PDA

View Full Version : M&P and x300 with RCS holster?

manderson2228
07-21-11, 08:32
I just bought an x300, and I want to get a raven holster that holds my M&P and light. Issue is the website lists the x300 with u/p latch or rail lock. It's my understanding that the rail lock allows you to lock down/bolt the light to the rail, i'd much rather a quick pop on pop off disconnect which I think is the u/p latch. So my question is, do all the x300's come with both options?? I want to order the u/p latch version of the holster, I know on surefire website it says the light comes with rail lock, but i assume there is an adapter to go u/p? Is that a correct assumption? So I can order the u/p latch version and get on the waiting list..

cgcorrea
07-21-11, 08:38
The light comes already in the U/P latch configuration, but brings all the components you need to switch it to the rail lock set-up.

snakedoctor
07-21-11, 09:37
i already have this setup and rcs holster. order the u/p latch option. ;)

TomF
07-21-11, 11:15
From our FAQ:

Surefire:

Surefire X200/X300 weapon lights come with two mounting options. The "U/P" (Universal or Picattiny) latch is standard from the factory and has two tabs that are pulled down to release the light. If you pulled your light out of the box and put it on your weapon, choose the U/P latch option. The "Rail Lock" is an optional accessory that comes with most X-series lights. It requires installation and has a cross bar and locking wedge to secure the light in place. It is most often used when securing the light to a long gun rail, but some users install this on their pistols for added security.

The X300 holsters will accept all X200 lights, X200A will fit the B, X200B will only fit itself. The X400 holster will not fit any other weapon light.

If you are using a Surefire DG switch, let us know to ensure proper fit.

jeremy stanke
07-21-11, 12:52

Tom- i need to send in my Phantom to be converted for the threaded barrel, if i decided to go with a DG switch could something be done about that also?

TomF
07-21-11, 13:21
Jeremy,

Very few holsters can be "converted" to a threaded barrel. Shoot us an email at gearinfo@ravenconcealment.com with what you have (and/or a picture), and we can get you squared away.

Refitting for a DG siwtch is typically no problem.

titsonritz
07-21-11, 13:30

Will a Raven fit for the DG switch retain a pistol without one?

manderson2228
07-21-11, 13:39
Appreciate the help guys. Made the order earlier..

16-18 weeks turn around time though says the site.......:blink:

TomF
07-21-11, 14:01
Jeremy,

Very few holsters can be "converted" to a threaded barrel. Shoot us an email at gearinfo@ravenconcealment.com with what you have (and/or a picture), and we can get you squared away.

Refitting for a DG siwtch is typically no problem.

snackgunner
09-11-11, 15:28
Going to be ordering a Raven holster here shortly for my M&P w/ x300 light. I just want to be sure about something and get on the waiting list already.

Has anyone who has an M&P and x300 noticed any wobble with their x300 when using the u/p latch?

Ive read that there is a good amount of wobble with the x300 on glocks when using the u/p latch.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80773

The only time I intend to take the x300 off my M&P is to change batteries, but it still would be nice to have easy connect/disconnect. But if there is any wobble whatsoever with the x300 on the M&Ps then Id rather go with the rail lock.

jwperry
09-11-11, 15:32
Going to be ordering a Raven holster here shortly for my M&P w/ x300 light. I just want to be sure about something and get on the waiting list already.

Has anyone who has an M&P and x300 noticed any wobble with their x300 when using the u/p latch?

Ive read that there is a good amount of wobble with the x300 on glocks when using the u/p latch.

The only time I intend to take the x300 off my M&P is to change batteries, but it still would be nice to have easy connect/disconnect. But if there is any wobble whatsoever with the x300 on the M&Ps then Id rather go with the rail lock.

No wobble in either of mine. In fact, it is so snug that depending on how girly I'm feeling I have to press the light bezel onto a hard surface to get it to latch securely.

rickp
09-11-11, 15:55
I have both an M&P .45 and a 9mm with a X300 P setup in a raven holster and it works just fine. The reason i use the picatinni latch is becuase I also run the light on a 1911.
Just a heads up if you use the P with the M&P it's a tight fit, you actually ahve to slap the front of the light to get it to fit, but it works great.

R.

snackgunner
09-11-11, 16:01
Good to hear. Thanks for helping me make my decision.

manderson2228
09-11-11, 16:19

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=80773

I went with another company other than RCS to get mine because the waiting list is so long. Got it less than a week and I am VERY happy with it. No wobble no nothing with it. Works really well cheaper too. PM me if you want info.

PPGMD
09-11-11, 17:06

On mine it is locked in pretty good. But the Glock rail is a different shape then the M&P rail.