PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani smg 9mm ammo

hatidua
07-21-11, 14:05
I recently acquired some Pakistani 9mm smg ammo, which after researching on line, is of questionable quality at best (it was CHEAP). All that aside, from what I gather, this stuff is loaded a good bit hotter than a lot of 9mm ammo and I'm wondering if it will do any harm to the Glocks I typically run?

Will I overly stress a G17 with this stuff that is presumably expected to run through MP5/Uzi type devices??

TOrrock
07-21-11, 14:08
Just going by the quality of the other Pakistani ammo available here in the US, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near anyone shooting that stuff.

If it's surplus, it's sold because the original end user can't use it anymore. With 7.62 NATO from European nations, as well as Australia and South Africa, it's because the countries militaries have transitioned to 5.56mm rifles and carbines.

When a standard service caliber is sold off as surplus from a country that still actively issues it, there must be a reason.

How bad does it have to be that the Pakistanis don't want it anymore?

hatidua
07-21-11, 15:40

-good point :(

Team Chuck Norris
07-21-11, 17:35
I recall seeing this ammunition being sold by Sportsmans Guide. This was in case lots about a year or two ago. While the price was acceptable, the main concern I had is that it specifically indicated that it was corrosive. I had never seen corrosive 9mm ammunition being sold. If this is the same, do stay away.

Also, if something is being sold as surplus, one has to question why. Is it because it was stored or handled in such terrible conditions that the Pakastani government no longer deems it safe? How bad would it have to be to be rejected by the Pakastani government? Just my speculation, however.

okie john
07-21-11, 19:36
Will I overly stress a G17 with this stuff that is presumably expected to run through MP5/Uzi type devices??

Sten or Sterling is probably more like it.

Okie John

DireWulf
07-21-11, 22:08
Templar hit the nail on the head. It's gotta be pretty nasty stuff if the Pakis don't want it. Also, some SMG 9mm ammo has hard primers. I'm not sure how reliably it will run if that's the case. I'd steer clear if it were my Glock.

titsonritz
07-22-11, 02:55

Plus we all know what good buddies they are to us.

TOrrock
07-22-11, 08:10
I recall seeing this ammunition being sold by Sportsmans Guide. This was in case lots about a year or two ago. While the price was acceptable, the main concern I had is that it specifically indicated that it was corrosive. I had never seen corrosive 9mm ammunition being sold. If this is the same, do stay away.

Also, if something is being sold as surplus, one has to question why. Is it because it was stored or handled in such terrible conditions that the Pakastani government no longer deems it safe? How bad would it have to be to be rejected by the Pakastani government? Just my speculation, however.

Most of the Sportsman's Guide stuff was Egyptian surplus, but he warnings against using it are the same.....it was absolute crap.

macman37
07-22-11, 08:18
Every case of Paki ammo I've seen appears to have been stored in the bottom of a swamp. No thanks!

Wayne Dobbs
07-22-11, 08:24
I had a very wise old firearms trainer tell me one time, "If you wouldn't drink a country's water, don't shoot their ammo"

That works well for me.

bubba04
07-22-11, 08:38
I been shooting a lot of POF 308 out of my hk 91. Its dirty, but I havent had any issues with the ammo as of yet as well as it seems to be accurate enough for me. I hope my luck continues....

bp7178
07-22-11, 16:26
I wouldn't buy anything that said Pakistan on it.