PDA

View Full Version : Non Mil-Spec Receiver Pins

Race
07-20-11, 07:07
Would it bother any of you not to have mil-spec pins in a Colt LE6920 lower? Are the pins more difficult to find than mil-spec pins?

Thanks.

sr71plane
07-20-11, 08:14
Would it bother any of you not to have mil-spec pins in a Colt LE6920 lower? Are the pins more difficult to find than mil-spec pins?

Thanks.

Would not bother me at all. Colt made their Ar15's and AR15 Sporter rifles like that for so many years that there are probably more out there with non spec pins than with.

Bob Reed
07-20-11, 14:30
Yes, it greatly bothers me that some of my Colt's have "politically correct" pins in them and I have to stock two sizes instead of just one, and it bothers me that COLT would even do such a thing. But, since COLT Rifles & Carbines are second to none - I still bought them.

Thankfully, a few years ago COLT went back to using standard diameter pins, and now if they'd do the right thing and STOP putting that foolish "politically correct" sear block in their lower receivers all would be well again.

Regardless of what size pins you need, their readily available at Specialized Armament. http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Colt_AR_15_Parts-4-0.html

Todd.K
07-20-11, 15:12
It would bother me that I would have to stock two different sizes of spare parts. Tolerable if it's only the FCG pin size not the pivot pin but I would still probably try to sell it to a Colt collector.

Race
07-20-11, 15:22
It would bother me that I would have to stock two different sizes of spare parts. Tolerable if it's only the FCG pin size not the pivot pin but I would still probably try to sell it to a Colt collector.

Don't all Commercial and LE Colts have the larger pivot pin, regardless of the the FCG pins?

double-d
07-20-11, 15:31

And all this time I thought Colt went back to regular pins and no sear block.

Bob Reed
07-20-11, 16:24
Don't all Commercial and LE Colts have the larger pivot pin, regardless of the the FCG pins?
No, they don't. The last two Colt's I bought had standard pivot pins & FCG pins. One was purchased over a year ago and they other was purchased just last week.

Race
07-20-11, 16:26
Can someone tell me the sizes of the two different pivot pins?

Thanks.

Bob Reed
07-20-11, 16:53
Can someone tell me the sizes of the two different pivot pins?

Thanks.
.250" and .312"

Bob Reed
07-20-11, 17:04
And all this time I thought Colt went back to regular pins and no sear block.
The pins are standard, and have been for a few years. But sadly, the lower is still blocked - except they stopped using the hardened block and now have a webbed, cross section in the lower.

You can see it in the top photo: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=904572&postcount=6

rushca01
07-20-11, 17:36
My LE6920 has standard pivot pins but the large fcg pins. If I were to get another one I would look for one with standard fcg pins as well. The sear block doesn't bother me as it will never be a full auto gun.