taken care of right away.

Not wanting to waste the R-1 in the box, it went onto my M930SPX.. And there it sat.... and it's still adoring my M930SPX, I just can't remove it!!! I love my 15-22 but I *love* my M930SPX with Aimpoint Micro lol, its so sweet... but the 15-22 still needs love!

So I am thinking, why not a 1-4.... ??!! Right? But at the end of the day, I have spent a REDONK amount on my 15-22 and just cant afford another $750 on an AccuPoint for a damn .22LR... I'd love to, can't do it nor justify it. So what are my 1-4 options?

Lets say I wanted something awesome and tactically mall ninja'd up! LOL Joke there joke there, honest joke. If I was gonna say $200 was top of my price range, what could I do? I really don't want to spend Quite that much but I will if its worth it. I have a TON into my 15-22 so i don't want to skimp here. And if, of course, there is something between 2-$300 that i just simply am told its so worth it, i'd consider that.

If I can't do anything cool/real good deal/real good qual I'd be more inclinded to go with the Primary Arms microdot and a deluxe 3x magnifier with a flip-to-side mount.. If anyone has experience with that on an AR plz feel free to let me in on your experience.

Thanks much for the help, for sure.

tAK

nimdabew
07-17-11, 23:34
I have heard good and bad things about the millet DMS. Some people wouldn't wish them on their worst enemy while others have fantastic reviews about them. YMMV.

Retail 220-250 + mount

wetidlerjr
07-18-11, 06:58
I would go up to $300 and put a Burris TAC 30 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=75229) on it. :cool:

tAKticool
07-18-11, 10:53
Thanks much thanks much...

Now if I have a standard AR set-up to a generally M4ish CQBish configuration ... and I have an Aimpoint Micro and DD tall mount presently..... AM i better off with the Micro and leave as is, or saving to put a Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4 on it and move the Micro over to the 15-22.

Just curious. I seem to be drawn to the AccuPoint 1-4... to me it seems like it'd be even mo' better than an ACOG at less money. and more versatility, no?

ryr8828
07-18-11, 13:56
I have a 15-22 and I know that you know the range of .22 LR is limited.

I don't think I'd spend a fortune on an optic for it, it's a fun gun and not a serious gun.

If you want to load it down with a 1-4x24 I'd get a primary arms one for $120. I have a cheap walther ps22 red dot on mine. I picked 2 up from Midway on sale to put on my cheaper fun toys.

I haven't tried to shoot a gnat off of a rabbit's ass with it but I can hit my steel at 100 and 140 yds with it. Thought about hanging up some clay pigeons and shooting at them.