View Full Version : Nikon M-223 2-8x

kg4kpg
07-22-11, 10:37
Just got one in with the Nikoplex reticle, hopefully get it out to the range this weekend. I was going to go for one with the BDC reticle but a last second deal got me this one for a super price. I went ahead and got the M-223 mount and so far I just don't like the clamping system on it. I wonder if a quick-release base would bolt under it or if I would have to get one of those quick-release risers? I would prefer not to have to use a riser. Hoping to get it out to this place in South Dakota next summer, some friends go to this lodge for a week and go out and shoot prairie dogs all day. Now you see it, now you don't. :D
Anyway, only thing I've read about this scope is how it mounts to the rifle so we'll see. I'll update my thread with a range report later. Thanks for reading.

Chris

bman940
07-22-11, 15:57
Chris, I think once you get your scope mounted up you will be very pleased with Nikon's AR Mount. Most places have not been able to keep them in stock so they must work. In fact I have not heard anything contrary about them at all.
Your new scope will become one of your favorites in no time. Sight in at 100 yards, lift Turrets, set and you're ready to dial out the distances.
I've had guys spin the Turrets on my Nikon M-223 Scopes and all came bakc to zero with repeatable accuracy. Can't ask for much more then that.
I look forward to some pics after your range day!

NWPilgrim
09-20-11, 20:55
Bart,

Can the BDC turret be swapped out for a another for another bullet weight or caliber?

I'm thinking of either the M-223 in 2-8x or 3-12x for sighting in handloads and informal target shooting to 600 yds. But I would like to play around with 55 gr, 60 gr, 69 gr and 77 gr bullets. The most common use at 300-600 yds would be for 60 gr Nosler BT loads and 69 BTHP. Any 55 gr loads would only be out to 200 yds anyway, and 77 gr would be less frequent. This is out of a 20" AR15 so not trying for ultimate precision.

What do you suggest for the reticule and turret in this case?