PDA

View Full Version : AAR Glock Armorer's Course

mildot
07-18-11, 19:13
Well the course is excellent, at some points you feel that you are almost bombarded with too much information.The course gives you the history of the pistol, reasons behind its design and manufacture.A very through knowledge of the parts and assembly, stripping, and trouble shooting.The instructor was very knowledgeable and included alot of other information.Overall I'm very pleased with the course and the content.Definitely money well spent and the folks at Glock were great to deal with throughout the whole process.One of the lasting impressions is that Glock really stands behind there product, have a problem, get a hold of the distributor and they will make it right, if they can. Oh yea, kinda off topic but as a FYI, as of yesterday they had orders for about 180,000 pistols on the books, they thanked Obama for that LOL.They make about 60,000 pistols a month at the US facility.

BTW all my Glocks are sporting Vickers Extended slide stops and magazines releases as of today:dance3:

Surf
07-18-11, 21:18
I am guessing that this is your first armorer course?

mildot
07-19-11, 06:26
Yea, well you have to start some where?

Watrdawg
07-19-11, 11:34
I took the Armorers course back in 91 at the Smyrna office. I wonder how much it has changed.

oldtexan
07-19-11, 21:26
Well the course is excellent, at some points you feel that you are almost bombarded with too much information.The course gives you the history of the pistol, reasons behind its design and manufacture.A very through knowledge of the parts and assembly, stripping, and trouble shooting.The instructor was very knowledgeable and included alot of other information.Overall I'm very pleased with the course and the content.Definitely money well spent and the folks at Glock were great to deal with throughout the whole process.One of the lasting impressions is that Glock really stands behind there product, have a problem, get a hold of the distributor and they will make it right, if they can. Oh yea, kinda off topic but as a FYI, as of yesterday they had orders for about 180,000 pistols on the books, they thanked Obama for that LOL.They make about 60,000 pistols a month at the US facility.

BTW all my Glocks are sporting Vickers Extended slide stops and magazines releases as of today:dance3:

Did the instructor address the current issues with numerous changes to 4th gen recoil spring assemblies and the reliability issues of recent guns?

mildot
07-19-11, 21:33
Did the instructor address the current issues with numerous changes to 4th gen recoil spring assemblies and the reliability issues of recent guns?

Yes as much as possible, one thing I learned is that Glock is constantly improving parts and standardizing them.I'm in no hurry to get a Gen 4, just because I don't think that they are done improving(perfecting) it yet.Just my $0.02

Surf
07-19-11, 21:42
I didn't mean that negatively as it is a great place to start for an armorer. The Glock is very simple to work on and the course is a good start that isn't complex. It is a good place to start to get used to working on weapons. Other more difficult weapon systems can be a good bit more involved, so again this is a good place to start.

mildot
07-19-11, 22:32
I didn't mean that negatively as it is a great place to start for an armorer. The Glock is very simple to work on and the course is a good start that isn't complex. It is a good place to start to get used to working on weapons. Other more difficult weapon systems can be a good bit more involved, so again this is a good place to start.

I actually use a Beretta PX4 at work, but they didn't want to train any armorer's they opted to just replace the pistols.I took the course on my own initiative, and since I own 3.It was a good beginning, I've used/shot Glocks for years but never really knew what made them "tick".

RiggerGod
07-20-11, 01:33
That's funny. I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself. I use Sigs at work, only own one Glock (I really need to fix this....) and I'm thinking about taking the armorers course just for s***s and grins, to generally keep my skills sharp, and learn a new weapon system. I'm also a Sig, Remington , and Colt armorer so I'll be curious to see how the simplicity of the Glock stacks up. Really looking forward to it.

mildot
07-20-11, 07:50
That's funny. I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself. I use Sigs at work, only own one Glock (I really need to fix this....) and I'm thinking about taking the armorers course just for s***s and grins, to generally keep my skills sharp, and learn a new weapon system. I'm also a Sig, Remington , and Colt armorer so I'll be curious to see how the simplicity of the Glock stacks up. Really looking forward to it.

I had Doneburgh as an instructor, lots of knowledge and
really explained the Glock development process and the changes in the pistols over the years.A good set of Blue Ray DVD's is about $100 these days, so for the $150(its gone up in price as of Feb) its was well worth it.

tradja
07-20-11, 14:18
Thanks for the AAR. I took the Glock Armorer's course in January from Dennis Tueller (the Tueller Drill guy). This was my first and probably only armorer's class, since I have no professional reasons to pursue more.

I thoroughly enjoyed the class, specifically the troubleshooting lessons. It's essentially a "company show", so I reasonably didn't expect them to address the Gen 4 internet rumors in depth.

Nephrology
07-20-11, 16:32
Thanks for the AAR. I took the Glock Armorer's course in January from Dennis Tueller (the Tueller Drill guy). This was my first and probably only armorer's class, since I have no professional reasons to pursue more.

I thoroughly enjoyed the class, specifically the troubleshooting lessons. It's essentially a "company show", so I reasonably didn't expect them to address the Gen 4 internet rumors in depth.

Ditto, same instructor too. Was worth the money, I think....? Might get me into a GSSF match for free one day :D