PDA

View Full Version : Knuckleheads give .Gov $80M in gold coins.

Irish
07-20-11, 20:00
Back story here: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Philly-Family-Fights-US-Over-Multi-Million-Dollar-Coins-125084784.html

.Gov kept the loot: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Heirs-Lose-Fight-With-Government-to-Keep-Dads-Rare-1933-Gold-Coins-125908579.html

theblackknight
07-20-11, 20:31
a fool and her money are soon . . . . .wait,what?

obucina
07-20-11, 21:07
is there a statute of limitations on property?

HK51Fan
07-20-11, 22:05
that's a case of darwinism if I ever saw one!

Suwannee Tim
07-21-11, 14:19
If anything would ever tempt me to smuggle and money launder it would be finding 10 double eagles in my late Daddy's safe deposit box.

QuietShootr
07-21-11, 15:03
LMFAO!!:lol:

I'm going to choose to laugh hysterically because that's what those no-talent assclowns deserve.

How about an alternate ending:

1) Road trip to El Paso, cab to Juarez, flight to Mexico City, flight to Georgetown, Grand Cayman. Consult local attorney, form local holding corporation, rent secure box in three different banks and deposit one coin each. Flight to Frankfurt, flight to Geneva. Form local corporation using local attorney as representative and titular owner, deposit 3 coins in secure encoded 2-person-in-person-to-open deposit box at a bank with no branches or business in the US, have attorney set up anonymous auction through a local firm for those three coins. Open another secure box at a second bank, deposit one coin. Fly to Finland, repeat for one coin. Fly to Costa Rica, open a box, drop another coin and head home. Wait for the auction to conclude...
2) ???
3) Profit!

Stupid asses.

HK51Fan
07-21-11, 15:58

I'm going to choose to laugh hysterically because that's what those no-talent assclowns deserve.

1) Road trip to El Paso, cab to Juarez, flight to Mexico City, flight to Georgetown, Grand Cayman. Consult local attorney, form local holding corporation, rent secure box in three different banks and deposit one coin each. Flight to Frankfurt, flight to Geneva. Form local corporation using local attorney as representative and titular owner, deposit 3 coins in secure encoded 2-person-in-person-to-open deposit box at a bank with no branches or business in the US, have attorney set up anonymous auction through a local firm for those three coins. Open another secure box at a second bank, deposit one coin. Fly to Finland, repeat for one coin. Fly to Costa Rica, open a box, drop another coin and head home. Wait for the auction to conclude...
2) ???
3) Profit!

Stupid asses.

that would work. I would do cayman and zurich. dole them out over several years and keep the market hot. 10 coins like that hitting the market at once would drop their value faster than a thai hooker with an adams apple!

QuietShootr
07-21-11, 16:01
that would work. I would do cayman and zurich. dole them out over several years and keep the market hot. 10 coins like that hitting the market at once would drop their value faster than a thai hooker with an adams apple!

Why, I know it would... Like the Anarchist Cookbook, I left out a few very key ingredients (ya don't get those for free:D), but you get the general idea :-)

montanadave
07-21-11, 16:38

2) ???
3) Profit!

Stupid asses.

Do you offer personal financial planning services?

:lol:

Suwannee Tim
07-21-11, 16:45

2) ???
3) Profit!

Stupid asses.

Sounds like you have done this before? What was it? Not double eagles. Maybe Spanish treasure? Artwork? Egyptian antiquities? You can tell us!:D

QuietShootr
07-21-11, 16:48
Sounds like you have done this before? What was it? Not double eagles. Maybe Spanish treasure? Artwork? Egyptian antiquities? You can tell us!:D

Meh, I can just think of more than one way to skin a cat besides screwing it to death.

ForTehNguyen
07-21-11, 17:54
so there is no statute of limitations on this or what?

Suwannee Tim
07-21-11, 17:55
No statute of limitations on not having clear title.

RWBlue
07-21-11, 18:15
No statute of limitations on not having clear title.

"A thief cannot convey good title to stolen property," Assistant U.S. Attorney Joel M. Sweet wrote.

Hmm, I guess we should open this conversation up to native Americans.

How about Japanese Americans in WWII in America?

QuietShootr
07-21-11, 18:28
"A thief cannot convey good title to stolen property," Assistant U.S. Attorney Joel M. Sweet wrote.

Hmm, I guess we should open this conversation up to native Americans.

How about Japanese Americans in WWII in America?

Yeah... good title begins and ends where the government says it does. Which is why possession is still 9/10ths of the law :D

Travis B
07-21-11, 20:41
1. Why would you go to the US Treasury for authentication? Why not the Smithsonian?

2. Why would you bring ALL of them to be verified? If you're that curious, bring one and keep your lips sealed about the others.