PDA

View Full Version : Wow, you can't make an honest living...

Naxet1959
07-21-11, 09:02
as a gun dealer in DC...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/police-may-host-firearms-dealer/2011/07/20/gIQAVA4KQI_story.html

C-grunt
07-21-11, 10:47
From the article:

zoning regulations that restrict gun-related businesses from operating within 300 feet of playgrounds, places of worship, schools, residential zones or public libraries.

That's insane. There would be very few places here in Phoenix that would fit in those regulations.

Naxet1959
07-21-11, 10:52
"Paul Quander, deputy mayor for public safety and interim chief of staff, said there’s not enough demand for “multiple licensed firearm dealers to make a living.”

This was what made me shake my head... What decent size city in America doesn't have more than 1 Dealer?

ssracer
07-21-11, 11:10
I have four within a 5 minute drive of my house...two of which just opened in the past year or so and one of those has already expanded...

SteyrAUG
07-21-11, 14:24
From the article:

zoning regulations that restrict gun-related businesses from operating within 300 feet of playgrounds, places of worship, schools, residential zones or public libraries.

That's insane. There would be very few places here in Phoenix that would fit in those regulations.

The important thing is that you can buy crack within 5 feet of all of those places in DC.

Irish
07-21-11, 18:48
The important thing is that you can buy crack within 5 feet of all of those places in DC.

Yep, just ask Marion Barry.

C-grunt
07-21-11, 20:06

I actually just laughed out loud.:lol:

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-21-11, 20:10
Imagine if someone tried to copy those regs, but made it so that Planned Parenthood had the same restrictions.....

SteyrAUG
07-21-11, 22:45
Imagine if someone tried to copy those regs, but made it so that Planned Parenthood had the same restrictions.....

If only Planned Parenthood was REQUIRED in DC.